Buying A Mattress - Best Place, Brand?

MisterMan

Well its time to move and the house of course has a mattress already. :o (its the blue and white striped one. )

I would like to buy one under 20K but more then 10K. Just had a look at the SB Design Square furniture website and the Index Living mall. Any suggestions?

They have quite a few i those ranges.

Also how about Home Pro?

Thanks for any answers.

Well its time to move and the house of course has a mattress already. :D (its the blue and white striped one. )

I would like to buy one under 20K but more then 10K. Just had a look at the SB Design Square furniture website and the Index Living mall. Any suggestions?

They have quite a few i those ranges.

Also how about Home Pro?

Thanks for any answers.

Just past Lotus heading south on the right, just after the petrol station, large store there, the hotel ones are good and cheap if YOU are not sleeping on them all the time :o

We bought a couple of mattresses at HomePro last year on a promotion. The more expensive one was a Serta, at around 24K, and the cheaper one was a Theraflex for 10K. No problems with either one, although the cheaper one is in a guest bedroom and doesn't get used as much. Strangely enough, we bought them at Home Pro, but they were delivered by Index Living Mall. Something about an accident and fire with the truck delivering the mattresses from Bangkok.

Don't know how much time you have, but mattresses are one of those things that tend to have high markups - so it pays to wait for a promotion where the discount can be substantial.

I believe you get what you pay for in mattresses. I bought mine at a place that we call "orange" that is a fairly big furniture store across the road from the PTT station on Choafa East road about half way to Phuket town from Chalong. I laid down on all of them before making my choice. It's been 1 1/2 years now and it is still in excellent shape. good luck Mister Man. We missed you at the Thai Visa party.

I have the best King size matress I ever had (and I moved a lot and had many matresses from fancy Latex to octagon shaped ones).

I got it from Central, it's a Slumberland and the model is "Wales". Slumberland has many models and most other models I tried are not as good as this one.

It's also one of the most expensive ones, I am sure it was over 20k baht, so maybe out of your budget, but if you see it anywhere it's worth to try and consider it.

there is a shop on the road on the way to the airport. just past the monument/round about, you need to do a u-turn and come back a little bit. the shop is called SLEEP MAID i think, and they sell all kinds of bedding (mattresses, pillows, sheets, quilts etc) for hotels.

they have the ugly prison stripes, but they can make up a great gold colour too.

my last place in phuket had sleepmaker i think and it was wonderful. not sure of the cost as it came with the house.

A budget decent mattress is the Sleepmate York at about 8000 baht, available at Orange and Sentral. We have these in most of our guesthouse rooms and they are pretty good. Sleepmate is a subsidiary of Slumberland.

If you are after something more expensive look for promotions. They are fairly regular at Central, HomePro and SB Furniture. 70% discounts are not uncommon.

Didnt know there was such a high markup . NEver thought of it really. Thanks for that tip.

Is the theraflex ok? Is the serta worth the extra?

The Theraflex seems to be holding up just fine, although it doesn't get constant use. It was one of the cheapest models in the store, and seemed to be a good value for the money.

The Serta is what we have in the master bedroom. It's an extremely comfortable pillowtop.

Another little quirk of the bedding trade - the big manufacturers in the US will label the same mattress with a unique model name for each of their bigger retail customers, making it impossible for consumers to compare prices for the same mattress among different stores. Not sure if they do that in Thailand as well.

• 3 years later...

A budget decent mattress is the Sleepmate York at about 8000 baht, available at Orange and Sentral. We have these in most of our guesthouse rooms and they are pretty good. Sleepmate is a subsidiary of Slumberland.

If you are after something more expensive look for promotions. They are fairly regular at Central, HomePro and SB Furniture. 70% discounts are not uncommon.

Yes, we also recently bought four "Slumberland, Sleepmate, York - Extra Firm Support", for our Guesthouse in Chiang Dao. All the guest love it and come down in them morning, with many of them saying, it was the best sleep, they had in Thailand.

We bought them for 7500 Baht each, in Chiang Mai, on the Superhighway, in a Thai furniture place, near Macro.

Soft enough to be comfortable and also has great back support. I bought a Sealy Postropedic a few years ago, but I like this Slumberland model better. No back pain at all, anymore :-)

Yes, we also recently bought four "Slumberland, Sleepmate, York - Extra Firm Support", for our Guesthouse in Chiang Dao. All the guest love it and come down in them morning, with many of them saying, it was the best sleep, they had in Thailand.

We bought them for 7500 Baht each, in Chiang Mai, on the Superhighway, in a Thai furniture place, near Macro.

Soft enough to be comfortable and also has great back support. I bought a Sealy Postropedic a few years ago, but I like this Slumberland model better. No back pain at all, anymore :-)

Forgot to mention, we bought it in Chiang Mai and it included two comfortable pillows

Latex,

the best night's sleep you will ever have.

There was a string on the CM forum quite a while back where somone had a deal with a factory outlet in BKK, A fraction of the cost in Phuket (all Russian and Korean owned). I have a couple and they are fantastic.

LP