Which Plane Do You Prefer?

divndave

Prefer the Airbus A340 range myself.

Features such as leg room, entertainment systems etc etc are not aircraft type dependant. That's just down to airline policy and pricing structure.

When it comes to cabin noise however and passenger support such as air temp and humidity control, airbus has the edge IMO.

There are several night flights on Cathay from Hong Kong to London, I will always take the one that's half an hour later on the basis that it's an Airbus. Much more comfortable for the 13 hour flight.

I'm with Flummoxed on this one ........... for long haul, Airbus A340's have got 747's beaten hands down when it comes to noise (less of), and cabin space / comfort (more of), but then it is an at least 30 years newer design.

Choice of airline and the age / spec of their respective fleets is different .......... IMHO a Thai Airways Airbus is generally not as comfy as a Singapore Airlines Boeing.

For what it's worth, my favourite / most used airlines are Singapore, Cathay or Qantas (depends on where I'm going).

A340 for me aswell, was upgraded from business to first once, the most comfortable flight I have ever taken  :D   In general though there is more room/ less noise...

It is a bit hard to get a bad first class seat :D

I Like Planes that stay in the air and not loaded with terrorist's :D My fav is a 747 On the way to thailand it's a good ride but coming back from Thailand Feel like your on a roller coaster :o

Asking what plane you feel is more comfotable is pointless. It all depends on the airline's configeration layout of seating. Every airline has different needs as to the passenger numbers expected on certain routes.

Thai 747 / 400 is a totally different layout from EVA 747 / 400 etc

Thai do do have in-seat video, EVA does.

( I think the Thai Planes are the LX models, whereas Singapore etc are Ghia based )

Asking what plane you feel is more comfotable is pointless.  It all depends on the airline's configeration layout of seating. Every airline has different needs as to the passenger numbers expected on certain routes.

Thai 747 / 400 is a totally different layout from EVA 747 / 400 etc

Thai do do have in-seat video, EVA does.

( I think the Thai Planes are the LX models, whereas Singapore etc are Ghia based )

Eygpt air = L models

Lufthansa = GL

The new 777 series and business class please

Explorer  :o

I have to agree with that . Quiet , big , new and only two seats together . Safer too.

Also have to agree with Dave . I cant stand screaming kids on a airplane . The flight is long enough. There should be flights for people with kids only .

QUOTE(Explorer @ 2004-11-04 05:11:31)

The new 777 series and business class please

Explorer

I have to agree with that . Quiet , big , new and only two seats together . Safer too.

Why do you consider the 777 safer? Nothing against them - its a modern design and I fly on them a lot for regional trips. But if I'm going long haul I always prefer 4 engines! I guess BKK - LHR would actually be OK because it's mainly overland. Some years back twin engine aircraft weren't allowed to fly trans-Pacific. I think it would still make me nervous today. :o although I know quite a few airlines are using them for long haul because they're very fuel efficient