University Uniforms In Thailand, What's Ur Opinion?

Chestnut

Hi There,

Gotta do a project for Uni. So here I am asking for your opinion about Uniforms in Thailand (for University :D).

Would be nice to get some Opinions.

Just like how you like them?

Do you think they are too short (the skirts of some girls) or maybe not short enough? :D

Do you think they are nessassary or they just should be abolished (as young students should be aware of how to

dress politely in a university)?

Is there a sense of Unity or... not really?

If you are (or were) a student, do u like or not like ur uniform and why? :o

If u want just rant on :D

Thanks!

My personal choice is the tightest white blouse with the shortest tight blue skirt. High heels complete the look. The problem as I see it is if there :o are boys going to the school they would not actively participate in academics. The girls would be a pure distraction. Remembering back a few decades, if the girls had been dressed like some dress here I would have ended up flipping burgers or worse, becoming an English teacher in Thailand.

They are silly (but yes look great). Universities are supposed to incubators for independant thought,forging identities, challenging the status quo.Instead in Thailand they're for copying everyone else (work and dress) for 4 years and recieving a piece of paper afterwards regardless.... Universiities should not be about uniforms or uniformity- defeats half the purpose...

They are f@#king great, first time I went to Thailand we went to the Uni to visit my wife's old teacher, I was having a smoke at the front gates then all of a sudden about 200 girls walk ou the gates with these great little skirts. It took me months to get that image out of my head.

I think there brilliant

Perhaps the OP should have looked at this thread first.

University Invokes Ban On Student's Short Skirts & Tight Blouses

With it's 191 posts (and scads of pictures), 13,000+ views and 5 star rating, I'm there's more than enough "research" material there to be able to tell what many TV members think about the subject.

Gotta do a project for Uni. So here I am asking for your opinion about Uniforms in Thailand (for University

Would be nice to get some Opinions.

Just like how you like them?

Tight, short and wet.

Do you think they are too short (the skirts of some girls) or maybe not short enough?

Most definitely not too short.

Do you think they are nessassary or they just should be abolished (as young students should be aware of how to dress politely in a university)?

No, I think school uniforms are good for several reasons; most of all they are polite, tidy and cheap clothing; without them you'd get a fashion-contest in which students with less money will lose out.

Is there a sense of Unity or... not really? If you are (or were) a student, do u like or not like ur uniform and why?

Same reasons; it makes clothing easy and cheap.

Perhaps the OP should have looked at this thread first.

University Invokes Ban On Student's Short Skirts & Tight Blouses

With it's 191 posts (and scads of pictures), 13,000+ views and 5 star rating, I'm there's more than enough "research" material there to be able to tell what many TV members think about the subject.

you should be ashamed for posting that.................by the way, thanks for the link :o

Hi There,

Gotta do a project for Uni. Thanks!

What sort of project are you doing, This Old Chestnut?

Find out what farangs think of short skirts in schools?

Do you take the findings back to your mates under the bridge? :o

Do you take the findings back to your mates under the bridge? :o

That was my first thought as well (I was going to use the same smiley as well) !

I decided to give the benefit of the doubt and reworded my first post a couple of times to "tone it down".

Who knows, maybe he's doing a thesis on:

"The (un)Scientific Study of Moral Degeneration of Thai Standards as Evidenced by the Effect Short Skirts and Tight Blouses has on the Farang Expat Population as Surveyed on an Anonymous Web Forum" :D

Pretty silly topic if you ask me.

I mean what the hel_l you think all men are going to say? They should dress up like a mussy and cover up head to toe?

Its like posting in the ladies forum if I should wear a shirt or not

Edited by TheDon

and one wonders what guys like about thailand!

for the big girls the unis are HORRIBLE! LOL. SOME ADMINISTRATOR SHOULD LET them wear baggy pants and sweaters!

I don’t like them.

The ones with the button badges are such a pain to undo on them. The skirts how ever can stay

post-4007-1215669968_thumb.jpg

Maybe they should change to the Japanese style. :o

As much as I love Thai Uni girls and those great uniforms, and by christ I love them, but don't tell the wife, I can't see past a japanese schoolgirl. The 2 in the picture are perfect examples of what a uniform should look like and who should wear it.

My personal choice is the tightest white blouse with the shortest tight blue skirt. High heels complete the look. The problem as I see it is if there :o are boys going to the school they would not actively participate in academics. The girls would be a pure distraction. Remembering back a few decades, if the girls had been dressed like some dress here I would have ended up flipping burgers or worse, becoming an English teacher in Thailand.

LOL or worse yet a English Teacher in Thailand! yeah I agree I would have been messed up too if that were the norm at my High School coming up.

If mempry serves me correctly, the western world had this fad about 40+ years ago it was called the mini skirt. I adored them then as I do now. Had a 100% better chance of catching one then than now, memories are good.

i beg to differ. if those r what uni gils should look like this thread wouldnt exist. someone needs to show a photo where the blous is so tight that one can almost see the wanoms. or the skirt so short the girl has trubble walking wo exposing her buttocks........lol.