Carrefour Is Stealing Money

basjke

Life is too short to muddle over 54 baht.

This has happened to me several times at large supermarkets like Tesco and Big C.

After I point out the error, I am always given the correct change back...along with a big smile and a wai....Oh, I almost forgot, there's always a "so sorry for mistake." If you believe that last phrase, then I have 10 rai of beach front property for sale in beautiful Na Jomtien for only 54 baht per rai. :o

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I went to carrefour pattaya for shopping and among the items I bought were some bananas wich were priced at 29 baht.At the check out however they charged 54 baht,which I noticed before the total was calculated and notified the cashier.After some discussion they agreed that they priced the item wrong and agreed to correct the price to 29 baht with which I was satisfied.Next a superior to the cashier made a recalled sales bill on which the bananas were charged 29 baht and I paid the grand total.While I was walking to the car I checked the bill again and noticed that instead of correcting the price on the bill they just added the 29 baht to the total.So at that time Carrefour was actually stealing 54 baht from me.I went back to the cashier who called that same superior again and they wanted to give me back 54 baht.However at that time I wasn't satisfied anymore with the practices and asked to speak with the manager.They lead me to the customer service where I spoke with another thai lady and who I aked to getthe item free this time but the only thing they offered was giving me back 54 baht.I told them that by charging me for an item I didn't buy (there were 2 times bananas on the bill ) they had stolen money from me.

They simply said it was a mistake and no further compensation would be made.

I agree the wrong pricing was a mistake but charging for an item which you don't buy is is a criminal offence.

I know this is all about peanuts but it is the principle that counts.

If I was to take an 54 baht item from carrefour without paying for it,carrefour would sure call the police which would result in a police report and probably a courtcase if I won't settle the case.If convicted,even for 54 baht,as a foreigner you will be deported from thailand after a few days in jail.

So that is why I ask your advice for the next steps to take as I take this offence serious because if you take something from carrefour you are in the wrong but they can do it without any consquences.

It's just an honest mistake.

Compare your 54 baht to the millions of shares worth millions of baht transfered to the maids ala you know who, if your case go to the court ,They will rule it as the simpliest mistake.

Cheers and don't let the 54 baht get the better of you. I know it's all based on principle and all, sometimes, we get our blood presure high just for nothing. ( Anyway, he did refund you the money )