Actual Compost

bunta71

Been doing a little "farming" in my tiny backyard. Vegetables.I bought 30 rice sacks full of "compost" to help initially prepare the soil. When delivered, it turn out to be 100% steer manure. So I turned it in and used it but steer manure is a little too hot for many plants. Now I'm looking for true compost in the Chiang Mai area. Any of you city slickers know of any?? :D:D:o

Any of you city slickers know of any??

My friend who lives in Doi Saket makes her own from kitchen peelings, cut grass etc. When I stayed with her family, I helped turn it over, keep it moist etc. Does that sound authentic?

You probably need only a small "starter" amount right? I will ask her about it when I see her. She's travelling now and will visit me soon (I work in Beijing) She'll be back in Chiang Mai mid-July.

Saw some being sold on the side of the road in the park at the top of Huey-Kaew road a couple of weeks ago. It was just before a sign proclaiming the "Huey-Kaew Fitness Park". On the opposite side of the road is a sign proclaiming "Products from the Royally Initiated Project and Support Foundation: Sales Building".

Just head up Huey-Kaew road away from the canal and you should find it.

Edited by photojourn

Thanks but I do that also myself,but this is not enough for my needs. A truckload is more of what I have in mind. I will check out the Royal project mentioned in the following post. Anyone else???

I know a site where there is loads of bullsh*t being spread on a daily basis but it probably wouldn't suit your purpose.

So where is it Blinky? I thoroughly enjoy a little BS on the side

I know a site where there is loads of bullsh*t being spread on a daily basis but it probably wouldn't suit your purpose.

Not too far from here Bunta. In fact you are already very close.

Edited by Blinky Bill

Not too far from here Bunta. In fact you are already very close.

Touching the place as I type. How did that one get past me? Lost my grip there for a while. Kinda like a pig in shit

Edited by bunta71