Butter Substitute For Cooking!

I want to try margarine but is it unhealthy when cooked?

Yep, it's unhealthy before and after cooking.

Here's some good options:

Oils

There is no substitute for real Butter - we just today bought 30KG at I think it was Baht 540.00 / 5KG block at Macro - suggest some bulk buying

John

I want to try margarine but is it unhealthy when cooked?

Yep, it's unhealthy before and after cooking.

Here's some good options:

Oils

There is no substitute for real Butter - we just today bought 30KG at I think it was Baht 540.00 / 5KG block at Macro - suggest some bulk buying

John

Hi John:

I agree with you on there being no sub for real butter, but unlike you, most of us non-restaurant owners don't have fridges that can hold 30kg of butter. BTW, I want more of those sausages with the cheese inside!

Cheers

James

John

Yep, there are definitely situations where any substitute for butter is an inferior choice!

Use an oil, not a margarine. Margarines all contain transfats, aka hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils to make them solid at room temperature. Transfats are really, really bad for you.

I agree with you on there being no sub for real butter, but unlike you, most of us non-restaurant owners don't have fridges that can hold 30kg of butter. BTW, I want more of those sausages with the cheese inside!

Cheers

James

Hi James,

you do not need to buy 30KG ... as I wrote, it comes in 5KG Blocks :o ... one Block should be no problem - just cut it into pieces and freeze most of it until use - the saving is substantial !

John

Got plenty of the Kaesekrainer at the Bistro :D - the ones with cheese

Cheers

James

Hi James,

you do not need to buy 30KG ... as I wrote, it comes in 5KG Blocks :o ... one Block should be no problem - just cut it into pieces and freeze most of it until use - the saving is substantial !

John

Got plenty of the Kaesekrainer at the Bistro :D - the ones with cheese

Great thanks

Great thanks!

Hi all,

mea culpa, it apparently was too good to be true... the person who does the purchassing for me for the last 2 1/2 yeats called me yesterdy and informed me of this great deal .. today when preparing a pepper sauce for steaks I asked for 500G of butter to be melted and prepared the sauce to tasting point with fresh green pepper etc..... it tasted like shit .. sweet and kind of chemical ...... at that point I realised that this was not butter, but this awful Thai spread which is sweet and has this chemical taste..

mea culpa ... never trust a Thai to do anything right

John

p.s. 25KG of this crap anded in the bin 5KG on his head

Hi Ulysses,

I was reffering to Thai's and farang food - when I gave him an ear full he sort of looked at me and said .. but it looks like butter ..... which really got me in a bundle .. trouth is, as long as they follow instructions things go ok but there always comes a time when they use initiative and that's when things go really wrong ... my temper was also slightly pushed when I came back yesterday and found my machine supplyers "engineer" sitting on the floor next to a totally dissassembled vacuum machine (he had come while I was out on a meeting) looking totally puzzled and was unable to put it back together ... he was actually supposed to replace a switch on one of the sausage fillers - result - both, the vacuum machine and sausage filler are now at their shop, forgive my slight, temperamental outburst, but I can asure you, it was the censored version :o

John