Suggestions For Software Download Section

^_^

Hi,

I don't wish to sound demanding and I wish to emphasize that I DO appreciate the CONSIDERABLE amount of time & effort Reimar has contributed to get the Software Download section into a tresure chest of freewares :D

Here, I shall tell my experience when using the Software Download Section on ThaiVisa.com

When a user (like me), have read the brief software features and took an interest in a certain piece of freeware in the Software Download Section, the ONLY option left is to download the file and try out the software (while still have a very vague idea of what the software actually do).

Problem:

#1.

Having downloaded and installed the software only to find out that the software was outdated. In this case, gotta re-download and re-install/upgrade/update the software from the author's web site.

#2.

Having installed and tried out the software only to find that isn't exactly what I have in mind.

Solution:

Provide a link to the software author's homepage.

How it may help?

#1.

The software shall be up-to-date.

#2.

The features/functions/manual/system requirement is more detailed and hence would have a better idea whether a certain piece of software is what we think it could/would do.

#3.

Most software author's website would have a working demo to try out before download/installation.

I understand ThaiVisa has a No Commercial Links (unless sponsored) on the forum front-end policy but considering these Links leads to a Freeware, then it isn't a Commercial Link is it?

Hopefully, ThaiVisa would take the above suggestion into consideration.

Guest Reimar

Many of the software I placed are from my own archive where I keep the Files only but not the links!

What's the problem just to google for the later version if needed? It's enough work for to check the function of the progs and that they clean!

Please do not forget that I'm just a volunteer on this forum and didn't get any "payment" for the work I do here. Sometimes an Thank you and many times some Complaints. That applies to the other Mod's as well!

Cheers.

Many of the software I placed are from my own archive where I keep the Files only but not the links!

What's the problem just to google for the later version if needed? It's enough work for to check the function of the progs and that they clean!

Thanks Reimar, as I've specified in my post, I understand the EFFORT you have CONTRIBUTED to this Software Download Section; isn't as easy as it look! :D

Since you don't have the "Links" to the software author's website, that's understandable and that's fine.

Please do not forget that I'm just a volunteer on this forum and didn't get any "payment" for the work I do here. Sometimes an Thank you and many times some Complaints. That applies to the other Mod's as well!

This line IMO is uncalled for as I have already SPECIFIED that it isn't a complaint and just meant to be a SUGGESTION in which I HAVE taken the EFFORT you have already contributed into consideration.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to get on the DEFENSIVE everytime sometime made a comment or suggestion related to YOUR Software Download Section. Afterll, Thaivisa is a open community internet forum...so what do you expect?

Since you VOLUNTEERED like you said, then pls do it willingly like a "Volunteer' instead of sounding like Thaivisa put you to it or like as if EVERY Members whom uses the Software Download Section is INDEBTED to you; IF NOT, then pls stop biting at just about everyone whom made a comment/suggestion related to the Software Download Section.

You may by all means trace back my post...and I'm never offensive. This is my first...maybe it means something(?) or not(?) that's up to you.

:o

Guest Reimar
(:D @ 2008-07-18 21:25:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Thanks Reimar, as I've specified in my post, I understand the EFFORT you have CONTRIBUTED to this Software Download Section; isn't as easy as it look! :D

Since you don't have the "Links" to the software author's website, that's understandable and that's fine.

This line IMO is uncalled for as I have already SPECIFIED that it isn't a complaint and just meant to be a SUGGESTION in which I HAVE taken the EFFORT you have already contributed into consideration.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to get on the DEFENSIVE everytime sometime made a comment or suggestion related to YOUR Software Download Section. Afterll, Thaivisa is a open community internet forum...so what do you expect?

Since you VOLUNTEERED like you said, then pls do it willingly like a "Volunteer' instead of sounding like Thaivisa put you to it or like as if EVERY Members whom uses the Software Download Section is INDEBTED to you; IF NOT, then pls stop biting at just about everyone whom made a comment/suggestion related to the Software Download Section.

You may by all means trace back my post...and I'm never offensive. This is my first...maybe it means something(?) or not(?) that's up to you.

:o

I wasn't mean you but just in general! So, please don't take it personally because it didn't mean that! And there wasn't anything negative in your post otherwise I had it pointed out clearly.

OK?

Cheers.