Alcohol Restrictions Thursday And Friday?

Xangsamhua

Does anyone know what the restrictions will be on sale of alcohol in shops and restaurants on Thursday and Friday? Will it be banned both days?

It seems everywhere is closed.. Was going to B/D party Thursday but moved to tomorrow. I hate getting drunk on Wednesdays.

Does anyone know what the restrictions will be on sale of alcohol in shops and restaurants on Thursday and Friday? Will it be banned both days?

Thanks for letting me know, i better buy triple the amount on wednesday then!

Coffee mug/Tea Cups for your drinking purposes, most bars just darken, no music play and pretend they aren't serving.

Also have option of hotel bars.. needless to say the atmosphere is shi*e, but if you need the grog there will be places serving.

Thanks, but what will be the cutoff time for purchase from supermarkets on Wednesday? (Sorry, should have asked this in the original post.)

I would guess when they close at 10-11pm but if i was you i would go earlier just in case!

I stocked up in advance yesterday, I bought enough to cover all scenarios including my feral inlaws from up north and when they smell a freebee they go all the way until our larder and cellar are bare. My wife knows the rules, I stock up on food and booze and when depleted they're told there's no more and they vacate our premises as though it's on fire. The wife pulled a classic yesterday and she told me that I should give her 2 brothers 1,000 baht each for diesel to drive down to our home in Bkk, my reply was if they can't afford to get here then do what I do when I'm short of cash....stay home.

So, thus far, like most things in the country, nobody knows the answer!

Thats because were a bunch of foreigners who all just post with guess work lol. If you want the real answers go ask the thai people.

Are you Thai? If so can you please share with us farangs your infinite wisdom on the subject please.

I was in Soi Cowboy last night and was told that all the bar's there will be closed on Friday.

This is correct.Everything closed friday but open tomorrow.

So now you all know :o

I heard the same with one slight difference - there will be no alcohol sold, soft drinks only. Now I dont know how well this will be enforced.

Will the bars close at midnight tonight though ? I didnt consider this - I was thinking of going out for an all nighter tonight due to there being no chance of drinking on Thursday / Friday

Jeezus...only couple of dry days as if the world is coming to the end.

If you can afford it drink in a five star hotel.

If not stock up by 11:00 PM on Wednesday.

For me I'm on my way to Tesco to grab a couple cases of my favorite holy water

I was in Soi Cowboy last night and was told that all the bar's there will be closed on Friday.

This is correct.Everything closed friday but open tomorrow.

So now you all know :o

I heard the same with one slight difference - there will be no alcohol sold, soft drinks only. Now I dont know how well this will be enforced.

Will the bars close at midnight tonight though ? I didnt consider this - I was thinking of going out for an all nighter tonight due to there being no chance of drinking on Thursday / Friday

I really don't think the bars will shut at midnight.

It seems everywhere is closed.. Was going to B/D party Thursday but moved to tomorrow. I hate getting drunk on Wednesdays.

I guess i am gonna have to stock up today then, although i can live without alcohol for almost a week ( :o ) Just the idea of knowing that i cant get it IF i want it, makes me wanna drink.

It seems to be such a success, that perhaps there will be more banning of alcohol on various national holidays in the future.

Alarming accident figures during the Songkran holiday early this year prompted Interior Minister Chalerm Yubamrung to float the idea of banning the sale of alcohol during all national festivals, drawing a furious response from drinkers.

But the idea was latched on to by Bangkok Governor Apirak Kosayodhin. He took it up and ordered his staff to conduct a poll from April 25 to May 9 to find out what people would think if alcohol sales were banned on New Year's Day and during the Songkran festival.

The poll surveyed 21,834 people in Bangkok and surrounding areas. Of these, 19,921 were asked to fill in questionnaires, 47 posted their opinions on the issue in the BMA's website and 1,866 voiced their views on public service radio stations Jor Sor 100 and Sor Wor Por 91.

It found 75% agreed that alcohol sales should be banned on New Year's Day and during Songkran. Some 58% said the ban should cover all festivals while 77% believed the ban would help cut accident and crime rates.

Alcohol Restrictions

Perhaps it's just a matter of time. Legislating morality, what a keen idea!

I just thank my higher power that I haven't touched the stuff in over 13-years.