Old Farang Need A Job

qrtech

recently when i visit Sukhuvit, i saw an old farang sit on the roadsite with a big a travel luggage , that is a notice on the luggage, he wrote down he need a job, any kind of job, he had a degree holder, and been working at Washington before, his thai's wife sold out all his property and run away. he look very pity,, can anybody help him ?

recently when i visit Sukhuvit, i saw an old farang sit on the roadsite with a big a travel luggage , that is a notice on the luggage, he wrote down he need a job, any kind of job, he had a degree holder, and been working at Washington before, his thai's wife sold out all his property and run away. he look very pity,, can anybody help him ?

Its not you is it?

I think they did an interview with him in Sukhumvit Eye.

Yes he'll work for expat salary only. Wouldn't think one could afford to be so picky in a situation like he finds himself in. He's an American national, so he must be able to get a job teaching, instead of sitting around Soi Nana past midnight - apparently waiting for some drunken soul with oil money to offer him a job.

Seriously, who would walk by an actually think to themselves: "This is just what our company is looking for"?

Something is not right. He's too proud to work for a teaching or local salary but he's not to proud to sit on a cardboard box on the street with his handwritten resume glued to his bag and many a ladyboy almost tripping over him.

Why don't we call a spade a spade. The guy is a loafing idiot, with obviously several marbles loose. Why on earth would any self-respecting foreign firm pay a guy like that an expat salary?

Utter nonsense.

He's a loser.

Why don't we call a spade a spade. The guy is a loafing idiot, with obviously several marbles loose. Why on earth would any self-respecting foreign firm pay a guy like that an expat salary?

Utter nonsense.

He's a loser.

lol I like your choice of words better.

Nonsense. Go back to school and learn more about capitalism. There are winners and winners, but not all winners are equal.

Let's face facts. This guy has been on the soi 4 circuit for at least eighteen months. He is an out and out bum, preying on the ignorant goodness of visitors.

He no more wants a job than thaivisa needs another bloody poll.

He is also delusional if he thinks any reputable firm will employ him. To pretend to have lost your posessions to a Thai wife is NOT the sort of thing I would use on my CV as an incentive for someone to snap me up and pay me half a million baht a month.

Utter nonsense.

He's a loser.

Exactky what I would of said. Spot on.

That guy's made the rounds from Soi Cowboy to Nana for quite a while now. He's most definitely a loser and/or delusional. Even more pathetic are the gullible tourists who give him money.

(edited for a pesky spelling mistake)

Edited by tod-daniels

I spoke to him and offered him a lift somewhere before i saw what was wrote on his rucksack. Offer him some food and he will refuse it. He is not a beggar but a con artist. Smart appearence, so he isnt hard up!

At the present time you will see him near hilarys bar soi 4 sukhumvit sitting on the curb.

Total tosser infact he's probably a TV member!

This guy has been as mentioned before, doing the rounds for some considerable time. Whilst, I have sympathy for people in difficult times, he's obviouisly a lazy bastard, as there are still plenty of teaching jobs that he could do to earn some money.

IMO he's exactly the sort of person who should be deported.

should I move this post to the jobs wanted forum? Maybe he'll have better luck there? :o

Maybe if it was only him posting. Doh

true, but prospective employers will know where to contact him. Most likely a fair chunk of them will be stumbling past him on the weekend....

should I move this post to the jobs wanted forum? Maybe he'll have better luck there? :o

Maybe if it was only him posting. Doh

true, but prospective employers will know where to contact him. Most likely a fair chunk of them will be stumbling past him on the weekend....

I guess so but does he really want a job? I read on another thread about him someone give him a contact for a electronics job in bkk with a good salary, Guess what? He never contacted them about it. 100% Scamster

i think only him can help himself..nothing we can help... i just thinking why not he look for US embassy for help ? just go back his country, will be much more easy to stay here..why he want to staying here ?

Its not you is it?

did he tell his wife "your cooking smells funny"? :o

Utter nonsense.

He's a loser.

I've seen him too. He looks tired and pathetic and washed up and I sympathise because he reminds me of me.

Your reference to marbles is probably to the point. Such people can't be choosers and he surely must be disturbed.

Though if he's really on his beam ends, better he go write a book.

And incidentally, the Thais are pretty good to tolerate this sort of thing. It's one thing to give pavement space to your own beggars but to foreigners too!

He can really count himself a lucky beggar for not getting carted off for vagrancy.