Bus Slams Into Shop Houses After Driver Collapses Behind Wheel

george

Bus slams into shop houses after driver collapses behind wheel

BANGKOK: -- An employee bus slammed into two shop houses in Bangkok early Friday morning after the bus driver collapsed behind the wheel.

Nobody was injured in accident at the mouth of Soi Sriway 2 of Nakhon Chaisri Road in Dusit district. But the driver, Prasit Boonnone, 49, died of his chronic illness on the way to Wachira Hospital.

Police said the accident happened at about 5:45 am.

Police quoted eyewitnesses as saying that the bus was appearing as if it was slowing down to park on the roadside but it instead slammed into the a foods and gas shop which are located next to each other.

The two shops were badly damaged, police said.

-- The Nation 2008-07-04

Wait...what was his 'chronic illness'? Nothing that should barre him from driving heavy traffic one would hope...

THE NATION

A coach slams into houses in Soi Sri Yarn 4 in Dusit district on Friday. No one in the houses was injured. The accident happened after driver of the coach; Prasit Bunnontae, 49, had a heart attack while driving. He was pronounced death at a hospital.

It appears that his "chronic illness" was a heart attack. :o My condolences to his family.

Wait...what was his 'chronic illness'? Nothing that should barre him from driving heavy traffic one would hope...

THE NATION

A coach slams into houses in Soi Sri Yarn 4 in Dusit district on Friday. No one in the houses was injured. The accident happened after driver of the coach; Prasit Bunnontae, 49, had a heart attack while driving. He was pronounced death at a hospital.

It appears that his "chronic illness" was a heart attack. :o My condolences to his family.

Heart attack makes more sense. Thanks for the update. RIP to the driver.

My condolences to the family and friends. There really isn't a whole lot that can be done to prevent this sort of thing from happening. And in some ways I hope they don't, since they will probably make everyone stop driving at 45! That wouldn't be bad, but then we would be stuck with those nutty 20 somethings driving buses!