Good An Bad News For Us

Let's start with the good news, according to the Consul in Mumbai we don't have to be there in person. Any recognized travel agency

can do it for us.

The bad one is a lot bigger!

The Consul said today that in case of a retirement visa we need to have a thousand docs. As i told him, the only thing we wanted was a 90 day TV. He kept on saying that the requirement was: not 50 years for the female, and not 55 for the male, but 53 for both? He did not want to listen to the question about the TV at all.

Also it was 800.000 Baht in a Thai bank, and not 65.000 proven income from abroad per month?

Asking me what kind of passport we possesed, and telling him, Belgian and Norwegian, he said he could only issue us a 60 day TV, and only in case we had a return ticket or onward ticket?

Asking him about the on arrival visa (he probably still thought we were Indians), he said we could get it on arrival, but only for 15 days, with a maximum extension of 7 days.

Jane was in Norway at the Indian embassy and the Swedish girl working for the Indians in Norway said that the diplomats are taking over the "colour" of the country, so, i guess the Thai are doing the same, working in India makes you an A'hole?

He also said that that was all they would give in Mumbai!! And there was nothing we could do once in Thailand. He really sounded like a person who didn't like Farangs!!

Reading the official website from the Thai Embassy in Delhi it's a completely different story, WHAT TO DO ?

Is it strange we are getting even more confused!?

I really hope that you guys are right, because we are booking tickets and arriving with a small and fragile dog which is like our baby.

Pls help us out again

And now, I'm getting a beer!

Cheers

Let's start with the good news, according to the Consul in Mumbai we don't have to be there in person. Any recognized travel agency

can do it for us.

The bad one is a lot bigger!

The Consul said today that in case of a retirement visa we need to have a thousand docs. As i told him, the only thing we wanted was a 90 day TV. He kept on saying that the requirement was: not 50 years for the female, and not 55 for the male, but 53 for both? He did not want to listen to the question about the TV at all.

Also it was 800.000 Baht in a Thai bank, and not 65.000 proven income from abroad per month?

Asking me what kind of passport we possesed, and telling him, Belgian and Norwegian, he said he could only issue us a 60 day TV, and only in case we had a return ticket or onward ticket?

Asking him about the on arrival visa (he probably still thought we were Indians), he said we could get it on arrival, but only for 15 days, with a maximum extension of 7 days.

Jane was in Norway at the Indian embassy and the Swedish girl working for the Indians in Norway said that the diplomats are taking over the "colour" of the country, so, i guess the Thai are doing the same, working in India makes you an A'hole?

He also said that that was all they would give in Mumbai!! And there was nothing we could do once in Thailand. He really sounded like a person who didn't like Farangs!!

Reading the official website from the Thai Embassy in Delhi it's a completely different story, WHAT TO DO ?

Is it strange we are getting even more confused!?

I really hope that you guys are right, because we are booking tickets and arriving with a small and fragile dog which is like our baby.

Pls help us out again

And now, I'm getting a beer!

Cheers

ive known of people getting a retirement visa here (im not that age yet) so get yourselfe a beer and dont worry, it's not the first or last arseh@le youll meet, dont let him get ya down!

chris

hi, ring the thai consulate in liege/luik/lutich as you are belgian, they will not discuss anything to issue your visa as long as you have the papers required by the ministry of foreign affairs.

the consul is belgian and you can apply by mail.

Ray , like I said before get a cheap flight out of Thailand and do not use it. That will get you on the flight to Bangkok.

Jane will be able to get her retirement extension age 50 . with her 65'000 pension.

You will have to do a visa run or get a visa in Laos Vientienne.

Don't listen to bullshit.

Just get here and you will be ok

In fact i had more than 1 beer!

Thanks to you guys I'm happy again so i have a good reason to have some more later.

Will listen to you all because you obviously know more than the A.H. in the Mumbai Consulate.