Can You Still Get A Certificate Of Residence At Immigration?

pluto_manibo

I know things have changed in the recent past and depending on location some of us foreigners now need to obtain a certificate of residence from our respective embassys' or is still possible for us Pattayans' to get the certificate of residence from the immigration office in Jomtien??

I know things have changed in the recent past and depending on location some of us foreigners now need to obtain a certificate of residence from our respective embassys' or is still possible for us Pattayans' to get the certificate of residence from the immigration office in Jomtien??

the immigtation office in Jomtiem will issue this certificate - if i recall, the cost was about 200 baht and requires copies of your passport pages, proff of your residency ( chanod if you own condo or house) or a letter from the owner if you rent and a couple of recent pics of you - drop off this in the morning and the certificate is ready in the afternoon - i gave this back to the Honda Dealer where i bought my car and they handled getting me the plates from the Thai DMV

I paid B200 last week for 2 copies, one for driving licence and one for motorbike,

Just gave copy of passport and copy of lease agreement, no problem at Jomtien immigtation, unfortnately I went just before the holiday so I had to collect on Monday but as always I found then to be courteous and helpful/

• 1 month later...

the immigtation office in Jomtiem will issue this certificate - if i recall, the cost was about 200 baht and requires copies of your passport pages, proff of your residency ( chanod if you own condo or house) or a letter from the owner if you rent and a couple of recent pics of you - drop off this in the morning and the certificate is ready in the afternoon - i gave this back to the Honda Dealer where i bought my car and they handled getting me the plates from the Thai DMV

What would be considered proof of residency? house is in my wifes name so would bank statements or similar showing my address be acceptable to apply for certificate of residency?

Frank

Free in some immigration offices, but one of the forms, the statement of your house owner, has to be countersigned at your local police station. (Friday 5 september, Nong Bua lamphu). This is just to prove - and remind - that there is no consistency throuhout the Kingdom.

Free in some immigration offices, but one of the forms, the statement of your house owner, has to be countersigned at your local police station. (Friday 5 september, Nong Bua lamphu). This is just to prove - and remind - that there is no consistency throuhout the Kingdom.

Should be free in all immigration offices. Notice that in Jomtien it's omitted from the posted schedule of fees. However, you're charged a fee in Jomtien as a Pattaya corruption fee for stupid farang. Hence, they will refuse to give you a receipt. I asked for one and was told, "This is for service," as if receipts aren't normally given for payments for services.

At Suan Plu in Bangkok they wanted 200 baht which I paid. Then was told they would mail it to me in TWO WEEKS.

Afterward my Thai friend said I should have given the lady 400 baht and I might have gotten it that day or the next day.

Then I went to Jomtien, paid 200 baht and picked up the same day. Much better.

Oh yes, just about two weeks later the certificate came from Bkk office!

What would be considered proof of residency? house is in my wifes name so would bank statements or similar showing my address be acceptable to apply for certificate of residency?

Frank

Proof will be a copy of the pages of your wife's house book and wife's ID card and possibly a copy of marriage certificate. The bank and cable invoices won't cut it.

• 7 months later...

ANY Bangkok applicants can confirm this?

does it really take 2 weeks?

i thought it was FREE is that true?

i need to colect my car tomorrow so i would love some up to date info on what docs required?

i need to colect my car tomorrow so i would love some up to date info on what docs required?

I will let you know tomorrow. I have to head down there myself for my Thai DL. I'm thinking I might try the 400Baht approach to ensure I get it immediately lol.

From what I am understanding via the new laws if I'm not mistaken, if you have to apply for visa extensions in the area in which you live now. IE, you can't get extensions in Pattaya if you live in BKK, I am to assume, the same would be said for a residence certificate.

If thats not the case, then I might just skip the visit to the BKK proper office, and wait till I return to Pattay in 2 days.

It is free everywhere, the 400 baht is a donation, if you mention, politely of course, that you read on the web site that a certificate of residence was free, you will get a shrug and an "up to you".

It is not mentioned on the fee schedule, nor is a receipt provided , because its FREE.

Frank

Dont worry about a drivers lic. Let erindoors do all the driving as you would have the car in her name, along with your house. Im surprised though that she hasnt got the bank accounts in her name yet!!!

You were ripped off then!!! Got one today for 200 baht at Jomtien Immigration.

(Having lived in Hua Hin and Bangkok over the past 12 months I can confirm that the immigration offices also charge 200 Baht and if you go to Thai immgration Office at Bangkok, Soi Suan Plu, it is printed in Thai that the charge is 200Baht)

You will not get this with a tourist Visa.

You need this residence doc, for many items, such as buying / selling a vehicle, licences etc, they are normally issued day after application.

(Note only immigration can issue this residence form)

(Copy of passport, all copy pages signed, two photos, completed form, proof of address, ie Bill in YOUR Name, bank statement, {note a Bank statement in either Thai or English is acceptable}, or a rental contract in your name etc.) I have used UK bank statement at Pattaya (today), Bangkok and Hua Hin)

Best :)

my

Inflation strikes - 400 baht 2 months ago.
Edited by Pdavies99

Sorry but wrong.

You can get one with a Tourist visa or even NO visa,

and giving your hotel address.

Very easy in Jomtien... but 200 baht.

I love it when people just go off on one, here I am sitting in Immigration at Jomtien, waiting for my residence certificate, showing the immigration officer your answer on my computer, his response" Come and see us without a visa, they would like to meet you!"...Anyway he said you are quite right a proof of Hotel is acceptable, but not a tourist visa..but maybe he can help you??)

Just trying to help...not an argument! :)

i rew

Sorry but wrong.

You can get one with a Tourist visa or even NO visa,

and giving your hotel address.

Very easy in Jomtien... but 200 baht.

Hi Pdavies99,

(the immigration officer):

Come and see us without a visa, they would like to meet you!

What is wrong with not having a visa in Thailand ?

All those who enter with a "Visa Exemption", 15 or 30 days, have NO visa.

Anyway he said you are quite right a proof of Hotel is acceptable,

but not a tourist visa..but maybe he can help you??

Things changed recently ? :D

I got a Certificate of Residence last year for my Thai Motorbike License on a Tourist Visa...

and I do know a neighbor who bought a motorbike in March (or February ?)

and got a Certificate of Residence at Jomtien... He is here on a 60 days tourist visa... :)

I do think that everybody can yet try to get this Certificate at Jomtien.

I never heard of one refused...

Pattaya46

I love it when people just go off on one, here I am sitting in Immigration at Jomtien, waiting for my residence certificate, showing the immigration officer your answer on my computer, his response" Come and see us without a visa, they would like to meet you!"...Anyway he said you are quite right a proof of Hotel is acceptable, but not a tourist visa..but maybe he can help you??)

Just trying to help...not an argument!

If you were trying to help you wouldn't be showing this thread to an immigration officer. I'll keep the rest of my thoughts regarding your actions to myself as I would not want to incur the wrath of the mods.

In any case, I have gotten a Certificate of Residence many times without a visa, just an entry stamp, you are incorrect.

I will let you know tomorrow. I have to head down there myself for my Thai DL. I'm thinking I might try the 400Baht approach to ensure I get it immediately lol.

From what I am understanding via the new laws if I'm not mistaken, if you have to apply for visa extensions in the area in which you live now. IE, you can't get extensions in Pattaya if you live in BKK, I am to assume, the same would be said for a residence certificate.

If thats not the case, then I might just skip the visit to the BKK proper office, and wait till I return to Pattay in 2 days.

Alrighty, in BKK, 4 days to get mine. I was told I could come and pick up the papers after 2 days, but I got there later in the afternoon, so after this weekend should be golden. Can't do on a tourist visa for sure, that I asked them. So its Non-Imm only, doesn't matter what status, b-o-marriage-or work permit.

Just trying to help...not an argument!

If you were trying to help you wouldn't be showing this thread to an immigration officer. I'll keep the rest of my thoughts regarding your actions to myself as I would not want to incur the wrath of the mods.

In any case, I have gotten !! a Certificate of Residence many times without a visa, just an entry stamp, you are incorrect.

Why not??? Have we all signed the official secrets act?. You were fortunate then, how much in the brown envelope?.

Suan Plu wants to see proof of you living at your address, ie & 90 days reporting slip before issuing.

Jomtien must have quite a relaxed regime there.

In any case, I have gotten !! a Certificate of Residence many times without a visa, just an entry stamp, you are incorrect.

Why not??? Have we all signed the official secrets act?. You were fortunate then, how much in the brown envelope?.

Suan Plu wants to see proof of you living at your address, ie & 90 days reporting slip before issuing.

Jomtien must have quite a relaxed regime there.

Hello, welcome to the big world outside Britland where people speak different dialects of English. Sorry but your version of English is no more proper then mine. I don't expect you to speak my version of English so don't go around trying to inflict your version on me.

No brown envelopes needed. A lease or housebook has been sufficient proof of address for immigration as long as I have been in Thailand.

Regarding this thread, the OP was asking about the Jomtiem immigration office. As it seems you have NOT been visiting the Jomtiem office I fail to see how you can assist.

• 2 months later...
Since "things" change frequently, and last post is May, can anyone please advise on the latest requirements to obtain a Residency Certificate

at San Plu ?

Thanks in advance.

I got the redidency certificate from Bkk Imm in June. All they required was a copy of my passport (data/picture page) and copy of retirement visa and complete a short form. The letter was free but they requested 100 bhat to cover the postage (EMS) when they mailed me the letter two weeks later. If you are in a hurry, and from the USA, and dont mind spending $30.00 you can get the same letter from the consulate and you will get it immediately.

Pattaya yesterday!

Take a ticket for counter 9

Collect the form from the desk fill it out. (This is new)

Take it into the office (counter 9) with:

2 photos

200 baht

Passport

copy of front page of passport

copy of visa page of passport

House book

Copy of house book pages

The officer checks everything and told me to come back at 9 am tomorrow (that's today now)

Pattaya yesterday!

2 photos

200 baht

Passport

House book

Copy of house book pages

The officer checks everything and told me to come back at 9 am tomorrow (that's today now)

Last month when I got my certificate at Bkk Immigration office I asked the lady how much it costs and she said nothing, it was free. I told her that In Pattaya they charged B200. She smiled and said that some Immigrations offices had different rules!

Pattaya yesterday!

2 photos

200 baht

Passport

House book

Copy of house book pages

Last month when I got my certificate at Bkk Immigration office I asked the lady how much it costs and she said nothing, it was free. I told her that In Pattaya they charged B200. She smiled and said that some Immigrations offices had different rules!

Yeah it's another farang tax scam down here :)

I've had to "buy" 5 of these in the past now and it gets tired real fast.

It's especially annoying when getting a bike and car license on the same day at the same transport dept and they still want you to buy 2 of these forms when common sense should prevail and 1 will do the trick.