Taxi Fares To And From Airport.

wilko

taxi fares, cost of fuel etc all would indicate that the standard fares to and from suvarnabhumi are to increase or have already done so.....how much are people paying now?

i think the prices should have gone down when the new airport opened as it is nearer but i guessed there was no chance of that happening.

with it being low season and lots of taxi competition it might be a while yet

I took an official taxi from BKK to pattaya yesterday and got charged 1500THB (was too tired and drunk to stress about it). Took 3hrs as well as I didnt know where my condo building was and neither did the taxi driver.

I took an official taxi from BKK to pattaya yesterday and got charged 1500THB (was too tired and drunk to stress about it). Took 3hrs as well as I didnt know where my condo building was and neither did the taxi driver.

I went from Jomtien to a Bangkok Hotel ,this week (Sukhumvit Soi 3) for 900 Baht. from an Agents at Jomtien.

Picked up by the same company 2 days later for return journey for the same ammount.

Brilliant I think.

I paid the less than 100 baht tolls of course.

Still signs all over Pattaya offering 800/850 Bahts to Airport or Bangkok :o .

Pretty much all taxi's run on LPG, which has only risen very little in the last months (from 9.6 Baht/liter to about 11.1 Baht currently).

LPG is heavily subsidized in Thailand, and they are planning to slowly remove this, so expect price of LPG to go up 50% in the next few months (16-17 Baht/liter).

Only when this starts prices of taxi runs will start to increase.

The government didn't disclose the date of he price rise to keep LPG sellers from hoarding!

Feel a bit guilty now - screwed a taxi driver down to 1,000 Baht for Don Muang to Pattaya.

Conscience kicked in so I tipped him 200.

Not now? - this from the Bangkok Post July 4th...

" Operators of Bangkok's elevated train and subway are looking forward to increased ridership now that taxi fares have risen by an average of 12% per trip. The starting rate for taxis yesterday rose to 35 baht for the first kilometre instead of two kilometres before.

The fares would then be increased to five baht per kilometre for the second to twelfth kilometres, 5.50 baht a kilometre for the 12th to 20th km, six baht a kilometre for the 20th to 40th km, 6.50 baht a kilometre for the 40th to 60th km, 7.50 baht a kilometre for the 60th to 80th km, and 8.50 baht a kilometre beyond that. "

I usually use Cambodia Inter for Taxi's to the airport, and last time I took a trip home, I was charged 800 to the airport (plus tolls) .. I asked him if he could do a return trip and he picked me up 2 weeks later and brought me back to Pattaya for the same price of 800 baht. I know the owner of the shop and also the driver, so I don't know if they will do this deal for anyone else, but It's worth a try!

I don't think the owner of Cambodia Inter knew that the taxi guy had agreed to pick me up to return, though. Probably just extra cash for the driver, so maybe better to ask the taxi guy if you do use their service.

I usually use Cambodia Inter for Taxi's to the airport, and last time I took a trip home, I was charged 800 to the airport (plus tolls) .. I asked him if he could do a return trip and he picked me up 2 weeks later and brought me back to Pattaya for the same price of 800 baht.

When did you take that 800 baht trip?

The OP is trying to determine if there has been any recent increases in fares.

4th July

DMK (Don Muang) to Pattaya was 1200 baht + tolls.

Unfortunately, the taxi needed 'gas' so detoured to the big PTT station at BKK (Suvarnabhumi) where the queue was 45 minutes. Left DMK at 16:20, arrived Naklua 18:45.

PS. Read in the Bangkok Post on the plane that taxis cannot legally claim the higher fares as the entity blessed with reprogramming the meters hasn't been able to complete writing the reprogramming software as they claim that they had not received all 19 types of meter currently in use. Some of that taxi cooperatives did not cooperate and they reckon another 2 weeks before they complete updating all meters.

So, if a taxi driver gets belligerent and demands the new fare, pay him the old fare but give him your address and phone number and tell him to check back in 2 weeks.

Edited by NanLaew

I usually use Cambodia Inter for Taxi's to the airport, and last time I took a trip home, I was charged 800 to the airport (plus tolls) .. I asked him if he could do a return trip and he picked me up 2 weeks later and brought me back to Pattaya for the same price of 800 baht. I know the owner of the shop and also the driver, so I don't know if they will do this deal for anyone else, but It's worth a try!

A few weeks ago.......why?

Because I'll need a taxi to the airport on Monday night. I use Cambodia Inter for visa runs to Cambodia, but I didn't realize they do taxi runs to the airport.

Thanks for the info.

Because I'll need a taxi to the airport on Monday night. I use Cambodia Inter for visa runs to Cambodia, but I didn't realize they do taxi runs to the airport.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, Just ask for Nisan, But if you want a return taxi for the same price, You'de be best asking the taxi guy if he can do a return trip for 800 baht, As I think Nisan charges more.

The fares on meters in Bkk seem to have gone up on July 4th....so really it is CURRENT (04/07/2008 and onwards that have the most value.

fares have always varied so one needs to get a few figures to get an average....perhaps if there are some posts over the next week we might get an idea.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, Just ask for Nisan, But if you want a return taxi for the same price, You'de be best asking the taxi guy if he can do a return trip for 800 baht, As I think Nisan charges more.

Just an update on Cambodia Inter airport drop off and pick up rates.

He charges 800 baht in both directions. An unbeatable price I would think.

Thanks again for the info.