Welcome To Our Newest Sponsor

lovely ambiance and decor , very expensive but ice cold beers , small portions , food flavoursome but NOT spicey at all......vindaloo tasted like a korma!

lots of " owners? " helping themselves to beers but not talking to customers.....

excellent falang manager who was friendly and attentive .

will go back , but not til I hear that they have found some HOT curry powder!!! :o

highlight of the meal was the garlic nan....10/10

Hey guys,

Just to confirm that divers/dive masters get 50% off food before 9pm on Wednesdays. Thursday night is ladies night( 2 free drinks on arrival) and Fridays and Saturdays are all you can eat Indian buffet for 290b.

We also have other one off party nights as well as Salsa/flamenco lessons upstairs on a Thursday night. 300b a lesson with a free cocktail.

Salsa anyone?

Hey guys,

Just to confirm that divers/dive masters get 50% off food before 9pm on Wednesdays. Thursday night is ladies night( 2 free drinks on arrival) and Fridays and Saturdays are all you can eat Indian buffet for 290b.

We also have other one off party nights as well as Salsa/flamenco lessons upstairs on a Thursday night. 300b a lesson with a free cocktail.

Salsa anyone?

Does that come with guacamole and tortilla chips? :o

Does that come with guacamole and tortilla chips? :o

Offtopic but - anyone found Guacamole in any markets in Samui?

Mash up rip avocados, add mashed garlic (to taste), lemon juice (to taste) and corriander, tomatoes and paprika if you fancy it, or just keep it simple. yum.

Kush is very nice indeed...curry a good idea..decor very tasteful...but the music is CRAP - why must all bars insist om having DJs/CDs of boring incessant housey stuff? I was sitting upstairs thinking how nice it would be if some good records would come on..it would attract far more people. I had to leve it was so bad. Get rid of the crap music, and give us some indie-type and popular rock...then you will make money. Otherise, I fear for it's future. That Kung is sexy too....

Being lazy on the guacamole - thanks PoorSucker and mssabai (and goldfish)

In terms of the music, that's very subjective - personally I wouldn't choose to go for a meal and and listen to indie/rock, but I like electronic music. I do need to come down to Kush and have some food though, can they mash up avocados as well as vinyl?

Edited by danw

Hey guys,

Salsa anyone?

what about the rest of the workers?

Hey guys,

Salsa anyone?

what about the rest of the workers?

Excellent idea, just give everyone a 50% discount & don't make any money at all, an excellent idea for a new small Business... :o

If you ask at the Restaurant they can give you a VIP resident card which entiles you to a 15% disc. This makes our expensive ice cold beers 100b.Is that expensive? I have also told the staff to start asking how spicy people want their food.

Tonight and tomorrow night we will have an all you can eat Indian Buffet for 290b.(NETT) It was a big success last week and we are expecting good numbers again this weekend. A few extras this weekend including Tandoori Chicken and baby Shallots.

HHHhhhmmmmmmmmm

Just a quick note about the music, it is impossible to keep everbody happy with the music. You have rock they want indie then you have indie and the want house. etc etc.

However we plan to have a Northern soul evening as well as the Saturday night DJ party. The music upstairs tends to be a 'House' downstairs we tend to play easy listening Ibiza style music. low level easy listening background music.

Hot food, Cool Music...........

Saying that its nice to get some good honest feedback from you guys, thanks.

If you ask at the Restaurant they can give you a VIP resident card which entiles you to a 15% disc. This makes our expensive ice cold beers 100b.Is that expensive? I have also told the staff to start asking how spicy people want their food.

Tonight and tomorrow night we will have an all you can eat Indian Buffet for 290b.(NETT) It was a big success last week and we are expecting good numbers again this weekend. A few extras this weekend including Tandoori Chicken and baby Shallots.

HHHhhhmmmmmmmmm

Does resident card from Bangkok airways and/or Bangkok Samui International count.

Kush is very nice indeed...curry a good idea..decor very tasteful...but the music is CRAP - why must all bars insist om having DJs/CDs of boring incessant housey stuff? I was sitting upstairs thinking how nice it would be if some good records would come on..it would attract far more people. I had to leve it was so bad. Get rid of the crap music, and give us some indie-type and popular rock...then you will make money. Otherise, I fear for it's future. That Kung is sexy too....

I agree! ...well said regarding the music. I ate there this week and the food was very good except that I was disappointed with the garlic nan, it was fluffy like bread, otherwise the food was very good and the service very good. I will be back.

This makes our expensive ice cold beers 100b. Is that expensive?

Why the "ice cold" adjective? Where on Samui do you get "luke warm" beer?

Why on earth would an Indian restaurant not be playing the likes of Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam (he was in that tsunami relief concert) and Nina Virdee. An Indian eatery with rock music? Indie? What has the world come to?

Can you imagine going to Fusion and them playing playback singers all night? How bizarre would that be?

When I eat Indian, I want something resembling the actual experience...What is the actual experience you might ask? Read on for a true account of mine from the archives...

MEALS

When I go back to the good 'ol U. S. of A. I'm going to open a South Indian restaurant based on the "meals" system just like in India.

First, I'll have dingy surroundings with uncomfortable makeshift furniture. A boy will put out a palm leaf (actually a banana tree leaf) for a plate – how exotic already!

Water is in a shiny tin cup. Each cup will have a drop of sewing machine oil included to give it that authentic scum appearance.

Next, another boy comes with a rack of metal jars. Yes, it's the food! First a small spoonful of something runny and red with a couple of lumps in it. Is it spice? Is it garnish? Or is it just something the cook found on his way to work. Who knows? The magic of Indian cuisine.

Next a dollop of little potato mince in a slimy sauce. But wait, they aren't potatoes after all. What is it? A vegetable? Pieces of cork? Before you can decide another blob is put down. Now this one's easy – why, it's cream of spinach. But look at the texture, would you? Boy, that'll slide down easy, and by the look of it, it already has.

I know you're anxious to dig in but we need the rice first. And here it comes, shoveled on to your leaf from a dust pan. Before you can blink an eye another boy appears with a metal bucket filled with swill. On top of the rice it goes. The liquid soaks into the rice leaving the good bits exposed on top. There's a shred of hot pepper. That looks like something green. There are some little seeds. Oh look, a piece of tomato skin. And what's this soggy olive-colored tubular thing? It feels like a wet snake, but don't worry; it just tastes like an old thong.

Well, now you're ready to tuck in. No use waiting for eating utensils 'cause they're not going to come. That's right, you use your hand! But only your right hand, don't forget. Your left hand isn't clean and well, I guess we all know what Indians use for toilet paper, right?

Just smoosh the whole thing around and throw a bit into your mouth. Not as easy as it looks, huh? Feel like some deranged starving animal, do you? Well, don't be shy. All Indians eat like this. If they don't then they're not "real" Indians. So go native! Come on, it's fun.

Hey, are you running out of the green stuff? No problem, refills are free! Can't beat that for value. And when you're all finished you get a little cup of runny curd to round things out. Throw a little salt in there if it makes you feel better. That's the stuff!

Your hand looks pretty messy now I bet, what with pieces of rice and slippery stuff all over your fingers. Well, there's a wash basin right over there against the wall. There's no soap but then there's no towel either (and would you want to use it if there were?).

OK, now it's time to pay the bill. In India it's about 35 cents but this is America so you'll be paying 12 dollars at least.

So now you've had an authentic Indian meal. I bet you can hardly wait for your stomach to clear so you can try it again. And you never know, your stomach may empty a lot quicker than you expect.

March 10, 1991

Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu

India

Edited by Buckwheat
Edited to remove shouting text

Hopefully see some of you guys down there this weekend (Friday/Saturday)for the all you can eat 290b Buffet. We have spiced up the curries quite a bit and also started doing Mango Chutney/Cucumber dips. Also we are now serving Baby Shallots with every order.

Unfortunately the music policy is still the same, Latin Jazz and chill out downstairs and House music upstairs.:o

How do people feel about the idea of holding a TV party there? just an idea at the moment but as we could hold 100 people + it could be a great venue for a long over due TV part in samui.

Speak to George at support (at) thaivisa.com, he has been known to donate beverages to the other thaivisa meet ups :o