Is 1 Week Extension Available After 3 Month Cambodia Runs?

Hi,

I have 2 more Cambodias left before I leave for KL to get hopefully a non O multiple entry visa. I have worked out that my visa from the last Cambodia will run out on the 26th September, but I have a flight to KL on the 29th September, maybe even 30th. Could I get a 1 week extension of stay after the 90 days out of 180 days, or are they insistent on you leaving? Obviously i'll be a few days over and don't want to overstay.

Thanks all.

Hi,

I have 2 more Cambodias left before I leave for KL to get hopefully a non O multiple entry visa. I have worked out that my visa from the last Cambodia will run out on the 26th September, but I have a flight to KL on the 29th September, maybe even 30th. Could I get a 1 week extension of stay after the 90 days out of 180 days, or are they insistent on you leaving? Obviously i'll be a few days over and don't want to overstay.

Thanks all.

You have been staying in Thailand on visa exemptions ?

You are not very clear about what kind of visa you now have. Assuming you are on visa exempt entries, (30 day stamps), than yes you can extend your stay with 7 days for 1900 baht. Take the airline ticket with you so they can see that you will indeed leave within that 7 days.

As for the 90 day rule. The rule is 90 days in a 6 month period, not 180 days.

Edited by Mario2008

Hi,

Thanks all.

I had a double entry tourist visa originally but when that ran out last month I did the first Cambodia run for the 30 day expemtion. I have 2 left. Just wanted to know after the 3rd and last 30 day stamp from Cambodia run if I could get an extra 7 days at imm?

Sorry for not being clear.

Hi,

Thanks all.

I had a double entry tourist visa originally but when that ran out last month I did the first Cambodia run for the 30 day expemtion. I have 2 left. Just wanted to know after the 3rd and last 30 day stamp from Cambodia run if I could get an extra 7 days at imm?

Should be fine 7 days no worrys, unsure why one of mods put unlikly?

Chris

The way I understand it any extension based on a 30 days exempt entry will count against the 90 days/6 months allowance.

Meaning: 90 days per 6 months which would include any extensions.

Answer to OP's question: unlikely unless he finds a friendly Imm officer.

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

That was the reason for question on 7 day extension but OP seems to have put a quote inside a quote to modify his situation to have been real tourist visas with just one 30 day so should be OK in that case - a very hard thread to read because of quote use.

The way I read it is he had already 2 tourist visa's, now is on a 30 day visa exempt entry and will do 2 more visa exempt entries. But that will only take him to 26 september. So he needs a 7 day extention after having used hier 90 days visa exempt entries.

I have 2 left. Just wanted to know after the 3rd and last 30 day stamp from Cambodia run if I could get an extra 7 days at imm?

I think the above makes it clear that the OP is planing ahead for the third 30 day stamp and I don't think, that any extension of stay after 90 days in LOS based on 30 day exempt stamps have been used up, is possible.

opalhort

I have 2 left. Just wanted to know after the 3rd and last 30 day stamp from Cambodia run if I could get an extra 7 days at imm?

I think the above makes it clear that the OP is planing ahead for the third 30 day stamp and I don't think, that any extension of stay after 90 days in LOS based on 30 day exempt stamps have been used up, is possible.

opalhort

why? surley cant we find this out? this dosent seem hard to me,

after he has done 3 border runs x30 days then he wants an extension of 7 days why he cannot have 7 days?

my reply was and still is yes, for no other reason he is asking for an extention which is what the 7 days is about no?

one of the mods says unlikly, opaolhort says no, lop not 100% sure on your thoughts, is this correct you cannot extened for 7 days?

this isnt an argument, if im giving this guy bad advice i want to know, the same as op yes or no?

many thanks

chris

He has no visa to extend. And he has used up his allowed 90 days visa exempt entry per my understanding. It will be up to immigration and they normally try to be helpful. But in this case he has plenty of time to arrange a different strategy and believe he would be well advised to do so. The call could go either way in my view.

He has no visa to extend. And he has used up his allowed 90 days visa exempt entry per my understanding. It will be up to immigration and they normally try to be helpful. But in this case he has plenty of time to arrange a different strategy and believe he would be well advised to do so. The call could go either way in my view.

right, he has no visa i understand that, he also didnt extend for 30 days if i read it right, no problem, what im trying to get at is if man a gets 3 x30 days visa exempt entries then on last day he applys for an extention of 7 days can he have it?

thats what its for isnt it?

or if what your saying is you cant extend on 3rd visit, so then can you extebd 1st visit,? then second? would they only give say 20 days at border on that 90 day ruling???

" It will be up to immigration and they normally try to be helpful." yep as always, but if i asked you lop what extention could i get after doing my torist visax2 and completing my second entry, how many days may i extened if for, your reply i belive would be 30 chris, why cant this be as stright forward?

chris

right, he has no visa i understand that, he also didnt extend for 30 days if i read it right, no problem, what im trying to get at is if man a gets 3 x30 days visa exempt entries then on last day he applys for an extention of 7 days can he have it?...

No, he cannot have it. He can apply for it, by all means, and then it is at the discretion of the immigration officer whether or not to give it.

Please read the National Police Order No. 606/2549, which contains all the rules about extensions of stay. Look at the middle column and read the first requirement for each type of extension.

As Lopburi said, there is no rule for the extension of stay after a visa-exempt entry. It’s as siple as that.

--

Maestro

He says he only has two (60 days) more allowed and that will put him at the 90 day limit. If that is true there is no question of him being eligible for an extension of stay (which the 7 day extension actually is - under review) so do not believe it would have to be issued. Just as when you cross the border and try to return - you do not get a 7 day entry if you have used your visa exempt limit.

I feel I should rewrite my original thread to be as clear as possible because after reading everones responses there was alot of uncertainty, as my useage wasn't clear.

Here is my situation and query in full:

I entered Thailand last November on a triple entry tourist visa (I said double before but after checking it was in fact a triple entry tourist visa from my home country).

After 60 days I got a months extension at imm. I then did I cambodia run to activate the 2nd tourist stamp and got that extended at imm as well. Then I was entitled to the last entry on the triple entry tourist so I did another Cambodia and got another 60 days on re-entry. I subsequently got yet another extension at imm and they said that now I have two options. I can got a exemption stamp for 30 days going to Cambodia or I can leave the country and get another visa from another country where there is a Thai embassy/consulate. I did the first Cambodia exemption nearly 3 weeks ago and I have to go again now in 10 days or so for another 30 days which will be my 2nd exemption. My original thread was indeed planning ahead when the 90 days are over as then I would have used up my legal quota by law. So I calculated when indeed my last Cambodia 30 would run out and it is on the 26th of September. I am leaving for KL on the 30th so i'll be 4 days over and I don't want any problems and certainly don't want to overstay because I never have and never want to start, My query is does anyone know my options. A 1 weeks extension at imm? Anything else?

I hope this has rectified the missunderstanding surrounding my first thread and my apologies for the lack of info. After reading it back to myself it is indeed unclear.

Many thanks.

Seems that the rules are a bit unclear on weather you can get an extension after you have used up your 90 days visa exemption entries. The experts say probably not.

You can do one of the following things:

1. just do your third visa exemption entry and apply for a 7 day extention. They might give it. If they don't give it you will have to pay an overstay fine. It is no big deal.

2. Make a visa run instead of a border run.

3. When you make your border run, stay a few days in a neigbouring country and than come back.

Seems that the rules are a bit unclear on weather you can get an extension after you have used up your 90 days visa exemption entries. The experts say probably not.

You can do one of the following things:

1. just do your third visa exemption entry and apply for a 7 day extention. They might give it. If they don't give it you will have to pay an overstay fine. It is no big deal.

2. Make a visa run instead of a border run.

3. When you make your border run, stay a few days in a neigbouring country and than come back.

yep good advice and or if ya off to kl, maybe you could change flight date to fit in?

"just do your third visa exemption entry and apply for a 7 day extention. They might give it."

if you do this one please post your result as it will confirm some misunderstanding with me on here, or maybe ask at imigration before its time up?

maestro and lop, thanks for your responses,

chris