Changing Tot House Phone Number

wineman

Hi,

I have to change my TOT supplied house phone number because of nuisance calls from my ex wife.

Anyone had any experience of changing their number? How difficult/easy was it, how long did it take, did you lose internet during the change process, etc., etc? Would be grateful to hear.

Hi,

I have to change my TOT supplied house phone number because of nuisance calls from my ex wife.

Anyone had any experience of changing their number? How difficult/easy was it, how long did it take, did you lose internet during the change process, etc., etc? Would be grateful to hear.

I changed a number a year or two back because of poor quality internet and TOT advised me this was the only way to improve it. From memory it took about 3 months before the changeover took place and I lost my internet connection for a day or two at the time the change eventually took place. The reason for the delay in providing the new number was apparently due to no new numbers being available in the area (Nernplubwaan) at the time and having to wait for someone not to pay their bill and have their line disconnected!

I believe TOT requires that the person listed on the house book as the owner of the house and hence the number is the only person that can add/change or request services for a number.

If your ex is the owner then your stuck,,,,,,,,,,,,I like the caller ID thing and the recording idea