Nok Air To Krabi In July

I have a booking to Krabi with Nok Air on July 17 but understand that this service has been suspended and flights are to be provided by Air Asia/ Thai Air instead.

Nok Air website shows no flights scheduled to Krabi for July onwards but I have been unable to contact them to establish just what thier plans are (thats assuming that they have a plan!!).

Has anyone any "real" info on what will happen as regards flights already booked?

Dave

From The Nation, 2 July 2008...

Effective yesterday (1 July), Nok Air cut three domestic routes - Bangkok-Chiang Rai, Bangkok-Ubon Ratchathani and Bangkok-Krabi. It is also considering reducing its 21 flights a week to Phuket.

Affected travellers are being transferred to Thai Airways International and Thai AirAsia.

The domestic route changes followed the cancellation of its international Bangkok-Bangalore and Bangkok-Hanoi flights.

"We're losing money," an airline representative said, who declined to confirm if losses were as high as Bt1 billion as had been reported. The reports have fuelled expectations that the airline would be shut down soon.

You should contact your travel agent or the airline regarding a refund or alternate travel.

I have a booking to Krabi with Nok Air on July 17 but understand that this service has been suspended and flights are to be provided by Air Asia/ Thai Air instead.

Nok Air website shows no flights scheduled to Krabi for July onwards but I have been unable to contact them to establish just what thier plans are (thats assuming that they have a plan!!).

Has anyone any "real" info on what will happen as regards flights already booked?

Dave

Try again!

Have contacted Nok Air re flight to Krabi from DM in July.

You can have your money back or a transfer to an Air Asia flight from Swampy rather than DM.

If you don't contact them "maybe" they will contact you, do you think ?? :o

If you don't contact them "maybe" they will contact you, do you think ??

Don't count on it. They cancelled a flight to Krabi I was booked on last year - dropped the entire service at that time off their schedule, and never even contacted me. I found out through this forum that the service was cancelled. I got on the phone to the call centre - not even an apology.

Don't count on it. They cancelled a flight to Krabi I was booked on last year - dropped the entire service at that time off their schedule, and never even contacted me. I found out through this forum that the service was cancelled. I got on the phone to the call centre - not even an apology.

well, thats typical for customer service here, and typical for a no-frills-airline as well.

on the other hand, all those suspended destinations are still to be found on their website at their booking engine..... they didnt even bother to remove it..... one does not have to wonder that companies with such pathetic attitude and management won't survive in a storm...

• 2 weeks later...

well, thats typical for customer service here, and typical for a no-frills-airline as well.

on the other hand, all those suspended destinations are still to be found on their website at their booking engine..... they didnt even bother to remove it..... one does not have to wonder that companies with such pathetic attitude and management won't survive in a storm...

Nok Air would have called you. And the reason why the suspended destinations are still in the booking engine is because there are flights to/from these destinations for this coming long weekend. With oil at USD145 I think it is understandable that airlines need to cancel flights. And having the option of being transfered to another airline or getting a full refund is fair. If you got a problem with it, talk to Saudi Arabia, not Nok Air...

I remember Nok Air found themselves in a right mess some time last year. Lots of flights cancelled or very delayed. They were trying to contact all bookings, but each case took several phone calls to get sorted, generally speaking. Reasons being; wrong phone number, the passenger was not available to talk, the passenger needed to discuss options offered by Nok Air with the other 7 passengers first, you get the picture. One of my flights was effected also. They cancelled my HKT-DMK flight, and called me about 24 hours before the flight to ask what I wanted to do. So, I picked a new flight (HKT-BKK), and asked them to book another seat on the same flight for the BF. All done in about 7 minutes.

I believe they still remember how they screwed up that time, as they haven't launched any big promotions for a while. Because they wanted to get their performance back on track first. Then this oil thingy now. I've been on a Thai travel webboard where Nok Air have a few employees (one executive) posting. So, I can say their attitude doesn't really stink. If they screw up, they pay. They are under the same rules from Department of Civil Aviation as everyone else.