Problem Loading Tv Home Page With Opera

doctormann

Hi

I think that something similar to this problem may have occurred before but I can't find the answer by searching.

Problem: when I try to load www.thaivisa.com/, under Opera 9.50, I get an error message that says something about an encoding error. Apparently the page header is encoded differently to the page content - it says.

I don't get this problem if I use IE7.

www.thaivisa.com/forum/ loads OK under both browsers.

A colleague, running Opera 9.51 has the same problem. We're both running WINXP - don't know if this is relevant.

This is not a big issue for me as I normally go straight to the forum anyway but it does seem to indicate an incompatibility between TV and Opera. Anyone else notice this problem? Anyone know how to sort it?

DM

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, I get this error trying the homepage with Opera, no issue with IE of FFox :-

Content Encoding Error (content_encoding_error)

Server response could not be decoded using encoding type returned by server.

This is typically caused by a Web Site presenting a content encoding header of one type, and then encoding the data differently.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Your request was categorized by SmartFilter as 'Travel'.

If you wish to question or dispute this result, please click here.

The highlighted link takes me to this page http://www.securecomputing.com/sfwhere/ind...w.thaivisa.com/

If it matters my ISP is KSC, looks like they're using an application from Securecomputing, this could explain some caching issues I've been having recently too :o

Edited by Crossy

Guest Reimar

Opera isn't fully compatible at the Invision Board Software. I can run it and also post but I'm not able to write a PM, the text isn't recognized.

Cheers.