Percentage Of Farangs In Thailand Who Are Here For Sex?

bonobo

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well most of my farang male friends come here for the combination of.....

weather, thai smiles, foods, and sightseeing ------not in clubbing circle!! :o

Well, I bet you don't know what they get up to when they are out of your sight!

Well most of my farang male friends come here for the combination of.....

weather, thai smiles, foods, and sightseeing ------not in clubbing circle!! :o

Well, I bet you don't know what they get up to when they are out of your sight!

Except getting up to the bathroom - out of sight at night - sleeping at my house

With the STD flying around here?….among other things

Well they can get prettier one back home, much safer, with just a cost of a few dinners!!, their words here.

Have you heard of "Paul Newman", "Brad Pitts" etcs…looks?

Well that's my group, JA

Pretty boys turn heads,

My friends break necks!!… :D

Edited by MetroGirl

• 4 weeks later...
Most people I know don't come to see temples, that's for sure. I would be interested to know how many STAYED because of the sex!

It's a Disneyland for Adults (particularly males).

I would say, " Only " males . The last 2 functions I attended I was put at the single gals table and even though we are all beautiful, the chance of single western women having dates in Thailand is nil .

I went on a date with a Brit guy the second week I was here and he grabbed my neck and tried to stick his tongue down my throat , repeatedly slapped my abdomen and got very very drunk, all within the first half hour. And that was the last date I had, in Thailand -almost 3 years ago.

When I travel though, it's different . I went on a cruise to Norway last August and men were all over me , met a very interested man -same when I visited England afterward, so I'm considered attractive, it's just in Thailand there are thousands of young, beautiful women that will go after the most repulsive of men, just for the monetary security, I guess.

Question: Most men don't mind being used for money if the sex is there - (and the housework is done...? ) Maybe they actually prefer it?

Edited by HorseDoctor

I'm in Korea now. I haven't had sex yet. Thailand burned me out! When people e-mail me, they are like, "You just can't get enough of those Asian women, huh?" Actually, yes. Women hit on me but I don't respond.

Before I went to Thailand I hadn't had sex in three years. Then was with half the country. Now I'm semi-cellabate. Now I'm the one who only cares and thinks about money. Making under $1000 in Thailand just don't cut it, even if it's all you can eat.

Most people I know don't come to see temples, that's for sure. I would be interested to know how many STAYED because of the sex!

I would say, " Only " males . The last 2 functions I attended I was put at the single gals table and even though we are all beautiful, the chance of single western women having dates in Thailand is nil .

I dont quite agree HorseDoctor. I have been asked out on different occasions by men from different nationalities during the 2 years i have been in Thailand. I dont go out to clubs or bars, these have just been time that i have been out for coffee or after someone stuck up a conversation with me in a shop or cafe etc. I agree that in Thailand, I dont receive the same attention than in other countries, but I actually quite like that (and im not saying im drop dead gorgeous, far from it.) Thai men are usually (in my experience) more subtle in going about asking a woman out (at least, when asking a western woman out), and often single western men who come here are interested in Asian ladies, so im not put out that im not the target of attention, its just different stokes for different folks. I knew before i came here that western women supposedly do not get the same attention, so i expected to be left alone. If anything i have been surprised by some of the attention rather than lack of it, but maybe thats because i dont expect or want it...?

I went on a date with a Brit guy the second week I was here and he grabbed my neck and tried to stick his tongue down my throat , repeatedly slapped my abdomen and got very very drunk, all within the first half hour. And that was the last date I had, in Thailand -almost 3 years ago.

When I travel though, it's different . I went on a cruise to Norway last August and men were all over me , met a very interested man -same when I visited England afterward, so I'm considered attractive, it's just in Thailand there are thousands of young, beautiful women that will go after the most repulsive of men, just for the monetary security, I guess.

Question: Most men don't mind being used for money if the sex is there - (and the housework is done...? ) Maybe they actually prefer it?

see theres your problem, you think, as do most western women, your beautiful and worthy of lots of attention.

but you come to los and find your not and that men would rather pay than date you, even the ugly and replusive ones

hard pill to swallow for most westies gals unfortunately.

btw many thai women prefer less attractive men because

they will have fewer unwanted admirers

I dont quite agree HorseDoctor. I have been asked out on different occasions by men from different nationalities during the 2 years i have been in Thailand. I dont go out to clubs or bars, these have just been time that i have been out for coffee or after someone stuck up a conversation with me in a shop or cafe etc. I agree that in Thailand, I dont receive the same attention than in other countries, but I actually quite like that (and im not saying im drop dead gorgeous, far from it.) Thai men are usually (in my experience) more subtle in going about asking a woman out (at least, when asking a western woman out), and often single western men who come here are interested in Asian ladies, so im not put out that im not the target of attention, its just different stokes for different folks. I knew before i came here that western women supposedly do not get the same attention, so i expected to be left alone. If anything i have been surprised by some of the attention rather than lack of it, but maybe thats because i dont expect or want it...?

eek is attractive. I will vouch for it.

see theres your problem, you think, as do most western women, your beautiful and worthy of lots of attention.

but you come to los and find your not and that men would rather pay than date you, even the ugly and replusive ones

hard pill to swallow for most westies gals unfortunately.

btw many thai women prefer less attractive men because

they will have fewer unwanted admirers

But I am beautiful, I'm told , by men who are interested in me, who reside outside of Thiland. It's just men in Thailand who are not interested and understandably so , because they have their choice of beautiful thai women.

It's nothing to do with me , it's a matter of arithmetic.

And honestly I think men are far more conceited than women - all over the world woman are taught to doubt themselves constantly while relying on beauty to attract males . I've seen stunning woman who hadn't a clue of their beauty , and I've seen some fugly guys who were over the top in their views of themselves.

And if you think these Thai woman are all over you for Love, that is delusional , it' money they want- security because they haven't been taught to rely on themselves-

But , yes maybe that's a trait men really don' t appreciate.

I've seen stunning woman who hadn't a clue of their beauty , and I've seen some fugly guys who were over the top in their views of themselves.

Up to a point, HorseDoctor. Surely you know this works two ways, right? Plenty of fugly women out there who are convinced they are drop-dead gorgeous, and plenty of guys like me who are rich, handsome and incredibly well-hung but are far too modest to come on a messageboard and flaunt it. I've PMd you my number. Call me. I can breathe through my ears.

This is interesting to me.  In most countries where I have lived or visited which were not a majority white, white women seemed to have it very easy finding men (I am assuming here you are white.)  Women who may not have been the belle of the ball back home were in high demand in Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Nigeria, Jordan, India, Taiwan, and a few other places.  This demand was from both local men as well as visiting westerners.  I always assumed this was because they were an exotic item in the area for the local men or gave interested western men a feeling of comfort. 

If this is not the case in Thailand, then I am very surprised.  I have been to a some more adult-oriented private parties in Thailand, and at least in that venue, visiting farang women or expats are quite popular. But I admit, that venue may not accurately reflect Thai society at large. 

I have been to a some more adult-oriented private parties in Thailand, and at least in that venue, visiting farang women or expats are quite popular. But I admit, that venue may not accurately reflect Thai society at large.

bonobo, you cheeky chimp! :o

Care to elaborate?

Im sure it has been said before in this thread (I forget now, as its only recently been re-bumped and too many pages to read), but isnt it generally natural to want to be somewhere there is an availability of sex, especially for men.

I imagine it just depends on what kind of sex you want and with whom (im not talking positions here btw :D). If you are looking for no strings attached sex, with pretty girls/boys/or something in between, in an easily accessible friendly environment, then it does seem that Thailand provides that. Areas here are well known to be "boys playgrounds".

Men, from what im told, find it easier to detach sex from emotions than women. So I can see the attraction from the male point of view. However, for men who stay here, I find it hard to believe they want this lifestyle long term. I think men, after spending a lot of time in the candy store, begin to crave something more comforting. There is a vast difference between no-strings sex and the comfort (and discomfort) of having a long-term relationship. Having someone looking out for you, caring for you, laughing at your (terrible :D ) jokes, making your meals, and washing your smelly socks and undies, surely must be something all men want in the end. Or am I deluded........? :o

I have been to a some more adult-oriented private parties in Thailand, and at least in that venue, visiting farang women or expats are quite popular. But I admit, that venue may not accurately reflect Thai society at large.

bonobo, you cheeky chimp! :o

Care to elaborate?

Uh, my avatar is perhaps more appropriate than some would think.  But as I was already castigated in another thread a few months ago for my opinions, suffice it to say that I am pretty open-minded and believe in live-and-let-live. :D

Men, from what im told, find it easier to detach sex from emotions than women. So I can see the attraction from the male point of view. However, for men who stay here, I find it hard to believe they want this lifestyle long term. I think men, after spending a lot of time in the candy store, begin to crave something more comforting. There is a vast difference between no-strings sex and the comfort (and discomfort) of having a long-term relationship. Having someone looking out for you, caring for you, laughing at your (terrible :D ) jokes, making your meals, and washing your smelly socks and undies, surely must be something all men want in the end. Or am I deluded........? :o

What most men want is both. They want someone they can trust, that loves the real them, that makes them meals and irons their clothes, but they also want to sneak off and dip the wick in some new stuff when ever they can get away with it.

You can't trust the sneaky devils. :D

I've lived in a number of countries and in general, the expat men here are quite different from other places. I am talking about the expat men who are out and about--not the people here on a work assignment. A large number of them either couldn't get a girl at home or if they could, they couldn't keep her. Lots of guys with problems, alcohol being the biggest among them.

What most men want is both. They want someone they can trust, that loves the real them, that makes them meals and irons their clothes, but they also want to sneak off and dip the wick in some new stuff when ever they can get away with it.

You can't trust the sneaky devils. :o

I suppose. Tbh (from the female point of view) i find it a bit sad really. I dont know who i feel sorrier for, men or women. Men for having this craving or their gf's/wives who either put up with it, dont know about it, or have to deal with the pain of finding out about it. Of course if accepted by both partners, then fair enough, but too often its an act involving lies and deceit. I dont know if i have ever been an oblivious wife/gf, but I truly do believe that no man i was with long term strayed away. Having a man do that would break a relationship for me, as well as my heart. I realise that most men may want this, but what they do about it is the most important thing. Some men feel its their right to have a "bit of fun on the side", but others will just window shop out of respect and consideration for their partners (or maybe out of fear of the repercussions? :D )

Note: i do also realise some women go behind their partners back too, just my reply is response to UG's post.

Im sure it has been said before in this thread (I forget now, as its only recently been re-bumped and too many pages to read), but isnt it generally natural to want to be somewhere there is an availability of sex, especially for men.

I imagine it just depends on what kind of sex you want and with whom (im not talking positions here btw :D ). If you are looking for no strings attached sex, with pretty girls/boys/or something in between, in an easily accessible friendly environment, then it does seem that Thailand provides that. Areas here are well known to be "boys playgrounds".

Yes , I'd say that having an " In House" cook and housekeeper is a VERY large reason why men have live in relationships- something I'm not willing to do ..Of course I've had relationships disolve because of it , but men do their share or time to move on .

Sigh, it seems women really haven't moved up to an equal status at all ..

I think this is also part of the attraction western men have to Thai women. I've been to Thai parties where the women just serve, serve, serve all night long and then clean, clean, clean it all up , without men lifting a finger..

That's why I'd probably never appeal to a Thai man, and another reason while I'll remain alone whilst in T Land .

But I am beautiful, I'm told , by men who are interested in me, who reside outside of Thiland.

men lie to get into womans pants. :D

by your reckoning i/we should believe the "hello sexy man" line. :o

Well I admit, I often leave the property looking less than my best , Maybe I go to the store covered in dirt and sweat from work, but with a minimum of preparation , I can turn heads.

I"m 'not young , but I'm not old either and I don't mind men that are older than me-

but in Tland... No chance .

Good thing I have an adolescent crush on an giganantic race horse in my care, NO I don't have sex with an animal but I have a relationship of sorts that actually is quite satisfying ..maybe the best one I ever had as his love is true And he's very handsome and so big and utterly masculine, it works .