6 Westerners Caught With Drugs Worthwhile 50 Million Thb

Yesterday 6 Westerners have been caught yesterday on Samui with drugs worthwhile 50 Million THB on a yacht, according to a Thai mobile phone news service. It has not been mentioned which drugs have been found nor was the nationality of the people involved disclosed.

Could that explain yesterday's helicopter over Samui?

So far neither the Bangkok Post, the Nation or any of the Thainews papers have reported on this. Most likely soon to change.

Edited by limbos

Yesterday 6 Westerners have been caught with drugs worthwhile 50 Million THB on a yacht, according to a Thai mobile phone news service. It has not been mentioned which drugs have been found nor was the nationality of the people involved disclosed.

Could that explain yesterday's helicopter over Samui?

So far neither the Bangkok Post, the Nation or any of the Thainews papers have reported on this. Most likely soon to change.

ya, wondered about the helicopter too. will be interesting to see if true and if its reported.

Just heard some news that an Italian from Bangrak who owns a restaurant and a very high profile long time resident (somebody else can name him) have been busted for coke. not sure if its connected to the yacht but my source says its connected to the Helicopters.

i know the UK guy and wish him the best of luck. Its doesn't look good if your on national TV.

Just say no.

in today Thai news paper"daily news"

front page - a picture of a drug bust..

it says that the arrested is an Iranian and his 8 month pregnant Thai wife.

they are charged with drug traffic and that thier assets including a house yacht and differnt assets worth over 300 million baht were siezed.

I did not see any reference to other arrests.

Any link high diver?

no link sorry... its in the actual news paper on the front page.

and yes i totally agree he does not look happy.

i wonder if anyone has heard anything about the other 5 people and the one in banrak posted earlier. or was it just rumors...

Edited by highdiver

Looks like "Roger, out 'n over!"

Somehow it strikes my amazement that it is quite funny that there are people desperate to repeat the mistakes others have made xxxx times before them and still believe they will get away with it.... really strikes me, sorry no pardon!

Edited by Samuian

Thai TV Channel 3 also reports arrest of an Iranian national and 4 other (non specified) Westerners for Cocaine trafficking. 10 KG was captured.

According to the TV Channel, this was done every month with 10 kg through a Nigerian connection.

Supposedly the Iranian national also had a souvenir shop on Samui.

i read the news about this richy guy, i just would like to know how is it possible for this guy to run this drug ring on samui for over 10 years? what was or is the police on samui doing? thay must known this cause the police from bkk new about it? so wen will koh samui have the right strong people in the right places to do a good job and not take brib? :o

Thai police break up drug ring supplying tourists

Thai police detained more than 30 people and broke up a drug ring that was supplying tourists with cocaine and Ecstasy on the island of Samui, an official said Saturday.

Working with American drug enforcement agents, Thai police made the arrests Friday, said Police Col. Ithipol Kitsuwansay. Among those detained were an Iranian suspected of leading the ring, two Turks, several Africans and a British citizen, he said.

Police also seized about 100 million baht (US$3 million) in assets owned by the Iranian, including a yacht, several gift shops and a pub on the island in the Gulf of Thailand, he said. He was identified as 38-year-old Shahriar Zarghamzade, alias Ramin Ahmani.

Ithipol said the ring was buying as much as 22 pounds (10 kilograms) of cocaine with a street value of 35 million baht (US$1 million) from Latin America each month and shipping it through Bangkok to Samui. It was then sold at parties frequented by tourists, he said.

Scores of foreigners are on death row in Thailand for drug-related convictions.

http://www.axilltv.com/bkpost-2.php?newsid=331921

the bar is Source bar in Soi Reggae, police were there for hours yesterday. just seen the news on TV and the British guy looks like the manager of a well known bar on the beach in Chaweng.

Edited by NALAK

im confused how all of this works.

you need connections to sell drugs on a small island right? drugs in america are controlled by gang territory. you cant just set up shop on any corner. so for him to operate 10 years

1. how does he get started in the first place?

2. how does he make the connections needed?

3. once he has those connections why go latin america->bkk why not just get local stuff?

im confused how all of this works.

you need connections to sell drugs on a small island right? drugs in america are controlled by gang territory. you cant just set up shop on any corner. so for him to operate 10 years

1. how does he get started in the first place?

2. how does he make the connections needed?

3. once he has those connections why go latin america->bkk why not just get local stuff?

Just go to www.iwannabeadrugdealer.com to download your free starter pack (30 day free trial) :o

Edited by Pilchard

Drug bust in paradise

Enter your search terms Submit search form

Web www.bangkokpost.com

BangkokPost.com, with agency reports

Police have broken up a multi-million-baht drug peddling ring supplying high-priced imported drugs to tourists on Koh Samui, and arrested 30 people in the sweep, an anti-drug officer said on Saturday.

Pol Col Ithipol Kitsuwansay said the ring was supplying cocaine and Ecstasy to night-clubbers on Samui.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/topstories/tops...s.php?id=129235

i read the news about this richy guy, i just would like to know how is it possible for this guy to run this drug ring on samui for over 10 years? what was or is the police on samui doing? thay must known this cause the police from bkk new about it? so wen will koh samui have the right strong people in the right places to do a good job and not take brib? :D

They have probably decided already who gets what from all they seized. :o

Of course the local boys in brown were in on it.

Everything these people owned will get stolen and stripped in no time.

Remember the beached boat in Phuket not too long ago? :D