Worrying Clause In A Rental Agreement

Hi

After rather lenghty negociations I thought we finalized a deal on a new residence from my little family. Yet reading the draft contract I see the addendum, which IMO opens a huge security breach with the possibility for the owner to claim I offer one of his staff a position and then kick us out from the apartment and pocket whatever advance rental we have paid plus the 400 000TBH security deposit (2month rentals). I paste below the appendum, any one is familiar with such a clause, what kind of proof would the owner need to take us at fault?

Thanks

Luis

<H1 style="MARGIN: 0cm -2.6pt 0pt 0cm; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Re: Requesting an additional Clause</H1>

As per LEASE AGREEMENT made on 10th day of July, 2008. On behalf of the management at , we would like to request an additional Clause which states that “the LESSEE to avoid giving work offers to the LESSORS’ employees. Failing to do so will considered to be a breach of the LEASE AGREEMENT, and shall automatically be terminated and the deposits will not be refunded” to the existing lease agreement.

We appreciate your gestures for taking great prides in our employees and because they are priceless, we would not like any of our employees to be moving from us to any of our tenant firms. Once again let me convey my appreciation for your continual patronage to .

Kindly sign and acknowledge the attached copy and return to our office for our records

You wouldnt consider such an agreement at home so dont even think about doing so here?

Roy gsd

I actualy had the owner scrap the addendum, lower penalties to 1.5% per month after late payments later than what I saw in other contracts, top the rent increase after the first year to 10% (to which owner objected until today). We changed a few more clauses as well, actually changed so many clauses I suspect owner is not very happy with the deal and this coupled with the very agressive style of the initial draft I wouldn't be surprised if things get sour or delayed after we hand over the deposit. Found another place we like as well with a more reasonnable initial contract and might go and sign there later this week if the owner insists on getting a deposit before handing the keys.