Mobile Dee Top Up Cards Chang Mia

kennkate

OK Chang Mia People

My wife wants to obtain Sawadee top up card in order to get a cheaper rate calls to the Uk

She has tried to get one in Lamphun 7/11 No Have. Looks like she may have to go to Chang Mia

Anyone Know where she can buy one so I can point her in the right Direction.

Will be coming on bus. No have car

Thanks in advance

EFL Learning Centre along Kaewnawarat Rd opposite Prince Royal's College sells the 99 baht starter kits to their teachers. Teachers I know have been able to top up at local 7/11s. I'm sure they wouldn't mind selling to walk-ins though.

I bought one and now phone the UK for 1.5 baht per min (I think to the States it's 1 baht) compared to the 16 or 18 baht I paid with my AIS account. There's no time limit on the cards so you can use when you like and not worry that you'll lose your credits if you don't use in 30 days.

Edited by Loaded

I have had this problem myself and contacted the owner of the company who met with me in Khon Kaen when he was in the area. He told me that the top-up cards are only available from Family Mart and cost 250 baht. If you ask for Sawasdee card they will often give you a 1-2-Call card which the thais refer to as a Sawasdee card, this is obviously not correct. If you have problems at Family Mart you will find that they have a poster advertising the various top-up cards available at their store which is displayed either at the entrance or at the point of sale so you can poiht to the one you want The staff will then say something like "oh you want Sawadee card...Ok" and give you the correct card.

7Eleven do not sell the top-up cards but you can refill your credit by asking at the till for "Sawasdee Shop" the staff will reply "No Have" and you will point to the A4 sheet next to the till that has the bar codes for all the utilities and other bills that can be paid at 7Eleven, if you look at the section where the mobile telephone refills are you will see Sawasdee Shop and they will process your credit (you have to give them your phone number if you did not get a "member card" when you joined Dee Dial.) The owner of Deedial told me that he was increasing the minimum top-up at 7Eleven to 250 baht where before it was possible to refill with a minimum of 100 baht, I am not sure if this has happened yet.

Hope this is of use.