How Many Showers A Day Do You Take In Thailand?

Ulysses G.

Chiang Mai, no probs, esp. in winter.

By the way, I hope you're all using the natural deodorant, Alum Stone I think it is, - so cheap it's almost free, and big Western pharma is taking it and flogging it for big bucks at home. And it doesn't block your pores, leave stains, or require stupid packaging. :o I think the Thai word is Saaarn Som - u find it at town markets!

household soda methinks. use it all the time. got half my falang family using it too.

In Florida, take 2 daily - after wake up and before going to bed. Plus extra one during Summer months after doing my errands. :D

In TL. usually 6 and up. Everytime when I step out of air conditioned room for more than half hour, I would feel so unforfy that I have to rush to take a cold shower. :D

It's very annoying to getting dress and undress for a shower. :o:D

Now I found myself spending more time in a pool as much as my time allows. :(:D

How many showers? Hmm, let me think...

Get up - have a shower

Drink coffee, have a poop - have a shower

Go out shopping, get back - have a shower

Work in the garden, go indoors - have a shower

Decide to go out for a meal - have a shower first

Decide to go to bed - have a shower first

Have sex - have a shower after. Have sex in the shower - have a shower.

:o

How many showers? Hmm, let me think...

Get up - have a shower

Drink coffee, have a poop - have a shower

Go out shopping, get back - have a shower

Work in the garden, go indoors - have a shower

Decide to go out for a meal - have a shower first

Decide to go to bed - have a shower first

Have sex - have a shower after. Have sex in the shower - have a shower.

:D

:o:D

and how many times do you clip your toenails? Per day, week, month year? Please enter your answer in the appropriate collum, so they can be tabulated.

I bet most of us are "toenail" biters so we don't need to clip em :o

I've always taken a lot of showers. In San Francisco, I probably took about 4 every day despite the cool weather. In Thailand, I have a quick shower at least 6 times a day besides a 30 minute swim. If I don't shower this often, I just don't feel comfortable. How about other people? :o

2 for me, I like to take cold shower not hot :D

Where can you find a really "cold" shower in Thailand? :D

You could probably buy a temprite that cools draught beer pretty cheap right now with the amount of beer the bars arent selling and hook it up to the shower

I find six showers a day amazing! Are you turning into one of those Howard Huges types :o

It does seriously suggest an obsessive disorder. How do you feel if you are unable/prevented from taking your daily quota of showers?

Lets say you have your routine down to a fine art (which obsessives always do) and it takes you just 10 minutes to have your shower and get dressed again. That is 1 hour a day which is 7 a week which is 1 day every 3 1/2 weeks. Yes thats right you spend 1 day every 3 1/2 weeks in the shower. That is 15 days a year spent in the shower!! Ah well, i guess i spend three weeks a year sat on the toilet reading the newspaper :D

Actually, I prefer a bath, much more relaxing. But, bathtubs are hard to find here, outside of hotels & upscale houses. Global home supply has some two person tubs, in the 100,000 bht range, for you gentlemen of means. Hopefully, you have got a Thai GF or wife gutsy enough to get in together with you. Happy snorkeling.

Two...unless I get a nooner...then it's three...unless I get an early evening ride on the Y express...then it's four...unless the Farang Princess is really horny, then it is five or six and then a ride to the hospital for oxygen.

Edited by farang prince

Lets say you have your routine down to a fine art (which obsessives always do) and it takes you just 10 minutes to have your shower and get dressed again.

each of the 3-5 showers which i am taking daily takes 3 minutes (except when shampooing my hair). getting undressed takes 8-10 seconds, getting dressed takes 12-15 seconds. i'm always barefoot at home and my "dress" consists of underpants, t-shirt and shorts.

I find six showers a day amazing! Are you turning into one of those Howard Huges types :D

It does seriously suggest an obsessive disorder. How do you feel if you are unable/prevented from taking your daily quota of showers?

It is not about "quotas".

I need to take a shower when I wake up. I go to work in the morning and later in the morning, I go to the gym on my bicycle and work out on the Elliptical machine and light weights and take another shower before swimming. I take one after swimming to get the chlorine off. I ride my bicycle to lunch and get all sweaty and go home and take a shower and take an hour nap. I take another shower before work in the evening and the last one before bed.

I would feel grimy if I missed any of them in this heat. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Are you counting use of the water hose next to the toilet as a shower? There's a french word for it. Sounds like beday. If so, the number does revolve around sex and defecating.

I thought 4 to six showers/quick squirts with the beday was a cultural thing here. Back home, I take 1 a day (no bedays) unless I get really lucky, then, maybe two.