Mobile Phone Gps Navigation In Bkk

rafaelo

hi, i'm currently in the US and will be moving to Bkk in september. I'd like to know:

1) is there a functional gps navigation service for cellphones in BKK?

2) who are the local carriers?

3) what are the phones that work the best and how much they cost in BKK? Iphone, LG Dare, N95?

4) costs for say unlimmitted monthly access , service, etc?

5) are the maps in english? thai? both?

6) are you happy with your service?

7) tips? suggestions?

thanks

rafael

I have a nokia N61 navigator - it came with route 66 Thai maps which I haven't found tha thelpful

I downloaded from nokia for free , smart2go , for the asia region - this works well , I have never needed to pay/download any more info as I am happy with what is already in the free download.

I would also suggest you use the search function on this forum ans serach GPS - there has been a lot of discussion and tips over the years.

I have a nokia N61 navigator - it came with route 66 Thai maps which I haven't found tha thelpful

I downloaded from nokia for free , smart2go , for the asia region - this works well , I have never needed to pay/download any more info as I am happy with what is already in the free download.

I would also suggest you use the search function on this forum ans serach GPS - there has been a lot of discussion and tips over the years.

I have the nokia 6110 Navigator mobile phone. As he mentioned above the route 66 maps are worthless, I installed the free nokia maps software and purchased the thailand map navigation and it works flawlessly. wish I could reassign that map button to the nokia maps and delete route 66

Greg