Non Imm B Or Non Imm O?

Hi there

I recently posted about going to hull to get a one year multiple entry visa but on second thoughts would rather go somewhere in asia to get it, are there any consulates that are as friendly and as straight forward as the hull consulate in hull?? and whats i the difference between a non imm o and non imm b?? which is the easiest. This will be third visa, two tourist visas beofre this and a couple of entry stamps. one visa was a double entry, will this make it more difficult although I am getting a new passport next week.

cheers

Hi there

I recently posted about going to hull to get a one year multiple entry visa but on second thoughts would rather go somewhere in asia to get it, are there any consulates that are as friendly and as straight forward as the hull consulate in hull?? and whats i the difference between a non imm o and non imm b?? which is the easiest. This will be third visa, two tourist visas beofre this and a couple of entry stamps. one visa was a double entry, will this make it more difficult although I am getting a new passport next week.

cheers

O = for visiting friends and family, For extended stay in Thailand, Work as volunteer, To seek work (Not work),

B = To work,

So O visa is easier to get really.

It doesn't matter how many stamps you have in your passport, just aslong as you haven't out stayed your actual "Visas" or your 3 x arrival stamps in any 6 month period. You should have no probs at all,

I am sending off my passport to the Hull consulate tomorrow to get a 12 month multiple entry non immigrant O visa, So i can go stay with my fiancee for upto 12 months, although there's no way my money will last that long so i'll be coming home sooner then 1 year haha.

I also needing a question answering regarding the non O visa.....

Do i need to do a border run every 90 days (well..85ish) or can i go somewhere in bangkok instead? I've heard you can go to bangkok so if that's true then can someone give me the address and what i need to take... Passport, Arrival card...

This is my first time of using a Non immigrant O visa, I usually just use the 30 days enrty stamps.

Thanks.

Hi there

cheers

O = for visiting friends and family, For extended stay in Thailand, Work as volunteer, To seek work (Not work),

B = To work,

So O visa is easier to get really.

It doesn't matter how many stamps you have in your passport, just aslong as you haven't out stayed your actual "Visas" or your 3 x arrival stamps in any 6 month period. You should have no probs at all,

I am sending off my passport to the Hull consulate tomorrow to get a 12 month multiple entry non immigrant O visa, So i can go stay with my fiancee for upto 12 months, although there's no way my money will last that long so i'll be coming home sooner then 1 year haha.

I also needing a question answering regarding the non O visa.....

Do i need to do a border run every 90 days (well..85ish) or can i go somewhere in bangkok instead? I've heard you can go to bangkok so if that's true then can someone give me the address and what i need to take... Passport, Arrival card...

This is my first time of using a Non immigrant O visa, I usually just use the 30 days enrty stamps.

Thanks.

Sorry mate But you have to leave THAILAND Just long enough To get a Stamp out of Thai

and into another place. If its nice you may want to go shoping, if not dont worry just turn around and go back to Thailand for another 90 Days

Depends where you are as to where you go. Many people do Border runs

Oh well.... Unucky haha, I thought someone once told me that you could go to a office in Bangkok somewhere to get another stamp in your passport / Renew your 90 day stamp?

I guess i'll have to to the cambodia visa run after all then :o

Edited by Farside

B = To work...

Just like with the O visa, with the B visa you need a work permit if you want to work in Thailand. Basically, any visa just allows you to travel to Thailand, the entry stamp you get upon arrival allows you to stay in Thailand, and the work permit allows you to work.

--

Maestro

I am sending off my passport to the Hull consulate tomorrow to get a 12 month multiple entry non immigrant O visa, So i can go stay with my fiancee for upto 12 months, although there's no way my money will last that long so i'll be coming home

Actually it will allow you to stay for up to 15 months. If she has not spent all your money before then :o

Yes you have to leave every 90 days.

Hi there

cheers

You will be very lucky to get a Multi Entry Non O in Asia. Unless you are married to a Thai Lady. Even then there are certain conditions.

I think Perth Australia are pretty friendly, not Asia I know but when I went there June 07 it was cheaper to get there using budget airline than go back to the UK.

Got my Non B with just a letter from a TEFL school in 07, I need to renew again soon so I sent them an email and they say will issue Non O for visiting friends, need a letter from friencd and a signed copy of id card.

PS am also considering the controvesial method of posting to Hull from outide Thailand

Edited by alphason

I think Perth Australia are pretty friendly, not Asia I know but when I went there June 07 it was cheaper to get there using budget airline than go back to the UK.

Got my Non B with just a letter from a TEFL school in 07, I need to renew again soon so I sent them an email and they say will issue Non O for visiting friends, need a letter from friencd and a signed copy of id card.

PS am also considering the controvesial method of posting to Hull from outide Thailand

Not only is this method controversial, it is also illegal.

If immigration were to check your exit/entry stamps and catch you out, who knows what the outcome would be.

If immigration were to check your exit/entry stamps and catch you out, who knows what the outcome would be.

I though it was considered a grey area. If you leave and get stamped out properly and then post it off from Malaysia or wherever I think the only risk is being without your original passport for a few days, I even see some legal firms offering it e.g. http://www.tilalegal.com/non-b_visa.html?g...CFRwbewodryMalA

Not saying I am doing it but do you have reference to anything that says it is definatly illegal?

I though it was considered a grey area. If you leave and get stamped out properly and then post it off from Malaysia or wherever I think the only risk is being without your original passport for a few days, I even see some legal firms offering it e.g. http://www.tilalegal.com/non-b_visa.html?g...CFRwbewodryMalA

Not saying I am doing it but do you have reference to anything that says it is definatly illegal?

As long as you are outside Thailand when you apply for the visa there will not be any problems with the Thai authorities.

However you may be in hot water with the Malaysian authorities if you cannot show your passport when asked. :o

Thai visa applications must be made from outside of Thailand and you must carry your passport here, at all times, so it's certainly illegal to apply from within.

However if you applied from Malaysia, where there seems to be no legal requirement to hold your passport at all times, like in Thailand, you would still be applying from way outside the UK jurisdiction of the Thai Consulate in Hull (note that they state that they will only post passport/visas to a uk address). So it still remains a questionable process.

if you can get a letter from your employer stating you need a second passport for visa purposes, you can have 2 valid passports and then send one off and you keep the other on your person, then when the other one comes back with the visa in it, you do a quick run over the border and when you come back in, you use the passport with the visa in it.

if you can get a letter from your employer stating you need a second passport for visa purposes, you can have 2 valid passports and then send one off and you keep the other on your person, then when the other one comes back with the visa in it, you do a quick run over the border and when you come back in, you use the passport with the visa in it.

No you can't.

1. The passport will have to be mailed from outside the country, or via a 3rd party.

2. Crossing a land border, the officers will want to see a stamp from the country you are exiting,

so changing passports is not an option.

It can be done if you fly to another country.

Still quite dodgy if the Thai authorities catch on that you have two passports and are swapping.

Thai visa applications must be made from outside of Thailand and you must carry your passport here, at all times, so it's certainly illegal to apply from within.

However if you applied from Malaysia, where there seems to be no legal requirement to hold your passport at all times, like in Thailand, you would still be applying from way outside the UK jurisdiction of the Thai Consulate in Hull (note that they state that they will only post passport/visas to a uk address). So it still remains a questionable process.

Any one actually done this? I still can't figure out if its ok or not

Any one actually done this? I still can't figure out if its ok or not

Yes. I have done it. I went to the Philippines. I sent my passport to a visa service in the USA. Got a multiple entry "b" visa. No hassles. They sent back via DHL. cost shipping + multiple fee ($175) + service fee $55 - Done. It is not illegal unless u send it from Thailand.

Hi,

I sent my passport to a visa service in the USA. Got a multiple entry "b" visa. No hassles.
Interesting... :o

Does anybody know an equivalent service in Hull ?

Not everybody has an address or a friend in UK...

Hi,
I sent my passport to a visa service in the USA. Got a multiple entry "b" visa. No hassles.
Interesting... :o

Does anybody know an equivalent service in Hull ?

No, Hull have categorically stated that they will only post to a UK (or IIRC an EU) address. Could be a market for an enterprising person to create a sideline in UK address forwarding :D

No, Hull have categorically stated that they will only post to a UK (or IIRC an EU) address.
Yes I know that, thanks.

When I talked about "service" I had in mind a "visa service shop" like the ones everywhere in Thailand...

I too think there is a small market here :o

No, Hull have categorically stated that they will only post to a UK (or IIRC an EU) address.
Yes I know that, thanks.

When I talked about "service" I had in mind a "visa service shop" like the ones everywhere in Thailand...

I too think there is a small market here :o

Just to repeat, you can only apply for a tourist/non immigrant visa from outside of Thailand.

Plus aliens are required by law to always carry their passports here in Thailand.

Just to repeat, you can only apply for a tourist/non immigrant visa from outside of Thailand.

Plus aliens are required by law to always carry their passports here in Thailand.

I do know that. Everybody here knows that.

But jevans1962 said he was using such a service in USA from Malaysia

Then why are you talking of Thailand ??

Sorry, misunderstood your meaning when you said there was a 'small market here' for a "visa service shop"

Sorry, misunderstood your meaning when you said there was a 'small market here' for a "visa service shop"

Although Hull is considered friendly, I can not see them processing visas and reguarily posting off to the same UK address, to forwarded onto Malaysia?