Buying A Motorcycle

mijan24

There has been numerous postings on this topic so I will not bore you with the usual details.

Purchased motorcycle w/geenbook & provided all paperwork (from seller $ buyer (self) to the LTC @ Nonthaburi - NOGO.

Thai friend well connected said no probs I will take it down there and have the transfer done - NOGO.

Problem was the seller was living in Hua Hin when he purchased the bike and mived to Bangkok in recent times and I suppose you can equate it to interstate registration in Australia never the twain shall meet.

Simply donned the helmet early am Monday and popped down to Petchaburi LCT (excellent service) all completed and back in Nonthaburi by lunch, now need to pop into the LCT @ Nonthaburi in 10 days as Petchburi will transfer file etc up here & I suspect issue new plates to identify Bangkok.

It was a nice ride, hope this assists others, weather in Petchburi excellent arrived back home looking like a miner from Newcastle maily from the fumes and dust ex the 10 wheel truck brigade entering & leaving Bangkok.

Mijan24 :D after a bath & beer back to normal :o