Thailand Map For Pc

Gary A

My ESRI map is quite detailed but I'd like a map on a CD to use on my computer. No GPS capability is needed. Sometime back we were looking for a location and someone apparently had a SUPER detailed map on their computer. They furnished information that was NOT in my GPS. They were able to furnish GPS coordinates.

I have not been able to locate the thread using search.

Any ideas?

If you want offline (no internet connection) then MapMagic do excellent CD maps many are dual language.

My all of Thailand map is invaluable, pretty detailed too :o

Check out your local bookstore.

Guest Reimar
If you want offline (no internet connection) then MapMagic do excellent CD maps many are dual language.

My all of Thailand map is invaluable, pretty detailed too :o

Check out your local bookstore.

3+ year for the Bangkok Map: To OLD!

Cheers.

not on cd but has been on here before,

http://map.longdo.com/longdomap?lat=12.968...0&locale=en

chris

Thanks for that.

The best I've seen, to-date. :o

I just was take a close look at the map (link posted above) and have to say that the map isn't true. Even some of the names of some streets are wrong.

Final, more bad than the Map Magic from 3 years ago!@

Cheers.

How is this one? Looks fairly detailed to me.

http://www.mapguidethailand.com/home/map.php?&l=en

It was featured on the ThinkNet homepage.

Install mapsource and you will be able to import the esri map to your computer.I have thailand streetmaps v8 installed on my computer and it works perfectly in mapsource including poi's waypoints etc..You can make a route on your computer and transfer it to your garmin gps.

Install mapsource and you will be able to import the esri map to your computer.I have thailand streetmaps v8 installed on my computer and it works perfectly in mapsource including poi's waypoints etc..You can make a route on your computer and transfer it to your garmin gps.

I looked at the Think Net Map Magic and besides not being as detailed as the GPS ESRI map, it is too dated.

I do have Map Source installed and have been trying for a long time to get the ESRI map to work on my computer with no luck. What am I doing wrong? Transferring from the GPS doesn't work and there is no import option that I can see in Map Source.

:o:D:D

Are you using the Rotweiler maps? As far as I know the map from ESRI cannot be downloaded from the unit; even when using MapSource.

Edited by moris

Guest Reimar

chris

Thanks for that.

I just was take a close look at the map (link posted above) and have to say that the map isn't true. Even some of the names of some streets are wrong.

Cheers.

This one is more accurate but not detailed enough. Missing of the smaller Soi names and names of Mobaans.

Cheers.

chris

Thanks for that.

Cheers.

This one is more accurate but not detailed enough. Missing of the smaller Soi names and names of Mobaans.

Cheers.

we had some drivers back home couldnt go out without a map, wonder how they got on before maps, my dad used to say if they cant get to where they going how they gonna find the way back?

but my dad was like that!

chris

Thanks for that.

Cheers.

yep a good one i aint seen before

cheers

chris

:o:D:D

Are you using the Rotweiler maps? As far as I know the map from ESRI cannot be downloaded from the unit; even when using MapSource.

I am using Esri thailand streetmaps v8.You need to convert them using gmaptool and cgpsmapper then you can open them in mapsource.

• 8 months later...

Mapsource is the garmin app, should have come with the garmin when you bought it.

If not it is on the garmin site.. Mapsource is of course not much use without the maps. And to be honest mapsource is a truly horrible windows app, stck in the 90s for quality. I wish they would open the interface up (they wont as they are afraid of map theft but its rife anyway) and let people build google earth tools.

Maybe I do have it. my zumo 450 came from the states new. There is a CD, but it appears to be a instruction manual. I will take another look at it. I have the S/E Asia map loaded.

This all being new to me no telling what I am missing in the process, Thank goodness I have until October to learn it.

Edited by ray23

As far as online maps, Google is about as good as they get. Unfortunately with a slow connection, they are all too slow to use.

Use gmapmaker to suck the maps of the Google, Yahoo or MSN map servers and keep them on your hard disc. I do this for PC and Pocket PC mapping on the road. Whilst Google Maps are the best for Thailand by far at the price in both Thai and English (free) I find Yahoo maps easier to download and read on a mobile with the better contrasting colors despite only being in English.

These maps are geo tagged raster images so not searchable however as is online paid version.

Maybe I do have it. my zumo 450 came from the states new. There is a CD, but it appears to be a instruction manual. I will take another look at it. I have the S/E Asia map loaded.

This all being new to me no telling what I am missing in the process, Thank goodness I have until October to learn it.

Turns out I had sitting here all the time. Problem is I have the Thai map in the GPS so when I try to load it, it runs out of room. There is a custom upload. That would solve the probelm but I have no idea which files to keep and which ones not to load. At this point I have get rid of what I have in the GPS now unless I want to find a route in America :o

Everything is backed up on disc. So that part doesn't scare me.

I'm trying a second down load now I deleted a lot of files that haven't been used for years from my documents. But I think the problem is going to be in the GPS memory not the computer we will see.

But in any event I will still have to get rid of the Ameican maps not going to help me much here.

Does anyone know what those files would be listed as? I want to keep the map source capabilty

Edited by ray23