Why Is Thaivisa So Popular?

tomuk76

Just interested to know why thaivisa is so popular??

What i mean is why isnt there forums like this devoted to any of the hundreds of other countries in the world! How many members on here 70,000+!

Im curious to know why?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thailand breeds idleness. hence here we are.

So do many other countries! R u sure your telling the thruth with a avatar like that?

the other countries are too idle and don't even have the motivation to get online. Thailand is right in the middle.

What i mean is why isnt there forums like this devoted to any of the hundreds of other countries in the world! How many members on here 70,000+!

Im curious to know why?

Personally..I enjoy winding up anally retentive, arrogant, full of their own importance type people that are on this forum....

Farangs in Thailand are underworked & overpaid. Thus they have shitloads of time to spend on such a site.

No no, that cant be the reason. There most be another reason :o

our wives won't let us out of the house after sun down. so we sit at the computer alone drinking beer talking to each other looking for a purpose.

Farangs in Thailand are underworked & overpaid. Thus they have shitloads of time to spend on such a site.

No no, that cant be the reason. There most be another reason :D

user-online.pngmrt273nva, yes I see the light. :o

One reason I see here are people venting off Thailand problems. Can't do it with their Thai friends. :D

our wives won't let us out of the house after sun down. so we sit at the computer alone drinking beer talking to each other looking for a purpose.

Funny you should say that. Im sat here after drinking a small bottle of sangsom and thinking of something to post on thaivisa because im so bored im not allowed to go out to. hehe

No no, that cant be the reason. There most be another reason :D

Sorry...there is no other reason. :D

Im curious to know why?

Personally..I enjoy winding up anally retentive, arrogant, full of their own importance type people that are on this forum....

Are you calling me "anally retentive"? Are you winding me up? Let me tell you that I am <insert nationality> & I am deeply <insert rest of rant here>.

Lol :o

I can empathise with that. :D

Funny you should say that. Im sat here after drinking a small bottle of sangsom and thinking of something to post on thaivisa because im so bored im not allowed to go out to. hehe

well there you go. in a land where penis dismemberment is the highest in the world, we all tend to do what the missus says. and for good reason. i can't imagine myself outside right now. things might get ugly.

edit: i can go outside for a cigarette. but thats about it right now. i'll check this thread when i get back.

Edited by mrt273nva

I see here are people venting off Thailand problems. Can't do it with their Thai friends. :o

you mean you can't do it with your Thai friends.

People have thai 'friends'? what the hel_l do you talk about? We have nothing in common at all.

Never had a thai 'friend' and never will.

I see here are people venting off Thailand problems. Can't do it with their Thai friends. :o

People have thai 'friends'? what the hel_l do you talk about? We have nothing in common at all.

No thai freinds and u have lived here for 10 years?? you most be paranoid! time to go back to the uk aint it john?

I see here are people venting off Thailand problems. Can't do it with their Thai friends. :D

No thai freinds and u have lived here for 10 years?? you most be paranoid! time to go back to the uk aint it john?

Ha ha sorry tom old son, but i aint biting.

All i will say is, please stop stalking me little grasshopper :o

In a way, I agree with John2. Thai friends are usually deeply cultural (same as deeply religious) & therefore will not easily discuss, let alone agree or disagree with, things about which a farang needs to speak. As a consequence, the only resort is Thaivisa. I'm sure that Thaivisa is like a drug to some people.

Edited by elkangorito

In a way, I agree with John2. Thai friends are usually deeply cultural (same as deeply religious) & therefore will not easily discuss, let alone agree or disagree with, things about which a farang needs to speak. As a consequence, the only resort is Thaivisa. I'm sure that Thaivisa is like a drug to some people.

'in a way' you agree? Get off the fence,you either do or you don't?

I can never ever see myself going out for a drink with a thai man,apart from having nowt to speak about everybody automatically thinks you are both gay.

If i went out with a group that my gf knew i would probably tag along to keep her losing face but would be completley bored and also you would be expected to pay the bill as usual.

Edited by JOHN2

'in a way' you agree? Get off the fence,you either do or you don't?

I can never ever see myself going out for a drink with a thai man,apart from having nowt to speak about everybody automatically thinks you are both gay.

If i went out with a group that my gf knew i would probably tag along to keep her losing face but would be completley bored and also you would be expected to pay the bill as usual.

I was trying to be sensible. Since you don't respond to "sensible", GET A LIFE!!!

Very simple, IMHO ...

- there is a large expat interest in the country whether for family, employment, tourism or other reasons

- there are many wise and worldy forum members who know well of what they speak

and last but not least ...

- it is a well-moderated forum where even people (like me :o) who occasionally get out of line are corrected and instructed to play by the rules.

I may be wrong but I suspect we may be answering the wrong question. Let me rephrase it:

Why does Thailand have a forum with 70,000 members when other expat-friendly countries have forums with far fewer members?

What is there about Thailand that encourages so much attention compared to other countries?

Why is there a Thaivisa but not a Philipinnesvisa? or a Mexicovisa or a CostaRicaVisa? or a Hondurasvisa?

Edited by cophen

Same same Thais.

Oops. A correction. I have just received a communique from the War Office. She orders me to point out that she is an exception to the above statement. Sorry terak.

Edited by Bagwan