90 Day Report

When/where have people that do the 90 day report actually been caught and fined? Obviously at the 90 day reporting counter if one go and confess/arrange for fresh start - but where else? Is it at the airport at exit? Or when extending stay in the country? Or when purchasing a re-entry permit? Etc.

In short; where is it checked?

Cheers!

Thanks Lop! :D

Anybody else with some real life experience?

I tried to search on this page for 90 day reporting "captures" to read about other situations but the TV search engine complains that some of the search words are below 5 letters.. :o

How can I see a list of posts about that?

Cheers!

I've never reported and I've never had a problem. I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for not reporting either.

I don't know if a one-year visa is helpful in this case. I've gotten a one-year visa for the past several years.

I've never reported and I've never had a problem. I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for not reporting either.

I don't know if a one-year visa is helpful in this case. I've gotten a one-year visa for the past several years.

FYI, the 90-day reports are computerized at Immigration and one day, in the never never, that data base will be tied into Departure Control at Swampyboom and other exits from the LoS, and ....  get out your wallet.

Mac

It currently appears to be checked most often at 90 day reporting and when making request for residency letters.

Yes that is when I got caught.

Actually I was alright as generally do not stay more that 90 days,

but my wife was fined for not reporting my arrival.

She was not amused.................... :o

Mmush; you drunk? :o Nope nothing false - if you don't know what we are talking about then just abstain from posting. :D

Galong; so you left country many times with no issue I presume? I have 1 year extensions too.

Thanya; good point. The future is however the future - I am talking now... If I cound read the future my stock trading returns would be much better :D

Astral; dam_n that is hard! So not 90 day reporting rule but the "24 hour address"-rule (for farang staying at hotel/private home) I guess?

Cheers!

I have been fined THB 2000 for reporting late for the 90 days, after being caught on a construction boat in the gulf of Thailand in bad weather...so it does happen..

Soutpeel; wauw! in my combined 5 years+ in Thailand nobody has ever (leaving out the 90 day reporting counter) shown ANY interest in the 90 day reporting.

And there you are in the middle of nowhere getting busted..... Sorry mate!

Cheers!

I have been fined THB 2000 for reporting late for the 90 days, after being caught on a construction boat in the gulf of Thailand in bad weather...so it does happen..

Soutpeel; wauw! in my combined 5 years+ in Thailand nobody has ever (leaving out the 90 day reporting counter) shown ANY interest in the 90 day reporting.

And there you are in the middle of nowhere getting busted..... Sorry mate!

Cheers!

Sorry MATE...my original posting badly written....not "caught" offshore...but getting back home...went down to the immigration and was fined....If you are on an W/P extension of stay etc..you do get fined if you are late reporting.... been 7 years and first time happened to me...