Trip To Cambodia

stevle

Good morning all,

On my next visa run I am thinking of staying over in Cambodia for approx. 3 weeks .

Up to now , my only experience of Cambodia has been an organised visa run with no stay over.

I am based in Pattaya and would appreciate any feed back on the best way - using public transport- to actually get into Cambodia, and also any recommendations as to the best places to visit once I am there.

Regards

Stevle

Cheap ticket to Phnom Penh on Air Asia. It is low low season so just get a room at a guest house or the Intercon $5 to $250 when you get there. Phnom Penh is just like Pattaya without go-go bars. Lots of criminal element, alcohol, drugs and bars. Take enough US Dollars from Thailand for your trip. They do have ATM's now but the fees are prohibitive. Traffic is worse than walking street during Cobra Gold. Moto taxis are the only way go get around town. $1 per trip includes the tip. Save $25 for the exit fee at the airport and you need $20 for the visa on arrival. Bring a photo for this purpose. Have fun.

Flying into Phnom Penh is by far the best way. Wouldn't advise staying in PP for the full three weeks though. Why not visit Siem Reap or Sihanoukville?

Angkor Wat is worth a day out to photograph and the beaches of Sihanoukville put Patt's to shame. There's also 28 (roughly) Islands off the coast that allow overnight trips.

Plenty of girls and bars in Sihanoukville too, very little hassle and a genuine laid back feel to the place.

Flying into Phnom Penh is by far the best way. Wouldn't advise staying in PP for the full three weeks though. Why not visit Siem Reap or Sihanoukville?

Angkor Wat is worth a day out to photograph and the beaches of Sihanoukville put Patt's to shame. There's also 28 (roughly) Islands off the coast that allow overnight trips.

Plenty of girls and bars in Sihanoukville too, very little hassle and a genuine laid back feel to the place.

Thanks for this post thai121 !

PP sounds good for a stop,Snookie even better..u mean no garbage floating or

doodoos in the beaches? girls and bars...good.How about internet in Sihanoukville?

mel2surf

I took a bus ride into PP.... decided I would never do that again. Flying is the only way from now on!

Bring lots of low bills because you are going to see poverty at a whole new level, and you may be inclined to hand out some dollars here and there. I found if you gave them food or used plastic water bottles they were just as happy.

I did not attend bars etc, so I can not comment on that.

Why travel that far, Poipet is lovely this time of year and has lots to see and do. It's a fascinating & charming gem of a town and I recommend a lengthy stay, if only to soak up the culture :o

Yeah, rite, beautiful pot holes, dusty broken down shacks......... so rustic.

Did you find another , POIPET......... ?

PMPL

Must agree about travel.

Do the Arun - Poi Pet thing, go to Siem Reap for Ankor Wat.

Get boat to Phnom Phen , great trip, well worth it.

It depends what you want really, i didnt like pp at first, now i love it, its a great night out there ( in my opinion ) manahtten is mad !,...i have flown down, driven down and rode my off road bike down countless times, if you are not an off roader fly,.food along the front /riverside is very varied, i have never liked khymer food and ill eat anything !,..you can get a decent room for $30 or for $60 you can stay at the phnom penh hotel, superb,. have a good trip,.

post-41326-1215525339_thumb.jpg