Eye Doctor

girlx

i need to see a good eye doctor- been having lots of problems lately with vision blurring and infected eyes etc. i went to an opthamologist at BNH but he just held up an eye chart and said can you see this? you're fine. didn't even bother looking at my eyes. any better ideas? i have heard about rutnin eye hospital is it expensive? any doctors people can recommend?

i need to see a good eye doctor- been having lots of problems lately with vision blurring and infected eyes etc. i went to an opthamologist at BNH but he just held up an eye chart and said can you see this? you're fine. didn't even bother looking at my eyes. any better ideas? i have heard about rutnin eye hospital is it expensive? any doctors people can recommend?

Hi

Sorry can't help you with any doctor/hospital recommendations, but my father who was an optician always made me rinse my eyes with just plain warm water with salt dissolved in it whenever I had an infection.

Good luck

TBWG :o

Edited by TBWG

I have used Dr.Rungruang Chaloeyjitkul at Vejthani for several years and she seems to be very careful to get it right.

I do use Rutnin for special 6 month tests and consider there fee to be reasonable but don't know any specific doctors there.

As said a hot face cloth on eyes for about 5 minutes in the morning, or when irritated, can work wonders.

Go to Ramkamheng Hospital - near Bang Capi and ask for Dr Sunan - trained in America - very good Eng First class. I have had 2 detached retina operations - ughh. Should workout half the cost of going to Bangkok Hospital or Bumrungrad.

As a matter of information there is a dedicated eye hospital in Bkk - very expensive but good. I think its near Asok Sky station.

Good luck

I highly recommend Rutnin Eye Hospital. You can walk to it in 10-15 mnutes from the Asok BTS or Sukhumvit MRT stations.

I have had routine eye exams there several times and they are very thorough, much more so than my health plan in the US. The cost of a recent full eye exam was 1100 baht. Plan on spending at least two hours at the hosp for your exams and consultation with the doctor. The one I had spoke excellent English.

The Queen of TH was operated at Rutnin for her eye problems last year.

They have a website with doctors listed, a facility to email questions, setup appts, view maps, etc. www.Rutnin.com

beware you have to make an appointment for rutnin in advance :o i found that out after having to trek there down asoke in the rain today when my taxi dropped me off in the middle of nowhere because he didn't want to get stuck in a traffic jam, argh. never had to make an appointment at a hospital before but ok.

beware you have to make an appointment for rutnin in advance :o i found that out after having to trek there down asoke in the rain today when my taxi dropped me off in the middle of nowhere because he didn't want to get stuck in a traffic jam, argh. never had to make an appointment at a hospital before but ok.

Negatron, Rutnin takes walk in customers for checkups.  For treatment an appointment is usually required.  I've been a customer there for about 12 years now, cataracts in both eyes, glaucoma both eyes, still typing away and not in Braille.

Mac

well they wouldn't take me yesterday, i had to come back today. it was ok- i was surprised they don't use more modern machines to test vision though, they still use those glasses that they drop lenses into! i guess it gets the job done though. turns out i am allergic to my contacts and need to start wearing glasses. :o also my prescription has gotten a lot worse! -8.25!

Negatron, Rutnin takes walk in customers for checkups.  For treatment an appointment is usually required.  I've been a customer there for about 12 years now, cataracts in both eyes, glaucoma both eyes, still typing away and not in Braille.

Mac

Spot on with Rutnin. This is where we take our daughter. We want nothing but the best for her.