The Great Anti-oxidant Thaivisa Poll!

Jingthing

Do you take antioxidants to promote health/prevent diseases?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We are all going to be dead before we know all the answers about what is good for you, what is bad for you. All we can, those that care to do something, is do the best we can with the knowledge we have. I personally think it is quite reasonable to eat antioxidants everyday. Probably best not to overdo it though, because, who knows, that could be bad for you as well.

My daily takes are Vitamin E, B-Complex and One-A-Day. I also drink a glass of (2%) milk, a glass of canberry juice, an eat one banana every day. When I'm in TL, I would subsitute coconut juice for canberry juice.

Twice a week, I make sure to eat brocoli, and salmon. Munch on nuts (varieties of them) and grape

What I eat (so many years) must be great for my health. :DB) So far I'm lucky (knock on weed). My only trip to the clinic is annual check up. My only complain is a headache which occures when I suffer from the heat from being outside too long. :D

So this about Anti-oxidant works or not work , I'm not really know for sure. But the foods and vitamins I took sure work greatly on my body.

......(knock on weed). :D:o:D .......I meant ' knock on WOOD ' .

Admit it, you meant weed.

L-O-L Ha...ha...ha... :D:D:D

A glass of pomegranate juice every morning, and that's it. Supposed to be good for warding off prostate cancer.

My Thai doctor rolls his eyes and disapproves my drinking of milk and eating cheese regularly. More wholesome than eating the afterbirth of a cow calf I responded. On his reproof for smoking a pack a day which he considered dangerous I pointed out that I had smoked for 57 years and had endured the same mantra from other doctors during that time. All the doctors were now dead and I was still prancing around. Furthermore I had ridden a motorcycle 8 kilometres down Sukhumvit Road to come to see him and would return by the same route. THAT is what I call dangerous.

Sorry that I can't join the health freaks and their obsessional behaviour. Why postpone embarking on life's greatest adventure? Dying. Pity that I'm not Muslim else the thought of a host of virgins awaiting me might lead to me reaching for the aspirin and a bottle of Black Label.

• 2 weeks later...

My research tells me that taking antioxidant (AO) supplements can exacerbate things like cancer (pre-existing condition?) The same research tells me that AO supplements are useless & that a balanced diet will provide all the AO's required. Further (as my research indicates), if one does not have a "balanced" diet, the AO supplements still may not help.

My research tells me that taking antioxidant (AO) supplements can exacerbate things like cancer (pre-existing condition?) The same research tells me that AO supplements are useless & that a balanced diet will provide all the AO's required. Further (as my research indicates), if one does not have a "balanced" diet, the AO supplements still may not help.

What research?

Edited by Jingthing