Negative Postings

Big Guy

I have been a board member here for quite a long time but post infrequently because there are so many negative people posting on this forum. There is lots of useful information for falangs interested in thailand or involved already, but so many people are so negative about everything. If they dislike it so much, just leave the place alone. If you can't make constructive posts don't make any. Just get a life. And to the Mods, I believe this to be the view of many expats, and others involved in thailand, It is up to you to help sort it out.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, even if the General and especially the "News clipping" forums are a bit of a jungle, I found the sub forums are usually well policed and quite informative.

Now, like on real TV, you have the trashy shows and the Discovery Channel, but guess which ones bring the more advertising dollars ?

One solution would be to make the sub forum more preeminent and make selective banning. Allow people who can't behave but make good entertainment in some forums but ban them from more "family oriented" forums.

I think it's the nature of a site such as this that there will be a lot of negative comments. Many of the situations and problems presented would be hard to address without negative comments--and when there is a death or suicide, it's really not received well to respond with something like: "Sure am glad he's gone."

I have been a board member here for quite a long time but post infrequently because there are so many negative people posting on this forum. There is lots of useful information for falangs interested in thailand or involved already, but so many people are so negative about everything. If they dislike it so much, just leave the place alone. If you can't make constructive posts don't make any. Just get a life. And to the Mods, I believe this to be the view of many expats, and others involved in thailand, It is up to you to help sort it out.

Isn't the above a negative post? :D

Fancy taking the time to write it in the first place.

Pot, kettle, black and so on. :o

John.....

John.....

I love it here everything is super great. This is the greatest place in the world with greatest and smartest people anywhere. Yes I do even drink the clean and safe tap water

Actually, even if the General and especially the "News clipping" forums are a bit of a jungle, I found the sub forums are usually well policed and quite informative.

Now, like on real TV, you have the trashy shows and the Discovery Channel, but guess which ones bring the more advertising dollars ?

One solution would be to make the sub forum more preeminent and make selective banning. Allow people who can't behave but make good entertainment in some forums but ban them from more "family oriented" forums.

Good points raised here.

Most of the "dodgy" threads are in "General Topics", but they're easy to spot. (Perhaps we should keep quiet about the other forums to prevent the cancer spreading? :D)

The Thailand News Clippings forum is the best IMHO - some really intelligent posts by the "old hands" and excellent articles posted by Sriracha Johnny boy. :o

Typical whinging, however doubt you will stop whinging here because people like to be heard.

I sometimes feel I am talking to a brick wall,

Don't be so negative ! :o

I always look on the bright side of life no matter what – brick walls have nice colors. :D

People are entitled to express their opinions and hopefully are relating truthfull and factual information, regarding their experinces here in LOS. There is good and bad, as in everywhere else. But, there are issues, particularly those regarding money and relationships, which should have considerable scrutiny. If a few lucky gents are fortunate enough to be living on easy street here with no problems, that does not mean the rest of the expat pack enjoy such status. Being wary can avoid many unfortunate and expensive "surprises" later down the road of life.

The Thailand News Clippings forum is the best IMHO - some really intelligent posts by the "old hands" and excellent articles posted by Sriracha Johnny boy. :o

Hello, Jetset

2j203jpg.jpg

SJ, you seem to have a great sense of humor, why don't you show it more often ? :D:D:D

John.....

Ha ! I was going to say (much) the same thing earlier ! :D

But the way things have been going lately, I figured my post would just get deleted anyways, so why bother ?

I too have been a member for a long time, and I think things are going quite nicely. The odd bad apple comes along once in awhile and gets dealt with. Not sure what the OP expects, unless he's hoping that the Mods will start turning the forum into a police state where only those topics/posts and opinions that match the OPs will be allowed ? (Plenty of places like that out there already)

I wonder if anyone ever gives any thought to just how difficult it is to run a forum like this ? The behind the scenes work to keep the machine running smoothly (including weeding out some of those "bad apples" before they get a chance to make any posts, negative or not), plus all the posts made everyday by people around the world, that have to be vetted by the mods to ensure they are within the rules. They can't ever where all the time, and every so often, something slips through the cracks (but doesn't usually last long in any event).

Then you have to deal with the fact that what may be considered a "negative post" by one person, maybe viewed as "constructive criticism" by another.

There are thousands of members on here, and to expect that they will all think, conform and post in a way that you would consider positive is asking a bit much.

I would quote a piece of the OPs post here in closing, but someone might consider that to be "negative" !

so basically you are saying any posting that doesn't agree with your ethos of don't criticise Thailand should be removed?

yes the mods will love you, you're gonna be the number 1 boy.

Gawd help us all

You know I'm beginning the think there are more posts about negative posts than there are actual negative posts.

I guess there is no shortage of people wishing to deny others an opinion, or the right to express it.

This is the most moderated site I've ever seen. It's so moderated it doesn't see where it's going.

Moderation is extremely tedious; it allows the weak to bully the strong.

I would suggest a "general topics II" forum, where unmoderated posts can be made. Only a libertarian approach to posting teases out the 'real' issues. What we have now is a sanitised version of life in Thailand, and that should interest no-one.

I guess there is no shortage of people wishing to deny others an opinion, or the right to express it.

You don't have far to go to see a whole lot of that, where you are now ! :D

TV is like a Utopian paradise compared to some places (much like Thailand itself in that regard). :o

This is the most moderated site I've ever seen. It's so moderated it doesn't see where it's going.

As opposed to what? The strong bullying the weak?

Yup. It's the natural order of things.

Haven't you heard of Darwinism? It made quite a stir a while ago, you know.

You don't have far to go to see a whole lot of that, where you are now !

Absolutely right, but then I didn't come here to express opinions, I came here to get a job done and get paid a shed full of money while doing it.

I come to ThaiVisa to express opinions.

Then you have to deal with the fact that what may be considered a "negative post" by one person, maybe viewed as "constructive criticism" by another.

Agree, to a point ...

so basically you are saying any posting that doesn't agree with your ethos of don't criticise Thailand should be removed?

yes the mods will love you, you're gonna be the number 1 boy.

Gawd help us all

What's constructive with that post ????

Yup. It's the natural order of things.

Haven't you heard of Darwinism? It made quite a stir a while ago, you know.

That's why Thaivisa has moderators - so the bullies don't take over. If you think that only the strong are entitled to opinions there are other Thai-related forums available. They are uniformly far less pleasant than Thaivisa.

Edited by cophen

I've noticed a certain commonality in these 'People who express negative views about Thailand should go home' type threads.

The people who start them seldom seem very bright.

It's true, some people dream of a life without losers.

But I understand you point, where will you go ?

Are you sure you are strong enough to express an opinion here ? :D

Aren't you worried all the weaklings will gang up on you and sissy-slap you around ? :o

Are you sure you are strong enough to express an opinion here ? :D

Aren't you worried all the weaklings will gang up on you and sissy-slap you around ? :o

I have to admit, The Don is a bit scary - That right arm of his looks like it's had a lot of exercise.