Blue Screen - Ive Never Had This Before

razor

Ive just booted up my computer and all I get is this blue screen , no matter what I try on the key board I can't get the blue screen to go away

even if I reboot , the blue screen comes back , I am running Windows XP Home . can some one please tell me what I have to do to get back to Normal ... :o

post-161-1216617594_thumb.jpg

post-161-1216617674_thumb.jpg

Ive just booted up my computer and all I get is this blue screen , no matter what I try on the key board I can't get the blue screen to go away

even if I reboot , the blue screen comes back , I am running Windows XP Home . can some one please tell me what I have to do to get back to Normal ... :o

First try to start your Windows with the "Last known good configuration" (F5 or F8 key pushed several times immediatly after boot has started)

If you get this blue screen again, boot your Windows into safe mode

If not successfull, open your PC, check all cable and card connections.

Try it again.

Try XP repair

It can be an hardware issue, but not sure

Edited by webfact

Driver problem, the bsod refers to ati2cqag.dll, which is part of the driver for an ATI Radeon video card.

Run your computer in save mode, (F8 to get the menu in order to run save mode, if not automatically displayed at next reboot), remove the driver, get the newest driver, or one that does work, and install that one. To remove the driver, run device manager.

Driver problem, the bsod refers to ati2cqag.dll, which is part of the driver for an ATI Radeon video card.

Run your computer in save mode, (F8 to get the menu in order to run save mode, if not automatically displayed at next reboot), remove the driver, get the newest driver, or one that does work, and install that one. To remove the driver, run device manager.

This is the best place to start. If it still doesn't boot after removing the driver, I'd start checking components in the following order

1) Graphics card fan

2) Graphics card - Do you have onboard graphics you could use? If so, remove the graphics adapter and boot from onboard.

3) RAM - Try booting with each stick individually (assuming you're computer is capable of booting with one stick).

4) Power supply - Is the fan in the PSU running? Try unplugging any extra hard drives, removing any non essential cards, and all but one stick of RAM, and see if it boots into XP.

These are all the least time consuming options you can easily perform.

Upgrade to Vista. Ive never had any problems since I did last year. No hassle and love all the extras you get. You will probably get told not to by the MS bashers but Ive found they like to bash but dont like to buy!! :o

I had the same thing happen to my 4 year old laptop a couple of weeks ago. The thing just crapped out and died. I could not even get it to boot in safe mode. So I decided to reinstall from the original disk/DVD and of course it did not work and now the screen is just dark :o So I said forget it and bought a laptop with VISTA. Maybe on my next trip to Thailand, I will bring the busted one and get it looked at.

TheWalkingMan

I had the same thing happen to my 4 year old laptop a couple of weeks ago. The thing just crapped out and died. I could not even get it to boot in safe mode. So I decided to reinstall from the original disk/DVD and of course it did not work and now the screen is just dark :o So I said forget it and bought a laptop with VISTA. Maybe on my next trip to Thailand, I will bring the busted one and get it looked at.

TheWalkingMan

you could use the laptop to run on Ubuntu Linux.

Can't go wrong using it :D

TB..

First Thanks to every one who commented on my problem, its apprecaited , well the problem was finally tracked to the Graphics card Driver, which I removed and replaced,and now happy to report all's back to normal ... Thanks :o