Pattaya To Airport By Bus

I have to relate this hilarious story, from Bell travel bus a week ago.

We set off to the airport and the bus was completely full. There were about 15 farangs and the rest were all Indian nationals all talking loudly and being inconsiderate as usual.

I noticed after about ten minutes that the air-con on the bus wasn't working, just blowing hot air really, I just shrugged my shoulders and thought only 90 minutes to the airport, no problem, it wasn't too bad really.

Then one by one, about every 5 minutes, and Indian lady then an Indian man went forward to complain about the lack of air-con to the driver and his assistant.

Suddenly, the bus braked and pulled onto the hard shoulder and stopped.

The Thai driver had had enough of all the complaints and refused to continue.

I must add here that I wasn't too bothered, because my flight was not until the next morning, so I sat back and enjoyed the fun....

A group of Australian tourists, who had a flight very soon, went absolutely mental, because they knew the complaints by the Indians had caused the driver to stop.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, there were violent threats made towards the Indians and a couple of Germans got involved and threatened to haul off all the Indians. Eventually (after 15 minutes) we were on our way again. When we arrived at the airport, there was a lot of shouting and bad feeling, but I grabbed my bag and that was it.

I do wonder why people complain about reasonable taxi fees but the nearest explanation I can come up with is not that it is an extra $20 or so on a $5000 spend but that, at that tie, they are in Thailand and they think what Bt1000 or so will bring them and I'll hazard a wild guess that what is going through the minds of mos guys who complain is the extra girl they could have for that money.

I do wonder why people complain about reasonable taxi fees but the nearest explanation I can come up with is not that it is an extra $20 or so on a $5000 spend but that, at that tie, they are in Thailand and they think what Bt1000 or so will bring them and I'll hazard a wild guess that what is going through the minds of mos guys who complain is the extra girl they could have for that money.

Bell travel offer a reliable and cheap (200 Baht) service to/from the airport right to your hotel/diggings.

I prefer to save the odd 800 baht towards roadside food and cold beer. Plus I prefer buses to suicidal driving by 'iced-out' taxi drivers with bald tyres.

From the airport to Pattaya, fantastic service. From Pattaya to the airport? Why would ANYONE risk going with Bell when they can get a regular and reliable bus from Pattaya bus station to the airport for 150 bht?

Bell are very good. The government buses are very good. Shit happens, as is obvious in this case.

Nobody should be put off from using Bell by this thread.

why would anyone risk taking a bus in this country?

From the airport to Pattaya, fantastic service. From Pattaya to the airport? Why would ANYONE risk going with Bell when they can get a regular and reliable bus from Pattaya bus station to the airport for 150 bht?

Bell are very good. The government buses are very good. Shit happens, as is obvious in this case.

Nobody should be put off from using Bell by this thread.

You are 652 times less likely to die by travel in a bus than a car in Thailand.

You are 652 times less likely to die by travel in a bus than a car in Thailand.

:o man! that is something that the real Roger Barret would say. you may be right, but have you never been on a bus over here that has scared the crap out of you? I tried it in the early days, never again. I would rather die in the comfort of my own car.

Edited by onnut

• 2 months later...

Besides Bell, any other buses go from Pattaya straight to Suvarnabhumi? I know of the Government bus, but don't know what is their departure time from Pattaya and where to get them? Someone told me that it is at the North pattaya bus station, is it true?

Besides Bell, any other buses go from Pattaya straight to Suvarnabhumi? I know of the Government bus, but don't know what is their departure time from Pattaya and where to get them? Someone told me that it is at the North pattaya bus station, is it true?

There's a bus that leaves from the corner of Chaiyapruek and Jomtien Beach Road (where the police station and flashing traffic lights are) several times a day. I don't have their particulars at hand here, but I think it's about B105.

There's a new bus service across the street from Pan Pan restaurant in the Foodmart parking lot on Thappraya Road (in front of View Talay 1.) Fair Properties is on the left and the ticket office is behind/next to Fair Properties. They have a waiting room inside. Their phone numbers are: 086-324-2389-Pattaya and 086-324-2391-Suvarnabhumi. (web site: http://www.airportpattayabus.com/ ) The one-way fare is B124 and their schedule is:

post-33251-1246619405_thumb.jpg

There's a bus that leaves from the corner of Chaiyapruek and Jomtien Beach Road (where the police station and flashing traffic lights are) several times a day. I don't have their particulars at hand here, but I think it's about B105.

There's a new bus service across the street from Pan Pan restaurant in the Foodmart parking lot on Thappraya Road (in front of View Talay 1.) Fair Properties is on the left and the ticket office is behind/next to Fair Properties. They have a waiting room inside. Their phone numbers are: 086-324-2389-Pattaya and 086-324-2391-Suvarnabhumi. (web site: http://www.airportpattayabus.com/ ) The one-way fare is B124 and their schedule is:

Thanks for this one!!!

Looks like a combo of lines 389/999/9905 it's Roong Reuang Coach Co.,Ltd so it would be smart to coordinate. Love the new late buses (from airport 21:00!!!)

J!!!

Further poking around their web site revealed that:

The buses to the airport actually originate from Soi Chaiyapruek.

At the airport, you can catch the bus either from the first floor of the passenger terminal between doors 7 & 8, or from the bus station.

post-33251-1246791934_thumb.jpg

Personally, I don't know why people fly for $1000+ spend $1000+ on hotels and then perhaps $3000+ on their holiday expenditure but complain about $20/30 or so extra each way for a taxi, saving time and going when and where you want to go directly ?

Well because my flight ticket Udon Thani-Swampy costs 850 Baht return and because departure time 13.00 is fine to catch my return flight leaving 16.15, regardless of the amounts of money I will spend, I don't see what good it will do to my budget by paying 800B to ride in an outlived Corrola from Patters to Swampy when a decent air con bus at less than 200B will do the trick.

Now as for the moronic comments some posters make on TV :)

It's not the money.

Taxi drivers can be dishonest, have unsafe vehicles, drive madly, be on drugs, be angry, be intoxicated on alcohol, have planned-pick-up scams, change cars, demand tips, demand toll-fees, pick up family members en-route and generally be very mental.

On a bus this does not happen. Plus if you travel by Bell travel, they transfer you from the Pattaya Nua Bus Station via minibus to your chosen hotel for free.

So whaddayasay 'torrenova'?

SOURCE: personalthailand.com/wordpress

Bell bus service to Pattaya is ding dong

March 4th, 2008 | Travel Warning

Going to Pattaya very often I must say I never used the "Bell" service from the Pattaya bus Station in Thailand. Last Sunday I got the first impression of their service and I can say if I do not have to use them I will never bother to visit them ever again.

First when we came there 30 min before the bus was going to the airport they just said to us to wait. We waited and waited and then finally one minute before the buss should leave they told us to wait to 11.00, now the time was 09.00.

How can they expect any passengers that need to get on a plane to wait for 2 hours and miss the flight? I was not alone I think it was 5 others that had the same problem as me.

I then called one of the taxi guys I know from Pattaya and arranged for them to come and pick us up and I asked the girls that were waiting if they wanted to come well. Then I got told off by the staff that I can not take their customers. Well do not let customers wait for nothing then it is so bad service. They could just hire a small van and brought the rest of the passengers in that, sure maybe no profit but at least a happy ending.

They are the same people that have the busses on the ground floor in the airport going to Pattaya so make sure you ask them if the buss is full or not before you wait 2 hours.

there is also a new service, noy sure if related to bell or not, being run from the food mart parking lot in jom tien now..might also be worth looking at..

Bells are now getting greedy and charge 200Baht. I have found they rarely leave on time from Pattaya. The buses are often full, there is sometimes no space for luggage underneath, so they stupidly pack it on the step inside the backdoor, blocking any possibility to use the toilet!! They desperately need a later and/or an earlier schedule for arrivals and departures from both ends. I think it was better when the Ekamai bound buses used to drop into Suvarnabhumi on their way to Bangkok.

Bells are now getting greedy and charge 200Baht. I have found they rarely leave on time from Pattaya. The buses are often full, there is sometimes no space for luggage underneath, so they stupidly pack it on the step inside the backdoor, blocking any possibility to use the toilet!! They desperately need a later and/or an earlier schedule for arrivals and departures from both ends. I think it was better when the Ekamai bound buses used to drop into Suvarnabhumi on their way to Bangkok.

I don't think 200 baht can be called 'greedy'; after all this includes pick-up from your hotel in Pattaya or delivery to your named hotel from the airport by mini-bus.

On recent trips the buses from Pattaya have been full but Bell Bus Office does have a toilet, so you can ensure bladder drainage before your 90 minute journey to the airport, thus avoiding the stinky, disease ridden inboard bus WC.

• 1 month later...
Further poking around their web site revealed that:

The buses to the airport actually originate from Soi Chaiyapruek.

At the airport, you can catch the bus either from the first floor of the passenger terminal between doors 7 & 8, or from the bus station.

Has anyone recent experience catching this last 2100 bus from BKK airport to Pattaya?

I've been using Bell for years, and I give them credit for improving their service. Used to be arrangements had to be made in Thai, so I'd dial them on my hp and hand it over to the hotel clerk to do the talking. Now there is always someone who speaks some English there to talk to the farang. Even the drivers are courteous these days.

I like that they pick you up, no having to fret about the taxi getting stuck in traffic and missing the bus.

What I don't like is that it's popular with the Indians -- on nearly every trip there is bunch of drunken yokels, their first trip outside of their country, all loud and bothersome, knocking down more beers. One time a bunch of them were harassing the bus's hostess, I could see she was pissed off but she just bit her tongue. Another time a load of them got on at the airport already drunk and loaded up with more cans. I'd like to see Bell in initiate a no-alcohol rule.

Maybe if US companies stop outsourcing to Indian call centers there will be less of them who could afford to go to Thailand.

:)

I've used the Bell Bus, both to and from the airport. My last last trip from the airport, I just made the last Bell Bus to Pattaya. At the Pattay Bus station, there is another min van that takes customerts on to theur respective hotels for no additional charge-but not for Lance. Since the clerk hadn't written my final destination down, the driver flatly refused to drop me on third Rd or even let me on the bus. I was polite and never pushed it but I can believe the OP's story. Sometimes Thais will bend over backwards to be helpfull and other times they will go out of their way to make problems. TIT :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've used the Bell Bus, both to and from the airport. My last last trip from the airport, I just made the last Bell Bus to Pattaya. At the Pattay Bus station, there is another min van that takes customerts on to theur respective hotels for no additional charge-but not for Lance. Since the clerk hadn't written my final destination down, the driver flatly refused to drop me on third Rd or even let me on the bus. I was polite and never pushed it but I can believe the OP's story. Sometimes Thais will bend over backwards to be helpfull and other times they will go out of their way to make problems. TIT :)

They need your final destination in Pattaya in advance. However, if you are clever, just say you are going to one of the destiantions in Pattaya nearest to you on the whiteboard display, then get off.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: January 31st 2010

Bell Bus Service from airport.

You must now pre-book the Bell bus if traveling from BKK airport. In the past I would just turn up at the Bell-Bus area and add my name to the passenger list, this is no longer the case.

You must pre-book by telephone or on their website.

And it's no good arguing with the Bell man/woman on duty at ground level, they will just ignore you or send you to the 'government' Pattaya bus booking area.