Silver Bullion 99.99%

"mika255

Posted 2011-12-09 23:30:57

snapback.pngmazd2, on 2011-11-23 23:05:39, said:

Does anybody know where to buy silver and gold bullion coins/bars in thailand, or even seasia?

Together with my Thai partner we are making Silver jewelry.

We buy Silver pellets per kilo in BKK and we also make 500 gram bars of it to invest in this precious metal.

Our Silver bullions are 99.99 % pure Silver and stamped.

If you are looking for some Silver bars you can contact me. "

I was buying from a local Chiangmai silversmith that melted the ingots and stamped it same as you...but then they got flakey and started overcharging. I imagine, I cannot say 100%, that with the dozens and dozens of silversmiths in Chiangmai, that if I could speak Thai, I could find other silversmiths that would do same.

But I am very interested in contacting you, discussing purchasing the 500 Gram bars, and possibly other business.

How do I contact you?

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Together with my Thai partner we are making Silver jewelry.

We buy Silver pellets per kilo in BKK and we also make 500 gram bars of it to invest in this precious metal.

Our Silver bullions are 99.99 % pure Silver and stamped.

If you are looking for some Silver bars you can contact me.

Please call me i want to buy them. +60172151417, Magen from Malaysia

• 2 months later...

OK VIBE my experience is that not only do silver coins coming into Thailand attract a 7% VAT but also litigation fines from Thai customs who call US silver dollar coins collectables can make the transaction a total financial disaster. What does someone tell Thai customs to have this silver currency come in duty free?

• 1 month later...

I want to warn anyone about using FedEx as their deliverer/carrier.

Also warnings about the company who you buy from, &/or who ship your purchase. I purchased US silver 1 dollar coins from a company in the USA called www.goldsilver.com who shipped my silver to Thailand with FedEx. According to FedEx Thailand, Gold & Silver Inc as they are known, filled in the customs declaration documentation incorrectly. FedEx are saying that the declaration just stated the silver as bullion. I do believe in what VIBE says, in that US silver 1$ coins are legal tender and attract no fees, so if Gold & Silver Inc had stated silver coins then maybe things would have been fine. I was originally billed 7% VAT when my shipment arrived in Thailand & had delivery arranged for me to pay 7% VAT by C.O.D. Then just before delivery, FedEx Thailand email me, saying that Thai customs suppression officers are holding my shipment due to the customs declaration breach & are wanting 20% duty + 2 x 20% for a fine for a customs breach, as well as the 7% VAT, totalling 67% & fees in charges. I am refusing to pay this rate because it was not me who filled in the declaration but the company who I purchased from. As a result my shipment is stuck & I have not received what I paid for. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get out of this mess, as I feel like I am the meat in the sandwich here.

unfortunately the "legal tender" tale is a fairy tale in the real world. that applies to any minted precious metal coin which is considered by all authorities as "bullion" precious metal content is 90% or more.

unfortunately the "legal tender" tale is a fairy tale in the real world. that applies to any minted precious metal coin which is considered by all authorities as "bullion" precious metal content is 90% or more.

but i wonder if a purse full of sovereigns amongst other normal coins would be at all distinguishable or get a second look on an x ray airport scanner.

but i wonder if a purse full of sovereigns amongst other normal coins would be at all distinguishable or get a second look on an x ray airport scanner.

gold or silver coins may or may not be detected, but that's irrelevant. it's the principle that is discussed.

gold or silver coins may or may not be detected, but that's irrelevant. it's the principle that is discussed.

I just spoke to the "guernsey mint" . They said they send silver coins world wide with a customs commodity code stating legal tender. I asked specifically about the for send to UK and they say can not garrantee but mostly legal tender coin is considered exempt from tax.

I just spoke to the "guernsey mint" . They said they send silver coins world wide with a customs commodity code stating legal tender. I asked specifically about the for send to UK and they say can not garrantee but mostly legal tender coin is considered exempt from tax.

"no guarantee but mostly" is no information. in Europe a number of legal tender fairy tale believers are caught because they think with "Double Eagles" and similar coins, worth a multiple of their nominal value, they can trick the custom/taxman when repatriating money converted to gold coins from Switzerland to their home countries and therefore do not have to report if the metal value is below the €UR 10k threshold.

fact: German customs confiscate 40% of the actual but not reported value as a fine, French customs are even more rigid, 50% penalty and a court case!

This is great news mccw thank you for this post, sorry Naaam. I already had an agreement with the carrier to deliver for 7% VAT by C.O.D.now I am being told that they have re-classified the shipment, how can you re-classfy legal tender???. I don't even have to pay 7% as legal tender is legal tender. It's like being asked to pay tax on the cash you have in your pocket, sorry, that's not on. I have contacted my supplier to sort this mess out now, as the carrier have been holding my goods for 7 months

Read my post naam

They declare it as legal tender commodity. If they decide you must pay VAT then maybe you must pay it but since it is declared there could not be any confiscation or fine! So worst case you pay the same as what it would cost in uk anyway , best case and you save 20%.

Regarding gold, there is no tax on bullion in UK so no issue at all whether coin or bar coming in to the county. I don't see why Thailand would be any different other than maybe some corrupt customs agent trying to extort some money

Read my post naam

They declare it as legal tender commodity. If they decide you must pay VAT then maybe you must pay it but since it is declared there could not be any confiscation or fine! So worst case you pay the same as what it would cost in uk anyway , best case and you save 20%.

read my post. i was talking about actual market value, continental €URope and how authorities there treat "legal tender". TV-member "Groove" should report facts when he has his AG coins without paying any import duty or VAT. until now it's only assumptions and fiction except these facts

just before delivery, FedEx Thailand email me, saying that Thai customs suppression officers are holding my shipment due to the customs declaration breach & are wanting 20% duty + 2 x 20% for a fine for a customs breach, as well as the 7% VAT, totalling 67% & fees in charges

So I am a TV member eh? Naam. The facts here are that the carrier &/or customs have changed their story to both myself and the shipper so many times. Corruption knows no bounds, it just wants money & it's money that the confiscators & extorters are not entitled to in a system that is rotten to the core. Sounds like you agree with a system that is rotten to the core Naam. I won't and never will accept injustice. There is a saying that "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty", so keep backing corruption and you'll go down with it

So I am a TV member eh? Naam. The facts here are that the carrier &/or customs have changed their story to both myself and the shipper so many times. Corruption knows no bounds, it just wants money & it's money that the confiscators & extorters are not entitled to in a system that is rotten to the core. Sounds like you agree with a system that is rotten to the core Naam. I won't and never will accept injustice. There is a saying that "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty", so keep backing corruption and you'll go down with it

what little people, like you and me, agree or accept is of no consequence. you want to "rebel" and fight the Thai customs authority with your personal interpretation of local laws and regulations? i wish you good luck Señor Don Quijote de la Mancha y Groove! wink.png

a (rather rhetoric) question: what makes you think that i agree with a system that is rotten to the core? which part of my posting "sounded" like this?

Regarding gold, there is no tax on bullion in UK so no issue at all whether coin or bar coming in to the county. I don't see why Thailand would be any different other than maybe some corrupt customs agent trying to extort some money

yeah right! fog in Manchester in november means fog in Chiang Mai too. people speak English in Stratford-on-Avon means that people in Nakhon Nowhere speak English too.

]Gold bullion. Moreover it must be declared on arrival and can, if no import licence is available, be left in Customs bond at the airport of entry to be retrieved on departure.[/b]

http://www.iatatrave...ons-details.htm

Read my post naam

read my post. i was talking about actual market value, continental €URope and how authorities there treat "legal tender". TV-member "Groove" should report facts when he has his AG coins without paying any import duty or VAT. until now it's only assumptions and fiction except these facts

just before delivery, FedEx Thailand email me, saying that Thai customs suppression officers are holding my shipment due to the customs declaration breach & are wanting 20% duty + 2 x 20% for a fine for a customs breach, as well as the 7% VAT, totalling 67% & fees in charges

(I didn't read all posts. I just input my info to wich you replied, hence my reply to reply)

Too many grey areas in Thailand for western people to have any confidence in doing business with the natives &/or to take them seriously, yes basically they just make the law up to suit themselves as they go along. The police seem to have to be paid in order for them to act, yes life is very cheap. Many people die even, including falang, but it seems that if money doesn't talk, then nothing gets done. Yes they can seize whatever they like so why should anyone even bother to do anything in this country. One can't even guarantee geting paid if they buy insurance

Too many grey areas in Thailand for western people to have any confidence in doing business with the natives &/or to take them seriously, yes basically they just make the law up to suit themselves as they go along. The police seem to have to be paid in order for them to act, yes life is very cheap. Many people die even, including falang, but it seems that if money doesn't talk, then nothing gets done. Yes they can seize whatever they like so why should anyone even bother to do anything in this country. One can't even guarantee geting paid if they buy insurance

UK insurance never wants to pay me either.

I had a business in Thailand and found the lack of regulation to be a real plus. UK is ridiculas.