A Farewell To Pattaya: More People To Leave?

libya 115

Well the import tax must be really high as everything foreign is very expensive. I know that imported things sometimes have a premium price associated with them. However I am from the USA and many of these items are also imported into the USA and much cheaper than Thailand.

These items are mostly meant for Westerners - not a lot of Thais buy them - and are imported into the U.S. in much larger quantities which might be why they are cheaper there - Just a guess. :unsure:

That would make sense. As much as I want it to be a horrible conspiracy against us Farang it could be that. :)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know what Soi 6 was and booked into the Queen Vic for a night. I knew it was a street with bars and girls on it but didn't know it was quite so extreme. No other place in Pattaya has put me on edge as this place did. It has to be the scummiest place I have ever seen on this planet.

Yup; it's awesome. ;)

Thanks for the recommendation. I go to Pattaya all the time and have never been to this particular version of nirvana. :thumbsup:

Can't believe you've never been there. Don't go sober though.

(Chiang Mai could REALLY do with one or two bars of that format. Specifically also that they're open from early afternoon onwards.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I didn't know what Soi 6 was and booked into the Queen Vic for a night. I knew it was a street with bars and girls on it but didn't know it was quite so extreme. No other place in Pattaya has put me on edge as this place did. It has to be the scummiest place I have ever seen on this planet.

Yup; it's awesome. ;)

Thanks for the recommendation. I go to Pattaya all the time and have never been to this particular version of nirvana. :thumbsup:

(Chiang Mai could REALLY do with one or two bars of that format. Specifically also that they're open from early afternoon onwards.)

Ditto

Yup; it's awesome. ;)

Ditto

GGGGRRRRR.

:thumbsup::welcomeani:

A name sake.

I can't stand the place anymore either. Me and my GF are leaving in the next month.

Maybe we will head to Chiang Mai or Isaan. Pattaya is not fun anymore for me. Too much congestion for my tastes and the prices for many things are too expensive. We can live much cheaper up north.

But sadly, you will have very poor air and extremely hot temps for part of the year...one reason we chose not to locate there.

For all you Pattaya haters (and I must say I am not in love with "central" Pattaya), there is a lot more just outside. Away from the mess. But you need a car. I met a couple a few days ago who were looking at Pattaya after leaving Chiang Mai due to the bad air. They now want to leave Pattaya because they think it is a mess...and it is! But they have never even been to Nakula, or Jomtien, or Bang Saray, etc.

After checking out Bang Saray, they were blown away. But...need a car...so they are now contemplating getting a vehicle and researching the outskirts of town. It's nice to be close to Pattaya for all the nightlife, restaurants, movies, shopping, etc...but nice to be away from it all also...I can't even comprehend living in a 8k Baht per month box off 2nd road.

I met a couple a few days ago who were looking at Pattaya after leaving Chiang Mai due to the bad air. They now want to leave Pattaya because they think it is a mess...and it is! But they have never even been to Nakula, or Jomtien, or Bang Saray, etc.

After checking out Bang Saray, they were blown away.

There is a pretty good chance that they will be moaning about it there soon too. Sometimes it is not the place. It is the people. :whistling:

I met a couple a few days ago who were looking at Pattaya after leaving Chiang Mai due to the bad air. They now want to leave Pattaya because they think it is a mess...and it is! But they have never even been to Nakula, or Jomtien, or Bang Saray, etc.

After checking out Bang Saray, they were blown away.

There is a pretty good chance that they will be moaning about it there soon too. Sometimes it is not the place. It is the people. :whistling:

Right on...but they are holed up in a crappy box off 2nd road...living there would want me to escape also! Unfortunately, here in Thailand, there is no "perfect" place for everybody.

It's like where I am from...Vegas. It's a mess! Traffic is crazy and the strip is a standstill most evenings. But, get out of town a bit and you can find some really nice places...locals hardly ever go to the strip or downtown. Only when they have visitors...or heading to work!