Tourist Visa Advice For Uk Please.

Ok firstly, any help would be gratefull, and thanks for reading this. I will try keep it just to important details and not bore it out too long.

About me, im 25 from Uk, im fairly new to this world of immigration, and what is needed for the application.

Basically now I have a GF who is of Thai Nationallity, but is currently living and working in Hong Kong. (Approx 4 years now).

We met 8 months ago (by accident on Facebook) (embarrassing bit out the way) and after talking to her everyday from then we got on really well, so i decided to go out to HK to visit her. So in April I did, we got on great, went, to Thailand for 1 week and stayed in HK for 2 weeks. Anyway, enough of that stuff, I have asked her now if she would come to the Uk to visit me, before i go back out there again to see her, so she can see where I live, my family, friends, etc just the way of life in UK. Which after i said it doesnt get that cold here, she agreed that she would like to come here, and we talking maybe only 2 weeks.

Now the complicated bit for me, I'm aware of the problems surrounding Thai Nationals and problems with Visa's so this is me asking for advice.

I said to her that I would be happy to put that she is visiting me on her application, She didnt seem to keen on this and said she would prefer to leave me off the application as she did not want me to have to have problems and having to show my finances etc. She said she would get her Aunty to I presume Sponser her (Aunty is her employer in HK) and for her to Visit for two weeks on a tourist 6 month Visa.

So the question im asking, is would this stand a good chance of being approved or would it be better for her to say she is coming to see me? We are aware that there are Fiance'e spouse visa's but we dont want that, and we dont want to have to even think about Marriage for the sake of a Visa, we kind of would want to do that in the future "the proper way" and that is if we decided we wanted to stay together.

I just want to know the best way for her to apply for a Visa, I dont want a Refusal Stamp issued to her to bring her problems in the future, (if this happens i dont know).

Also can she apply at the Embassy in Hong Kong, or would she have to go Thailand.?

Would it be problem, if that if she does put me down, that who she is going to Visit, is it a problem I am younger then her, and they will take it seriously? She is 29 im 25.

The plan is for her just to come here for 2 week vacation, (she will go back to HK, I will make her, because i dont like it here anymore either! and she will only moan its cold! :o ) and if all goes well then maybe one day we will marry and settle down if we are happy with eachother still in the future, and settle down, be it UK or Thai.

I just find it sad in situations like this, you feel you have to plan so far ahead in relationships purely because 2 people are from different countrys, and have different National Passports, but there we go. We didnt go out looking for this, it has just happened and just hope it works out for us both.

Sorry if my questions are quite straight forward, but we all have to start somewhere in learning :D

Hoping someone can help me out.

If i have missed any details that could be important, i will be happy to answer them just to get some good accurate information to help,

Thanks again.

I presume that your g/f has some form of residence permit and work authority for Hong Kong, in which case she can apply at the Consulate-General there, although she will need to complete an on-line form and book an appointment for the submission of documents.

Failing to mention you in the application could be construed as failure to declare a material fact. Indeed, the application form specifically asks the visa applicant whether they know anyone in the UK: to tick "no" would be a downright lie and could lead to your g/f's visa being refused without further consideration.

Two weeks is a reasonable length of time for which to visit and this will enhance your g/f's credibility. Furthermore, as she is in employment in Hong Kong, she should be able to substantiate this, which is a positive indication by itself that she intends to leave the UK at the end of her holiday. In addition to evidence of your/your g/f's ability to pay for the trip, you will need to show that you have somewhere for her to stay in the UK and also provide evidence of your relationship.

Scouse.

Thanks for the quick reply and information,

I understand what you saying, but for her saying she knows me and our relationship, would that require alot more interrigation (sp), Im fully aware of what goes on in the world, and people "falling in love" from 1 msn conversation but this is far from that.

Also she wants to pay for the whole trip herself, and will not accept anything from me, that why I think she wanted me not to be on the form, and we all know the stereo typing that goes on, when the words Thai girl Uk man are mentioned in the same sentance.

I like everyone, just wants this to go as smoothly and as trouble free as possible, so I can show her round the UK like she show me Hk and Thai.

But starting to think maybe just easier to go there again, to save her this hassle.

What are the requirements of being a sponser? Or what is classed as having enough finances. ??

If she were to put me down on the application obviously I can provide somewhere for her to stay, so there is no problem there.

But a Thai women travellling alone to UK on a tourist Visa, what are the success rates on that one??

Also, (sorry for all these questions) are applicants expected to purchase the travel ticket before application to prove a return ticket for the duration has been purchased, or can that be a condition of visa?

Approved providing a two week return ticket can be shown??

Cheers

EL

Don't purchase a ticket prior to the visa being issued because if the visa is refused the ticket money might not be refunded.

If your girlfriend wishes to pay for the trip herself, that's fine, and she will have to demonstrate her ability to do so: evidence of her employment, income, and savings. However, the point is that she must declare that she knows you, as failure to do so constitutes lying. Should she be found out, there's no way on earth she'd ever get a visa in the foreseeable future.

I really don't see what the big problem is about saying that she's visiting you. Indeed, if she were to simply present herself as wanting to visit the UK for 2 weeks to see Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London, she'd be more likely to be refused because the visit would lack a credible purpose. In informing the visa officer of your presence and relationship, the purpose of the visit will be more believable.

Scouse.

Don't purchase a ticket prior to the visa being issued because if the visa is refused the ticket money might not be refunded.

Understood, that makes to me common sense, but what i have learnt so far in this epic hassle, that common sense isn't allways the answer

If your girlfriend wishes to pay for the trip herself, that's fine, and she will have to demonstrate her ability to do so: evidence of her employment, income, and savings.

What would be a target figure they look for do you know? Obviously if she mentions me, she can stay in my appartment no problem, and would cost her nothing.

However, the point is that she must declare that she knows you, as failure to do so constitutes lying. Should she be found out, there's no way on earth she'd ever get a visa in the foreseeable future.

I appreciate what your saying on this one, if she did say she is only coming to see me in UK, would that still be classed as a tourist visa?, we are not engaged, and dont want to marry, (well not yet).

Also what would I have to do, to back this up to verify I know her, and happy for her to stay with me?, would I need to provide financial info, if she is allready paying for herself. (no accomodation cost to her)

If your g/f wishes to pay for the trip herself, she has to demonstrate that she has the ability to do so. If she's to stay with you, you need to show that you can provide a roof over her head. The visa officer will also expect to see that the relationship is genuine and subsisting, so you will need to provide evidence of your relationship, e.g. letters, e-mails, greetings cards, telephone bills, etc.: basically anything that demonstrates the two of you to be together and to have been for the length of time you claim. It is a visit visa for which your g/f will apply.

Scouse.