George W Bush To Visit Thailand Early Next Month

george

US president to visit Thailand early next month

BANGKOK: -- US President George W Bush will visit Thailand on August 4 - 7, the Thai Foreign Ministry spokesman said Sunday.

Tharit Jarungwat, director-general of the Department of Information, said the US president and the first lady will make an official visit to Thailand as the guests of the government.

Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej will host dinner for the US president and his wife on August 5.

The two leaders will also conduct a talk to strengthen the ties on the 175th anniversary of bilateral relationship.

Tharit said the US president would make his farewell speech for Asian before leaving office.

-- The Nation 2008-07-27

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just what Thailand needs, the man solely responsible for global economic downturn visiting here to impart his 'wisdom' on the thai govt. :o

Get a life..............I think it was you not staying in your home country and paying tax's

just what Thailand needs, the man solely responsible for global economic downturn visiting here to impart his 'wisdom' on the thai govt. :D

That's a little extereme. Solely responsible? Superman he's not.

Is he really going to retire in Pattaya?

Anyway, :o

Yep, part of his Farewell tour of Asia; wrap things up with his visit to China. I for one will be happy to to see his move on; so we can see some improvement in the U.S. status around the world(a strong dollar would be great for starter). Anyway goodbye George, hello John or Barack :o:D to you all. :D

Does Bush plan to retire in Thailand and happily live with a thai ladyboy? :o

He'll just wind up as one of those old, wrinkled, just realized he likes young boys, practicing/pretending/acting gay, farangs hogging up the gay community in Pattaya.

Can you imagine what he could have done if he wasn't so inept? Who else could you misdirect your frustration at?

Is Thailand really a lame excuse for a country? GW and Samak shaking hands, and GW slapping him on the back. They should get along fine, and it will be funny. GW talks too much to be Laurel. Laurel and Hardy is close though.

If you'd ever partied with GW, you wouldn't scream on him so much.

Does Bush plan to retire in Thailand and happily live with a thai ladyboy? :o

He'll just wind up as one of those old, wrinkled, just realized he likes young boys, practicing/pretending/acting gay, farangs hogging up the gay community in Pattaya.

wouldn't the world be a better place if he had a lady boy as a girlfriend? he would be more peacefull instead of launching uncessary wars

I better wash and iron my " Good Bush - Bad Bush " T-shirt now. I expect that this will become a collectors item as the streets will be purged of interesting t-shirts like this.

Perhaps GWB is coming here because he has seen a few too many Vietnam war moves and he still thginks that he can get " loved for a long time for 5 dolla ".

Boy is he in for a shock when he finds out that it is now more like 40 dollars and that whatever dollars he is bringing with him will only get him 32 Baht.

If he is smart, well we know he is not anyway, he will bring Euros with him.

Please do not come to Chiang Mai.

Will Samak be able to last till 4 August? I suppose the chance of him as Thai PM in a photo meeting the US President is a huge matter of face for him and will give him some incentive to hang on to the bitter end.

Lets keep this Thailand related please. Regardless of your opinions of the elections past and present, this topic is about GW visiting Thailand. This is a Thailand related board, after all.

Discussions of US politics always ends in flaming, abuse, warnings, suspensions and closure.

Something to bear in mind when posting.

Just for the purpose of keeping the thread open and going--and frustrating all the flamers whose fingers are itching to say something that will get deleted, I have a few questions:

Where will he be staying?

Are there road closures planned?

I know that for security reasons they don't give out a lot of information, but what is available could help some us avoid a disasterous journey.

just what Thailand needs, the man solely responsible for global economic downturn visiting here to impart his 'wisdom' on the thai govt. :o

Eh, IMO hes a bad president; however, they're all just puppets anyway. All this visit means is that Thailand is closer to becomming a full fledged member of the establishment.

Don't kid yourselves this is more than stopping bye to say hello the USA is looking to increase its presence in SEA.

I'll not post links. You can do your own research. Next Stop Burma

That said I doubt Bush could find Thailand on a map

Does Thailand really need another bag of rubbish ? Pollution level is already high here, and I think it is a duty to prevent any further nuisance...

Deny him a visa, or better, let him in Suvanaburmi, then bring him to IDC, and deport him....Guantanamo might be a right choice........