Negative Postings

Big Guy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My hat is off to the moderators. It must take a lot of their time. In order to relieve some of the responsibility, I would suggest a mechanism to report repeat offenders by the members themselves.

That ability is already in place.

If you see a post that you think is offensive or in violation of the forum rules, you just have to click the "Report" button at the bottom left corner of the post. This lets the mods know right away that there may be an issue they have to deal with.

However, if you start using it every time you see a post that you simply don't like, or doesn't conform with your ideas, you may find that you suddenly have lots of time to browse other places. :o

Oh hells bells. Don't tell him that Kerryd. I'll face a life of eternal suspensions and the mods will be inundated with complaints about me.

Oh hells bells. Don't tell him that Kerryd. I'll face a life of eternal suspensions and the mods will be inundated with complaints about me.

:D

Oddly enough, as I was typing that, I had you in mind ! :D I considered (for a brief few seconds) about not mentioning the report button, thinking that is exactly what would happen.

(not that anyone would ever complain about your posts of course) :o

...If you see a post that you think is offensive or in violation of the forum rules, you just have to click the "Report" button at the bottom left corner of the post. This lets the mods know right away that there may be an issue they have to deal with...

Absolutely correct, and I would like to expand on that. Some of you may have noticed that very often when somebody replies to a trollish post, flame, nonsensical post or otherwise off-topic post this is followed by many more replies to the objectionable post and/or replies to it. This will then make cleaning up the topic very cumbersome and time-consuming and depending on the mood of the moderator dealing with it he may chose to simply close or delete the topic rather than clean up other people’s sh... If, however, the objectionable post is immediately reported, a clean-up is easy and done so quickly that most members won’t even become aware of the hick-up in the topic.

Every member a policeman? Not at all, but members who are fond of ThaiVisa trying to protect something that they have grown to appreciate. Something like self-preservation.

--

Maestro