Tot? Cat?

jackyseymour

A few months ago the wonderful people at TOT finally installed a telephone line and I subscribed to their fantastic hyper speed of light ADSL.

I didn't receive a bill from them for three months, but I did continue to receive bills from CAT for the marvelous HUAWEI dial up modem I had happily suffered for the previous year. I called CAT on the local telephone number helpfully given on their bill to tell them I had indeed now at last had ADSL and had binned their modem some months previously.

I then received a rather nasty telephone call from an old bat at TOT to tell me "You Not Pay!" Before slamming the 'phone down. What lovely customer service. My word. Thai businessmen should surely hold TOT up as a shining beacon of how to run their businesses here.

I duly tiptoed up to TOT, where old bat had vanished and found lone speccy clerk hopelessly attempting to run entire department on his own, juggling ringing 'phones and disgruntled customers. After explaining my problem and his calling another department, it was found that I must indeed call upon all my supernatural powers and guess when a bill from TOT might be due, and go back to the office and pay it. Whatever it might be.

In the meantime, I am still receiving bills, backdated, from CAT for a service I had called to discontinue, on several occasions, but told 'YOU MUST PAY' again.

So. Who the hel_l is responsible for billing for TOT ADSL. TOT or CAT? And if it is CAT, why am I still being billed for a service I have already paid TOT for? Anyone? What a shower. :o:D:D

hmmm..

i got CAT with the ugly wireless phone modem 3 months ago

i paid the machine and for 1month

i never paid any bills, i moved.

its still working.. but i never use it which is why i refuse to pay this highly monthly for about 1kbps that keeps disconnecting

do what u want with that.

Edited by petitechevre

You seem to be talking about multiple problems..

Did you have a CAT aircard / CDMA account.. If so they can pass that problem onto TOT if it comes to your same registered address (same as they can cut off your international phone calling and pass that onto TOT to collect).. Solve that by going to the office, paying off the balance and canceling the service (might have to pay a month or so after).. Lets face it they dont know when a wireless customer has stopped or just gone away for a bit and a phone call doesnt do much, could I call and cancel my enemy neighbors account ?? i would hope no one could cancel m account without going to the office with proof of ID.

As to the TOT bill.. I now have TT&T and get 2 bills for internet and phone. When I had TOT it was much easier, i could walk in the office, with nothing more than my home phone number, tell them over the counter and they would pay off all outstanding balance..

When I had TOT it was much easier, i could walk in the office, with nothing more than my home phone number, tell them over the counter and they would pay off all outstanding balance..

You still can ... TT&T is 80%+ owned by TOT so you can pay your TT&T bill at the TOT office - I did in Phuket (Central) and I do in CM, as I have both TOT andTT&T lines.

Funny thing about CAT is that it control the internet for the whole of Thailand:

http://www.cat.net.th/internetmap/internetmap.html

Even so can't get a CAT line - which if your lucky enough to be able to get should be about the best quality in Thaland.

As for OP - if the post is bad, it is YOUR responsibility to know that you need to pay - 3 months and no bill, come on you know your going to pay the piper some day. A little bit of effort and doing the right thing at the offices would have saved you these problems.

When I had TOT it was much easier, i could walk in the office, with nothing more than my home phone number, tell them over the counter and they would pay off all outstanding balance..

You still can ... TT&T is 80%+ owned by TOT so you can pay your TT&T bill at the TOT office - I did in Phuket (Central) and I do in CM, as I have both TOT andTT&T lines.

Yeah but I cant pay my maxnet bill at TOT (can I ??)..

Before I had one bill for phone and internet now I have 2.. Not a big deal but its made more complex as bills were set up to go to my landlords office and hes out of the country, so I have to guess when its due and go and pay without any numbers or invoices.

Yeah but I cant pay my maxnet bill at TOT (can I ??)..

Before I had one bill for phone and internet now I have 2.. Not a big deal but its made more complex as bills were set up to go to my landlords office and hes out of the country, so I have to guess when its due and go and pay without any numbers or invoices.

Not sure in Phuket (cos I has CS Loxinfo on my TT&T line, so was only paying my TT&T phone bill at TOT) but in CM you can ... in fact if you dont pay your TT&T bill by the due date - they tell you to go to the TOT office to pay.

Whole thing seems daft - why on earth dont TOT just completly swallow up TT&T?, would be a massive cost saving ... another TiT moment!