How To Change From Outline To Standard View

LivinginKata

Here is the topic you chose to view At the top of each topic, there is a 'Options' menu. Clicking this menu will expand the options menu.

From this menu, you can select from the following options:

• Track this topic - this option will allow you to receive e-mail updates for the topic, see the 'Email Notification of new messages' help file for more information on this

• Email this topic - from here you can email a link of this topic to someone by entering their name, email, and desired language.
  • Print this topic - this will present the current topic you are viewing a printer friendly format, removing most images and using a standard layout.
  • Download this topic - will show the topic in a number of different formats. 'Printer Friendly Version' will display a version of the topic that is suitable for printing out. 'Download HTML Version' will download a copy of the topic to your hard drive, and this can then be viewed in a web browser, without having to visit the board. 'Download Microsoft Word Version' will allow you to download the file to your hard drive and open it up in the popular word processing application, Microsoft Word, for viewing offline.

• Subscribe to this forum - will allow you to receive e-mail updates for any new topics posted in the forum, see the Notification of new messages' help file for more information on this

You can also select one of three topic display modes:

• Outline - shows you one post with a list of the remaining posts at the below it, in tree format.

• Standard - this display mode shows the topic in the standard layout of one post above another, in the order selected by the administrator.

• Linear+ - is similiar to standard with the added benefit of having the first post of the topic always shown at the top, no matter what page of the topic you are on.

Above is an extract from the HELP Guide. After 2 hours playing about with the controls I still can't switch between view modes.

Help Help please. This is driving me crazy. Must be so simple... but I can't figure it out.

Normally if I left-click on the options tab, it gives me a drop-down menu to change between

outline, standard of linear modes? But today I also can't get it to work? I mean I'm not given

the choice of view modes now? So, you're not alone. At least two of us are crazy now. :o

The option menu has been changed. The default setting is standard view and the options to change views has been eliminated. If you are still seeing the outline view(and can not open threads) I will guess you are using Firefox. This problem occured during changeover. You will see all kinds of "fixes" suggested in the forum help section. I say proceed with caution. In computers, the law of unintended consequences is in full force. Any "fix" that uses the terms"just", "simply", or "only" are sure to cause all kinds of havoc. The only way I can get the forum to work is to use Internet Explorer(painfully slow only viewing TV) or Opera(normal operation). I hope this issue is resolved soon.

P

The option menu has been changed. The default setting is standard view and the options to change views has been eliminated. If you are still seeing the outline view(and can not open threads) I will guess you are using Firefox. This problem occured during changeover. You will see all kinds of "fixes" suggested in the forum help section. I say proceed with caution. In computers, the law of unintended consequences is in full force. Any "fix" that uses the terms"just", "simply", or "only" are sure to cause all kinds of havoc. The only way I can get the forum to work is to use Internet Explorer(painfully slow only viewing TV) or Opera(normal operation). I hope this issue is resolved soon.

P

The forum was upgraded a couple of weeks ago to introduce tags. In the process a bug was introduced which caused a problem in outline (thread view) mode where you could only see headlines but not the post contents. To 'resolve' this problem the display switch option was removed and standard view is the only mode now available.

The problem is that any one who was in outline view when the option was disabled now cannot switch away from it. The only solution is to change to a new browser that has not been in 'outline' mode before, or to clear your internet caches.

If you, like me, used and valued 'outline' mode then please post your views in this forum to try and create some momentum for this mode to be re-activated.

Edited by digitalchromakey