Thai Passport For Uk Born Son

palusa

I would appreciate help if someone could tell me what i would have to do to get my 6 year old son a Thai passport here are the circumstances

My son born in the UK

Mother is Thai

I am UK

Have birth certificate but only in english

What would i have to do and where wou;ld i have to go and of course how much would it cost

Thank guys for any help

Palusa

Call the thai embassy in London or look at their website, they will provide you will all information & required documentation you need.

It takes approx one morning or afternoon to go through the papework checking, photos, fingerprinting & general waiting. It took us 2 hrs but we made sure we had a 9am appointment.

It is quite straightforwrd though & pp took about 2 weeks to arrive (which was very quick)

Call the thai embassy in London or look at their website, they will provide you will all information & required documentation you need.

It takes approx one morning or afternoon to go through the papework checking, photos, fingerprinting & general waiting. It took us 2 hrs but we made sure we had a 9am appointment.

It is quite straightforwrd though & pp took about 2 weeks to arrive (which was very quick)

sorry for being a bit thick but i forgot to mention i am here living in Thailand

woops, sorry assumed you were in UK.

Ok, Have a look at this website for the MFA which lays out the thai passport procedure but I would also get the UK birth certificates translated & stamped by the MFA too.

When my husband (not a child :o ) got his first thai pp here it also didn't take that long to apply & came through in a couple of weeks too.

your son is born in the UK, so it is easiest that the Thai embassy in London organises a birth certificate for him (the reason that if you are born overseas, the thai embassy in that country issues the the birth certificate). The Thai BC is the first document in a chain of documents you need to get the PP.

Luckily, you can simple apply for the BC via mail to the embassy.

Once in hand, you'll need to take the BC to the Ampur and get your son on the house registration (tabieen baan). They will also issue him with a Thai ID number.

Once done, you can go to the passport office and get the passport issued.

Now, given he is in Thailand on the UK passport, he will have to leave on the UK passport. However when he returns to Thailand he can be stamped in on the Thai PP and have unlimted entry into Thailand.

All the best.

Boo, could you tell me about your appointment please, my wife (Thai) and I had a 9:30 appointment according to the man my wife spoke to from the embassy, but when we arrived there was no appointment, it was first come first served and so we endured 2.5 hours of hel_l in the basement room at the embassy.

Many thanks

Brigante7

your son is born in the UK, so it is easiest that the Thai embassy in London organises a birth certificate for him (the reason that if you are born overseas, the thai embassy in that country issues the the birth certificate). The Thai BC is the first document in a chain of documents you need to get the PP.

Luckily, you can simple apply for the BC via mail to the embassy.

Once in hand, you'll need to take the BC to the Ampur and get your son on the house registration (tabieen baan). They will also issue him with a Thai ID number.

Once done, you can go to the passport office and get the passport issued.

Now, given he is in Thailand on the UK passport, he will have to leave on the UK passport. However when he returns to Thailand he can be stamped in on the Thai PP and have unlimted entry into Thailand.

All the best.

My daughter was born in Singapore, mother is Thai,I am British.

Did all as Samran has said and she travels on the Brit passport and enters Thailand on the Thai passport,easy.

Encountered a problem with registering her on the Tambian bhan though.

The lady at the office said.

As she was n,t born in Thailand we will need to arrange an interview at the Amphur office with my wife and me along with the head of the village .

As we did ,nt have the time to do this last time she is ,nt in the book.

The lady in the office said that is no problem for now but will need to be in there to obtain an I D card later in life.

Good luck .

Hi brigante7

I did same as you, called, made an appointment & when we turned up were about 5th in the queue outside but once inside we made the staff behind the glass screen aware we had appointment & were called over 2nd to go through the paperwork. It is a bit of a mish mash when inside though & I noticed people just sitting waiting to be called & they weren't going to be so I was a little bit pushy in asking if we were going to go first casue we had an appointment & also a small baby with us. :o

But tbh 2.5hrs doesn't sound that bad, ours was about 1.5-2hrs all in as we had to wait whilst forms & id were checked elsewhere & then baby & husband (thai) went through the interview at another side area where fingerprints were taken but tbh, I was chuffed to be out so quick as another friend had done the same a few months earlier & was there for about 5 hours & then had to go back again cause they didn't have all the papers they needed!!!