Format Of My Personal Card

GoodHeart

Here's the situation: I'll be attending a conference in Bangkok soon and plan on prospecting for employment opps. whilst there. To further this end, I reasoned it would be a good idea to print up some personal cards with my name/email/Thai phone number on them. What I need to know is the format of the number. Would it be appropriate to include a country code and/or city code in front of my current cell number, or not?

As background: I purchased a 12Call Simm card while I was in Thailand last summer. Looking at my Simm number yesterday it reads 0705XXXX (or thereabouts).

If memory serves me Thailand's country code is 66 and Bangkok's city code is 2 (might be wrong on both accounts though). Not sure if it matters but I bought the card in BKK. I'm planning on buying a lot of 500 cards and hope that they will serve me whether I'm located in BKK or elsewhere throughout the country.

Thanks for your help!

The standard in Thailand for phone numbers are:

Example: Your mobile number is 07-1234567

National standard: 0-7123-4567

International standard: +66 7 1234567

The plus indicates the prefix for dialling international calls, which differs from country to country.

Some people prefer to add zeros, but that's not standard (only confusing):

0066 (0) 71234567

Here's the situation: I'll be attending a conference in Bangkok soon and plan on prospecting for employment opps. whilst there. To further this end, I reasoned it would be a good idea to print up some personal cards with my name/email/Thai phone number on them.  What I need to know is the format of the number. Would it be appropriate to include a country code and/or city code in front of my current cell number, or not?

As background: I purchased a 12Call Simm card while I was in Thailand last summer. Looking at my Simm number yesterday it reads 0705XXXX (or thereabouts).

If memory serves me Thailand's country code is 66 and Bangkok's city code is 2 (might be wrong on both accounts though). Not sure if it matters but I bought the card in BKK. I'm planning on buying a lot of 500 cards and hope that they will serve me whether I'm located in BKK or elsewhere throughout the country.

Thanks for your help!

If you bought the card last summer and haven't kept putting money into it, it will have expired by now and you will have to get a new card/number. Not sure the exact number of days, but I think 300 Baht gets you about one month at a time.

I use 12Call myself and it can be used thru out the country (via AIS service).

Here's the situation: I'll be attending a conference in Bangkok soon and plan on prospecting for employment opps. whilst there. To further this end, I reasoned it would be a good idea to print up some personal cards with my name/email/Thai phone number on them.  What I need to know is the format of the number. Would it be appropriate to include a country code and/or city code in front of my current cell number, or not?

Thanks for your help!

If you bought the card last summer and haven't kept putting money into it, it will have expired by now and you will have to get a new card/number. Not sure the exact number of days, but I think 300 Baht gets you about one month at a time.

Card won't necessarly have expired.... it depends on how much credit was put on before he left, the service time is added accumulatively, so if you put on bt300 per week for a month you would get four months service ( assuming of course that you get one month/30 days for bt300 topup) :o

totster :D

Thanks for your help!

Card won't necessarly have expired.... it depends on how much credit was put on before he left, the service time is added accumulatively, so if you put on bt300 per week for a month you would get four months service ( assuming of course that you get one month/30 days for bt300 topup) :o

totster :D

Totster is correct on that and I just "confirmed" on my card that 300 Baht does give you 30 days. So it really does depend on how much you put into the card while you were here. For example, my phone now has 360 Baht of money and the time doesn't run out until April 26 next year, meaning the number won't expire until that date even if I don't use the phone during that period.

Totster is correct on that and I just "confirmed" on my card that 300 Baht does give you 30 days.  So it really does depend on how much you put into the card while you were here.  For example, my phone now has 360 Baht of money and the time doesn't run out until April 26 next year, meaning the number won't expire until that date even if I don't use the phone during that period.

I think there is more to it than that. If you don't keep putting money into it, but it has not expired, I you can still receive calls, but can't make calls. But after it it expires, I believe you still have time to recharge it before the simm card becomes useless. Not sure how long that is.

Totster is correct on that and I just "confirmed" on my card that 300 Baht does give you 30 days.  So it really does depend on how much you put into the card while you were here.  For example, my phone now has 360 Baht of money and the time doesn't run out until April 26 next year, meaning the number won't expire until that date even if I don't use the phone during that period.

I think there is more to it than that. If you don't keep putting money into it, but it has not expired, I you can still receive calls, but can't make calls. But after it it expires, I believe you still have time to recharge it before the simm card becomes useless. Not sure how long that is.

This is correct.. there is a period where the account is "suspended", but I've forgotten how long that is... it says in the 1 2 Call booklet somewhere.

totster :o

The standard in Thailand for phone numbers are:

Example: Your mobile number is 07-1234567

National standard:  0-7123-4567

International standard: +66 7 1234567

The plus indicates the prefix for dialling international calls, which differs from country to country.

Some people prefer to add zeros, but that's not standard (only confusing):

0066 (0) 71234567

Good call George, althought zero's as you say are not always needed, and in some countries will not work...so go with the +(etc)

BTW original poster, I work all over the place and use this rule to call my wife and family.

If you bought the card last summer and haven't kept putting money into it, it will have expired by now and you will have to get a new card/number.  Not sure the exact number of days, but I think 300 Baht gets you about one month at a time.

Ahh! Good to see this thread taking off. :D Thanks to all for the replies.

Ken, you've got me thinking here. Perhaps I need to rephrase the question: Does anyone know where I can get a set of business cards printed on a 2 day turn-around in Bangkok? :o

Seems it was wise to book myself in town two days prior to the event. :D

" Does anyone know where I can get a set of business cards printed on a 2 day turn-around in Bangkok? :o"

Pantip Plaza, mezzanine floor, they will do them in about 2 hours.

Great service....... No one in SYD could offer a similar service!

If you bought the card last summer and haven't kept putting money into it, it will have expired by now and you will have to get a new card/number.  Not sure the exact number of days, but I think 300 Baht gets you about one month at a time.

Ahh! Good to see this thread taking off. :D Thanks to all for the replies.

Ken, you've got me thinking here. Perhaps I need to rephrase the question: Does anyone know where I can get a set of business cards printed on a 2 day turn-around in Bangkok? :o

Seems it was wise to book myself in town two days prior to the event. :D

Not a problem to print 'em fast. The department stores do them too, and you'll know for sure that the phone number is 100 per cent correct.