Foreigners Complaining

TheDon

i think its becoz many foreigners make only as much as thais is why they complain. you live anywhere with modes t income u gonna whine.

they charge thai 500 baht to see elephant , me they charge 800 baht. <deleted> , why does a thai need to pay to see an elephant....lol.

What? And you think that aliens in any country don't complain about their host country? You've gotta be kidding. They complain just as much or more, BUT they do it in their mother tongue and you don't know what they are saying about you personally, or the system or what.

One big difference is of course, when a foreign visitor/migrant complains in countries like NZ, Britain, Canada or Australia they more often than not get listened to and the system will be altered to cater for their needs even in their mother tongue if wantedv all at taxpayer expense.

As for aliens complaining here, even though much of it may be justified, there is just no point, as you're only passing through, and Thais absolutely don't give a toss what you think/feel/expect/need etc. And they certainly are not going to change anything for any whitey, unless you've got enough money to just make things happen.

There is a couple of website like Pantip where you can read comments from Thai abroad, can be really funny sometime to see Thai people "discovering" Europe or America.

Actually, I strongly recommend farangs leaving in Thailand to read these websites, very instructive. And if you can't read thai, ask someone to translate, it can be the beginning of very rewarding conversation. A lot of farang thinks they bring civilisation to Thailand. If they could read these websites, they will realize they actually have much to learn from Thai people.

can you recommend a site where thais express their thoughts in english :o

Unfortunately no. Actually my wife and I have sometime some kind of contest, we start with a basic question, then we check which website, english (but thai based) or thai, will give us the best answer. When it's really technical, usually english website are better. For more common, everyday life question, thai site are more useful.

expats/foreigners criticising their host country, moaning about this and that happens everywhere. It's part of the human nature, don't you think that Thai living abroad do the same? for example, many garrulous westerners living in middle east countries (like Saudi Arabia) are quite vocal in their criticism, preferring to live in a bubble. They have their own areas and don't show the slightest interest in local culture or society. Then they emigrate to Thailand and sound holier than thou. They far more annoying than that expat mentioned by OP.

... all he did was complain about everything under the sun. I was trying to relax and he just got on my nerves and I snapped at him...

I'll give you 3 months - then you'll be whingeing like the rest of 'em.

He will be winging when some old farang who is fed up with his buls..t snap kicks his nuts

What a :o

I give him 12 months before the inlaws suss him out and f..k him off.

Roy gsd

I've talked to many expats about living in LOS. Most of them seemed very happy, but I was surprised how strong the feelings where for those who didn't like it. Some of the best advice I received about moving to Thailand was to leave yourself an out and try a three to six month stay before actually moving. I also believe some people will be unhappy regardless of their circumstances.

I am happy here much happier then i was in Holland but i do complain too. But in Holland i also complained so i dont see the problem. It is a problem if your complaining all the time and not enjoying your life. I can complain one day about the lack of quality in thai construction and how hard it is to find someone who knows what he is doing and the next day i can be happy while fishing with some mates drinking a beer.

Im certainly more happy here but everyone has things to complain at at times. But naming problems isnt complaining in my view. I dont want to change Thailand but i do miss somethings from my home country. But i would hate it if Thailand turned into my home country.

Someone said that there are a lot more malcontents and undesireables here in Thailand and i agree with that you just have to find the nice ppl and that can be hard at times.

... all he did was complain about everything under the sun. I was trying to relax and he just got on my nerves and I snapped at him...

I'll give you 3 months - then you'll be whingeing like the rest of 'em.

He will be winging when some old farang who is fed up with his buls..t snap kicks his nuts

What a :o

I give him 12 months before the inlaws suss him out and f..k him off.

Roy gsd

No old farang would want to take me on mate, my muscles have muscles.

And who would want to kick me out? I'm a very very good looking man