Do Not...i Repeat Do Not Leave Thailand

damian5000

There are worst places to be in the world today.

Guantanemo Bay, f'rinstance.

It's actually not a bad place to be stationed. Surf and sand...

I could think of worse places to be than that.

Gila Bend Gunnery Range would be one....

Or the Maricopa County Jail in summertime.

:o I think Joe's tents are hotter than Gila Bend,

and then there is the green baloney sandwich..remember when he was serving up the meat loaf? Now it's only served to those who "misbehave".

Gitmo is a much better slice 'o life. ( unless you're visiting from Afghanistan..free airfare just no windows to look out from )

Told my 23 yr old son, my mom

Thats a bit harsh Mac, You are even older than me, so your Mom must be very old......my Mum could not make the trip from the UK and the States is twice as far. It's just to stressful at that age (80ish)

I decided to move to Thailand, nobody forced me, if I want to see my Sons and Parents....I go BACK, I would not expect them to trek all the way out here to see me, although my two sons do come every other year or so, I go home twice a year to see them as well as my sisters and freinds.

I care about the people I left behind and miss them very much :o

What do you mean you dont have a college degree...

Havent you heard of the University of Ko Sard Road, Bangkok.

15 minutes and 500baht and you are fully qualified my friend.

Richoz

BA, LLB, LLM, BEng, BMed, MBA, Univ of Ko Sarn Rd.

There are worst places to be in the world today.

Guantanemo Bay, f'rinstance.

Blinky just emailed me via his satellite phone; he's in a holding pattern in his {security precludes full disclosure} aircraft over the principality of {same as the above}.

He just wanted me to let you know that it is spelled "Guantanamo" with an accent over the second "a"..... :o

BTW, great scuba diving, so I hear tell from a friend who was stationed there many years ago.

:D

Told my 23 yr old son, my mom

Thats a bit harsh Mac, You are even older than me, so your Mom must be very old......my Mum could not make the trip from the UK and the States is twice as far. It's just to stressful at that age (80ish)

I decided to move to Thailand, nobody forced me, if I want to see my Sons and Parents....I go BACK, I would not expect them to trek all the way out here to see me, although my two sons do come every other year or so, I go home twice a year to see them as well as my sisters and freinds.

I care about the people I left behind and miss them very much :o

I am willing to bet your two sons go home with smiles and are making plans to join Dad in the LOS. :D Chok Dee

I care about the people I left behind and miss them very much :D

The kid's coming over when he finishes college. I am certain that if he is anything remotely like his dad (and I know he is) he won't be returning to the good old ewe ess of eh permanently...

You're right, pauly- I do have a good twing of guilt re: my mom. She'll be 80 this year in Oct; a bit much to ask her to visit- even though she offered. I talked her out of it; too much travel for someone of that age.

As I don't have an extra $3000 for the estimated cost of a 2 week visit back to the US (1300 airfare, 500 rent a car, 1200 misc. walk-around money, etc.) I was wondering if you could sport me, old chap...I will gladly repay you on Wednesday (a la Wimpy). :o

Just kidding, I plan on going back by the end of the year..... :D