Un Issues Warning Of Attacks In Bangkok

Cheeky Farang

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for those people who don't realize, the world has been at war since the 23rd February 1998.

The war is being fought between the followers of Islam and EVERY non-Muslim.

I'm British but I'd ask all those USA and George Bush bashers to ask yourself one question.

Whose side are you on?

Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders

World Islamic Front Statement

23 February 1998

Shaykh Usamah Bin-Muhammad Bin-Ladin

Ayman al-Zawahiri, amir of the Jihad Group in Egypt

Abu-Yasir Rifa'i Ahmad Taha, Egyptian Islamic Group

Shaykh Mir Hamzah, secretary of the Jamiat-ul-Ulema-e-Pakistan

Fazlur Rahman, amir of the Jihad Movement in Bangladesh

Praise be to Allah, who revealed the Book, controls the clouds, defeats factionalism, and says in His Book: "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)"; and peace be upon our Prophet, Muhammad Bin-'Abdallah, who said: I have been sent with the sword between my hands to ensure that no one but Allah is worshipped, Allah who put my livelihood under the shadow of my spear and who inflicts humiliation and scorn on those who disobey my orders.

The Arabian Peninsula has never -- since Allah made it flat, created its desert, and encircled it with seas -- been stormed by any forces like the crusader armies spreading in it like locusts, eating its riches and wiping out its plantations. All this is happening at a time in which nations are attacking Muslims like people fighting over a plate of food. In the light of the grave situation and the lack of support, we and you are obliged to discuss current events, and we should all agree on how to settle the matter.

No one argues today about three facts that are known to everyone; we will list them, in order to remind everyone:

First, for over seven years the United States has been occupying the lands of Islam in the holiest of places, the Arabian Peninsula, plundering its riches, dictating to its rulers, humiliating its people, terrorizing its neighbors, and turning its bases in the Peninsula into a spearhead through which to fight the neighboring Muslim peoples.

If some people have in the past argued about the fact of the occupation, all the people of the Peninsula have now acknowledged it. The best proof of this is the Americans' continuing aggression against the Iraqi people using the Peninsula as a staging post, even though all its rulers are against their territories being used to that end, but they are helpless.

Second, despite the great devastation inflicted on the Iraqi people by the crusader-Zionist alliance, and despite the huge number of those killed, which has exceeded 1 million... despite all this, the Americans are once against trying to repeat the horrific massacres, as though they are not content with the protracted blockade imposed after the ferocious war or the fragmentation and devastation.

So here they come to annihilate what is left of this people and to humiliate their Muslim neighbors.

Third, if the Americans' aims behind these wars are religious and economic, the aim is also to serve the Jews' petty state and divert attention from its occupation of Jerusalem and murder of Muslims there. The best proof of this is their eagerness to destroy Iraq, the strongest neighboring Arab state, and their endeavor to fragment all the states of the region such as Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Sudan into paper statelets and through their disunion and weakness to guarantee Israel's survival and the continuation of the brutal crusade occupation of the Peninsula.

All these crimes and sins committed by the Americans are a clear declaration of war on Allah, his messenger, and Muslims. And ulema have throughout Islamic history unanimously agreed that the jihad is an individual duty if the enemy destroys the Muslim countries. This was revealed by Imam Bin-Qadamah in "Al- Mughni," Imam al-Kisa'i in "Al-Bada'i," al-Qurtubi in his interpretation, and the shaykh of al-Islam in his books, where he said: "As for the fighting to repulse [an enemy], it is aimed at defending sanctity and religion, and it is a duty as agreed [by the ulema]. Nothing is more sacred than belief except repulsing an enemy who is attacking religion and life."

On that basis, and in compliance with Allah's order, we issue the following fatwa to all Muslims:

The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim. This is in accordance with the words of Almighty Allah, "and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together," and "fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah."

This is in addition to the words of Almighty Allah: "And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)? -- women and children, whose cry is: 'Our Lord, rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will help!'"

We -- with Allah's help -- call on every Muslim who believes in Allah and wishes to be rewarded to comply with Allah's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it. We also call on Muslim ulema, leaders, youths, and soldiers to launch the raid on Satan's U.S. troops and the devil's supporters allying with them, and to displace those who are behind them so that they may learn a lesson.

Almighty Allah said: "O ye who believe, give your response to Allah and His Apostle, when He calleth you to that which will give you life. And know that Allah cometh between a man and his heart, and that it is He to whom ye shall all be gathered."

Almighty Allah also says: "O ye who believe, what is the matter with you, that when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling so heavily to the earth! Do ye prefer the life of this world to the hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For Allah hath power over all things."

Almighty Allah also says: "So lose no heart, nor fall into despair. For ye must gain mastery if ye are true in faith."

Listen up folks, Pulo is not targeting general people period, especially foreigners unless they have a direct connection to the government of Thailand. To hit the foreigners will bring a backlash similar like Iraq. Understand. Foreigners of other countries in their meaning is off limits. They are targeting only their own being the police and the military and the funwa senators who like to punch each other out in the parliament.

So what they are saying is this, if you see snickers standing and or getting close to you move out of there pronto lest you might become a target. What they are saying about the buildings, if you want to stand next to a station be it police or military, look again and vamoose yourself out of there or you might be seeing clouds winging it on your next blink. If your in the bar and see the chocolates coming in lol and behold, stop and get out of there. Party someplace else.

That is the meaning of their warning.

Daveyo

Hurry send the U.N. more money. A bunch of over paid worthless bunch if there ever was one. Wouldn't doubt they are the ones stirring the pot. I would more trust

a $600 a month english teacher in Thailand than that bunch. At least the $600 school teacher is not going to get handouts for nothing from hard working civilized tax payers.

I guess they both claim to be gurus on world politics though, so six of one half dozen of the other all the same.

Hurry send the U.N. more money. A bunch of over paid worthless bunch if there ever was one. Wouldn't doubt they are the ones stirring the pot. I would more trust

a $600 a month english teacher in Thailand than that bunch. At least the $600 school teacher is not going to get handouts for nothing from hard working civilized tax payers.

I guess they both claim to be gurus on world politics though, so six of one half dozen of the other all the same.

Have you seen the UN Building in New York!!!! Posh I mean Posh Offices for every one including secretaries. :o

Latest news flow

FM brushes off UN terrorism warning

BANGKOK, Nov 4 (TNA) - Foreign Minister Surakiart Sathirathai today shrugged off a United Nations warning to Thai officials to boost security measures in Bangkok, saying that the warning was 'normal' and did not indicate that Thailand was a terrorism target.

The foreign minister was speaking in response to an email sent by United Nations security chief Russell Redford to over 1,000 UN officials across Thailand which suggested that Muslim insurgents were now setting their sights on an attack on Bangkok in revenge for the death of 85 Muslim protestors at the hands of military officials last week.

But Mr. Surakiart said that the email was the natural reaction of an organization whose personnel had been attacked in the past, and indicated no more than a normal response to an extremely minor threat.

"The UN is merely taking advance responsibility. It is not a declaration that Thailand is not safe, or that Thailand's security measures are no good. Just by coincidence a news agency picked up on this email and published it, making it look as if the UN was warning US citizens. Instead it's perfectly normal that the UN should send letters of warning to its staff in countries where it has offices", he said.

He also dismissed suggestions that Thailand's security measures would be unable to cope with a terrorist threat, saying that the government was confident that its security measures could ensure the safety of diplomats and personnel from international organizations. (TNA)--E006

http://www.mcot.org/query.php?nid=32501

He also dismissed suggestions that Thailand's security measures would be unable to cope with a terrorist threat, saying that the government was confident that its security measures could ensure the safety of diplomats and personnel from international organizations.

What about the Nationals and the Tourists ???????????

He also dismissed suggestions that Thailand's security measures would be unable to cope with a terrorist threat, saying that the government was confident that its security measures could ensure the safety of diplomats and personnel from international organizations.

What about the Nationals and the Tourists ???????????

:o:D:D

Thailand has been a terrorist target for sometime, not just since the recent events in the south.

A few years ago certain nightspots were named in a list found of possible sites for attack..Nana was one of them...Pattaya was listed as a target but no specific target was named, Although Tonys, Marine, Hollywood and a few other places spring to mind as likely targets.

The Thais were well aware of the threats and at the time increased security, this has not decreased since then.

There are possible targets all over the world....So is anywhere safe ????

Probably not....but what the heck....may as well go out having fun.

Thailand has been a terrorist target for sometime, not just since the recent events in the south.

A few years ago certain nightspots were named in a list found of possible sites for attack..Nana was one of them...Pattaya was listed as a target but no specific target was named, Although Tonys, Marine, Hollywood and a few other places spring to mind as likely targets.

The Thais were well aware of the threats and at the time increased security, this has not decreased since then.

Supposedly a government plane was blown up at Don Muang A few years back?? :o

Islam is Peace

cough cough cough

This is just as inaccurate and generalised as saying Islam is evil.

It requires more than the uncritical recitation of slogans to understand what is happening.

Any thoughts on what to make of the Pulo warning in this context?

Religions themselves are rarely evil (though I've pointed out some very disturbing exhortations in the Koran more than once). People who follow religions, now that's a different story. Once a religion becomes your life you lose track of the real world and those around you. The faith is ALL.

Flag wavers are the same as religious fanatics nationalism is a big cause of the worlds problem

UPDATE:

Southern unrest won't spread to Bangkok:Army chief

BANGKOK: -- The spate of unrest in Thailand's deep South is unlikely to spread to Bangkok, the Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Army, Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, has said.

Gen. Prawit told TNA today that he believed the current spate of unrest in Thailand's southern border region would not spread to Bangkok.

"This is because security agencies concerned, led by the National Security Council (NSC), have joined forces integrally to contain the southern unrest", he said.

However, the army chief called for cooperation from local people to inform state authorities in their respective areas of any suspicious acts.

The army chief also expressed his support for a new move of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to encourage more public participation in the government's attempts to quell the spate of southern unrest, which has claimed over 400 lives since the beginning of this year.

-- TNA 2004-11-04

Supposedly a government plane was blown up at Don Muang A few years back?? :o

That was a Thai airways plane that Toxin was supposed to travel on...I believe it was an accident not an attack.....could be wrong tho

UPDATE:

Southern unrest won't spread to Bangkok:Army chief

BANGKOK: --  The spate of unrest in Thailand's deep South is unlikely to spread to Bangkok, the Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Army, Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, has said.

Gen. Prawit told TNA today that he believed the current spate of unrest in Thailand's southern border region would not spread to Bangkok.

"This is because security agencies concerned, led by the National Security Council (NSC), have joined forces integrally to contain the southern unrest", he said.

However, the army chief called for cooperation from local people to inform state authorities in their respective areas of any suspicious acts.

The army chief also expressed his support for a new move of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to encourage more public participation in the government's attempts to quell the spate of southern unrest, which has claimed over 400 lives since the beginning of this year.

-- TNA 2004-11-04

Well, If PM Toxin dismisses the threat, then that must mean surely that there is no threat :o

Regarding my feelings for personal safety, this supposed threat does not bother me. If you weigh this issue against all the other risks of living in Bangkok, or just life in general, this does not rank highly. More particularly, the statement clearly lists government and not foreigners as the potential target for any action. Of course they are trying to scare away foreign visitors; they can do that easily without harming them, and they know that doing so will hit the government where it hurts. Okay, some foreign nationals could get hurt or killed. I’d be very sorry to see this happen but that’s what the Americans call “collateral damage” isn’t it?

Unfortunately for the Thai people, warnings such as those posted on the FCO website (and presumably others) will reduce tourist numbers and strengthen the Thai government’s resolve to suppress any decent coverage of these issues. As an aside, why the FCO gives space to negligible risks from terrorist threats, bird flu, shootings, etc. but ignores major safety issues such as road accidents during Songkran is beyond my comprehension.

I’d like to make it absolutely clear that I have no sympathy for terrorists, but I would like to say that much of what I have read on this web site regarding problems with Islam has been complete and utter rubbish. There have been some noteable exceptions. This is not an “Islam problem” unless you try to make it that way. The government / army treated those protesters atrociously and presumably had a track record or doing so. I was absolutely appalled by the reports of piling detainees five-deep in trucks. It’s about time Thailand treated its citizens with equal and due respect.

BB

Liberals and Islam, to peas in a pod

Nam Kao,

Are you referring to me? As an ardent atheist I would love everyone to share my views on life, the universe, and everything, but I know that will never happen. Equally, I know there will always be morons and bigots such as yourself who will class "liberals" as the dearth of society. It's about time you and your friends wised up to the fact that gunslingers never win the day. Your sort of politics will not help this situation. You've got your President, now please stay at home where you belong.

Have a nice day.

BB

Well here was an idea I just heard in the watering hole. Give them Patani. Give it to them as a free country with no Thai aid whatsoever surrounded by other Thai states. And wait for what, 5 or 10 years? When they quietly crawl back after their entire "nation" collapses around themselves.

According to the evening news, there have been NINE new and separate murders in the South within the last 24 hours, including two policemen and two Buddhist monks.

So much for containment, General Prawit.

Hmm, I wonder if I'll make my visa run next week by public transport to the Malay border, dropping in to see a friend in Narathiwat, or whether it would be wiser to go elsewhere at the present situation.

Stroll, its safe, no worries mate, let us know how it goes :o

If you are in the above mentioned provinces, we advice

you to avoide policestations, music conserts, cafes, bars,

nightclubs, railway stations and airports.

After the massacre in Tak Bai, Narathiwat, Thai policemen

and military officers are the main and only targets of

the peole attacks.

Be informed that the coming operations are targetting for

Thai policemen and soldiers only.

Interesting..

These seem to be natural venues for policemen and military officers to visit

en masse.

Should it get the least ugly then im sure these thugz will be dealt with swiftly.

This is not Ireland. The 80 or so killed during the riots was just foreplay.

/NoBuzz

Thanks, I am sure you have a deep and differentiated understanding here, Nam Kao, specially after reading your favorite President's comments :

THE PRESIDENT, 9/17:    the American people were appalled and outraged at last Tuesday's attacks.  And so were Muslims all across the world.  Both Americans and Muslim friends and citizens, tax-paying citizens, and Muslims in nations were just appalled and could not believe what we saw on our TV screens.

These acts of violence against innocents violate the fundamental tenets of the Islamic faith.  And it's important for my fellow Americans to understand that.

The English translation is not as eloquent as the original Arabic, but let me quote from the Koran, itself:  In the long run, evil in the extreme will be the end of those who do evil.  For that they rejected the signs of Allah and held them up to ridicule.

The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam.  That's not what Islam is all about.  Islam is peace.  These terrorists don't represent peace.  They represent evil and war.

When we think of Islam we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world.  Billions of people find comfort and solace and peace.  And that's made brothers and sisters out of every race -- out of every race.

Was he just making a speech to 'appease' the enemy in the early days of his campaign?

Anyway, I'll let you know how my trip was, if I still have a head with functional lips at my command afterwards. :o:D