Any Small Shops For Rent In Pattaya?

joeyb

I am moving to Thailand next year to open a small business. I originally wanted (and may still) open in Koh Samui. But, after some long talks and helpful advice from some great people, I might try Pattaya instead. Pattaya has a number of advantages over Koh Samui. But I didn't see alot of shops for rent when I've been there. Are there many properties for rent in a half-way decent location? I'm just looking for something small to start. There are tons of places on KS, but I'd really like to try Pattaya. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

There are always many places available for rent - but not necessarily in the best locations. Research your market first. If it's tourist stuff - open in October, not March.

Work permit? Own business? (you need to form a company with Thai directors, etc.)

Contact Sunbelt / Evans marketing or similar B2B organisations that will cover all your needs.

Do not go into any such venture without full research - in Thailand you may easily get burned.

Depending on your type of business , if it requires a lot of foot traffic make sure you got a great location & even at that businesses come & go as quick as they open. And even though you might make money at it that does not mean it will be worth it.

I opened up a beauty salon in soi kaoh Talo very good location.. only 4000 baht a month & we made money but my girl worked 15 hrs a day to make 8000- 9000 baht a month hardly worth the effort. It would be considered by Thais as a decent business.

Stay away from bars, Put your money in a 1% interest in a bank & you will make more. Pending on what your business is Keep your rose colored glasses off & be realistic on your expectations & you should be alright. I doubt few would agree that Thailand is a lucrative place to open a business. whatever you do keep your initial investment as low as you can so if it does not workout in the end you won't feel slighted!

Good luck on your venture.

Edited by Beardog

I opened up a beauty salon in soi kaoh Talo very good location.. only 4000 baht a month & we made money but my girl worked 15 hrs a day to make 8000- 9000 baht a month hardly worth the effort. It would be considered by Thais as a decent business.

That is indeed not a big return considering the time spent.

But I agree, I doubt that many small shops are doing better.

As for bars, I frequent them, but I would not consider to start one. Looking at the beer prices in 7/11 and for what they sell in the bars, there is not much money to be made.

I will need some "foot traffic", but not necessarily a need to be on Beach Rd or anything. My products generally sell themselves and I will also have internet sales of equal or greater than the shop sales. My main concern is finding something reasonable (10-25k baht per month) without getting raped on "key money" which I'm really trying to avoid. I'd rather set-up on KS, but the sheer numbers of tourist money in Pattaya is hard to pass up. The earning potential in Patts is far greater than my "rosiest" picture on KS.

I've found numerous sites offering condo/house rental and sales, but haven't seen anything with commercial rentals. Any help would be great.

If you do a gogle search on Pattaya Estate agents you will find hundreds of shop houses, also a number of people are selling up after two years of bad low season and not much brighter on the horizon so think carefully. You might pick up a bargain but whether the tourist will be there in the forseeable future is anyones guess.

I will need some "foot traffic", but not necessarily a need to be on Beach Rd or anything. My products generally sell themselves and I will also have internet sales of equal or greater than the shop sales. My main concern is finding something reasonable (10-25k baht per month) without getting raped on "key money" which I'm really trying to avoid. I'd rather set-up on KS, but the sheer numbers of tourist money in Pattaya is hard to pass up. The earning potential in Patts is far greater than my "rosiest" picture on KS.

I've found numerous sites offering condo/house rental and sales, but haven't seen anything with commercial rentals. Any help would be great.

I have brand new 3 storey 16m x 4m shop house on Chaiyapruek 2, 18k a month and no key money if you are interested PM me.

The shopping malls, have small kiosks, the ones in Royal Garden (ground floor) have decent traffic. prices from what i heard, is somthing like 15.000 baht a month, + 100.000 for six months..?

If your product is small, thats your best bet. and open somewhere in a small soi a shophouse for stock

Wow, thanks guy's for the fast and valuable info. It someplace to start. I'm swamped at work til the weekend, but then I'll have more time to look at all options and get back to few of you.

This board is much more helpful and without all the infighting of the Samui board.

One last question: Is key money as widespread in Pattaya as it is on Samui? I really hate this stuff.

Theres a new shopping centre called The village opening in September. This could be ideal for you.

I have info if you want to PM me.

Cheers

HoJo

Is that the one on Sukhumvit by soi Chaiyaphruek ? .If so that's really in an isolated location .

Theres a new shopping centre called The village opening in September. This could be ideal for you.

I have info if you want to PM me.

Cheers

HoJo

Is that the one on Sukhumvit by soi Chaiyaphruek ? .If so that's really in an isolated location .

Yes that is it, they advertise from 12,000 bhat, but that is for a miniscule unit plus some rather high fees, as for being isolated - not true, if you go to that area and up Chaiyapruek 2 around late afternoon time, there is more people around there than walking street on new years eve!!!! And that is every day!!

there is truckloads of commercial property to rent, 95% of it are for rent by private owners who only have a small sign outside, best bet is to spend a few days on a scooter with a thai girl to talk to the owners, just go around look for phone numbers on doors or on little signs and get her to call them and ask how much. there really is heaps around, in my opinion there's an overstock of property.

dont shy away from a 3-4 floor high building, put some beds etc upstairs and offer cheap accommodation to your staff, will keep them on time, accountable and costs down.

I checked out some of the shophouse listings in Pattaya and I was really surprised at the quality available and at some very reasonable prices too! Compared to what I saw on Samui, Pattaya is the hands down winner. Very few wanting key money and most were 3 or 4 story. It will just be a matter of finding that compromise between location and price when I get there. But, I was very impressed. I guess it's down to the sheer numbers available and lack of potential renters. But, after maybe an hour of browsing, I am definately going to choose Pattaya over Samui. Most of the listings a saw were palacial compared to the tiny cramped (and over-priced) Samui listings.

Thanks again guys.