Cat Cdma

pokerkid

I heared about the Cat cdma network. I am not sure what this is . I like to get internet on my laptop through a telephone.

Is it possible to use a telephone (and what kind of) to get internet access or do i need an aircard for this?

I heared about the Cat cdma network. I am not sure what this is . I like to get internet on my laptop through a telephone.

Is it possible to use a telephone (and what kind of) to get internet access or do i need an aircard for this?

CAT CDMA = AirCard

CAT CDMA services South, North, and Northeast regions

Hutch CMDA services Central and East regions

if you are in an area served by CAT (and not Hutch) go to the local CAT office, get the USB modem for BHT 13,000, get the plan for BHT 800, done. It's a mobile internet standard, currently the only 3G offering in Thailand.

I wouldn't bother with Hutch, it's too slow. But CAT is quite good, or can be depending on the area / reception etc.

• 3 years later...

if you are in an area served by CAT (and not Hutch) go to the local CAT office, get the USB modem for BHT 13,000, get the plan for BHT 800, done. It's a mobile internet standard, currently the only 3G offering in Thailand.

I wouldn't bother with Hutch, it's too slow. But CAT is quite good, or can be depending on the area / reception etc.

Inside Chiang Mai city, I have found AIS 3G to be much better than CAT CDMA. CAT CDMA has better coverage away from Chiang Mai city, but still depends on the distance from a tower.

There have recently been upgrades to AIS throught different areas of the country and I have not used AIS 3G since the upgrades.

In my personal experience CAT CDMA degrades much quicker than AIS 3G the further you are from a tower. That is my expereince in Chiang Mai

MSPain

Which usb modem cost 13,000 baht! - seems a bit steep?

Anybody using CAT CDMA in a rural part of Nakon Sawan province preferably west of Lat Yao I am thinking about getting the service and am curious about the quality?

Thanks

Moe

Where You will buy that service? I was getting impression they don't sell that anymore for new customers and when I asked about 4 months ago in Nakhon Sawan office, they said "modem, no have". And how far is Your place from CAT tower? More that 10km and I'm been told that it's not working. I know there is one tower near road between Lat Yao - Chum Ta Bong, not remember sure where.

Which usb modem cost 13,000 baht! - seems a bit steep?

If You look time when he post, back then they were in that prize.

Anybody using CAT CDMA in a rural part of Nakon Sawan province preferably west of Lat Yao I am thinking about getting the service and am curious about the quality?

Thanks

Moe

Where You will buy that service? I was getting impression they don't sell that anymore for new customers and when I asked about 4 months ago in Nakhon Sawan office, they said "modem, no have". And how far is Your place from CAT tower? More that 10km and I'm been told that it's not working. I know there is one tower near road between Lat Yao - Chum Ta Bong, not remember sure where.

Just in case you haven't seen it before, there is a tower location map on the CAT CDMA web site.

MSPain