Wiggle-town @ Sukhumvit Pattaya

chakatee

Driving along Sukhumvit just before Big C at Pattaya South road, I noticed a sign "Wiggle-town", play center and cafe.

It seems rather small (haven't been in yet) but small is better as what exists until now (almost nothing) as childrens (safe) playgrounds. Has both in- and outdoor area.

Their website http://www.wiggle-town.com/ doesn't give too much extra info.

Anyone any experiences there?

- Infrastructure

- Safety

- Prices

- Atmosphere

- The main parameter: how much fun did your children have being out there?

Thanks!

Driving along Sukhumvit just before Big C at Pattaya South road, I noticed a sign "Wiggle-town", play center and cafe.

It seems rather small (haven't been in yet) but small is better as what exists until now (almost nothing) as childrens (safe) playgrounds. Has both in- and outdoor area.

Their website http://www.wiggle-town.com/ doesn't give too much extra info.

Anyone any experiences there?

- Infrastructure

- Safety

- Prices

- Atmosphere

- The main parameter: how much fun did your children have being out there?

Thanks!

I have been to Wiggle town 4 times since they opened - about 3 weeks ago - with my 2 year old son. A fantastic addition to Pattaya for kids and mums/dads. You get a warm welcome and there is a good atmosphere. Both indoor and outdoor play areas are safe and there is a door lock so that the children can not leave the premises alone. Most importantly, the children have great fun. It is good to be able to take our children to a safe and clean play centre. The mums/dads can have a good coffee and chat while the kids are busy playing/climbing. In my opinion it is a great centre and I know that my son thinks so also. He gets so excited when I tell him we are going to "Wiggle Town".

• 2 weeks later...

Took my kids there the other day - absolutely fantastic - kids got to play indoors and outdoors and I got to relax, read a newspaper and had a coffee.

Heaps of things for the kids to do and play with there.

Well set up - excellent quality equipment, not the usual locally made stuff, all seems european standard.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with seadoo and tjc about Wiggle Town. It's a great place to take the kids, outside it has a very nice and safe playground, there's also a sandbox, plenty of toys inside, great atmosphere and you can enjoy a coffee while your kids play. I'm taking my 2 years old son there and he likes it very much. A great addition to Pattaya.

Seems a bit pricey for a playground.

Not really, if you check out what's inside the place - and for me to be able to relax and let the kids run a muck, well that's good value for me - I'd rather them play with all the quality stuff they have there than let them go and play on old steel drums that have been converted into play equipment (most play places in Thailand are like this) this wiggle town has all of the latest modern european gear.

Hardest part is when we leave, trying to stop the kids trying to take some of the toys at the place home with them.

Not really, if you check out what's inside the place - and for me to be able to relax and let the kids run a muck, well that's good value for me - I'd rather them play with all the quality stuff they have there than let them go and play on old steel drums that have been converted into play equipment (most play places in Thailand are like this) this wiggle town has all of the latest modern european gear.

Hardest part is when we leave, trying to stop the kids trying to take some of the toys at the place home with them.

Good playgrounds are hard to find in Pattaya.

Nakula has park with a free playground and it is often filled with kids.

Wiggle Town will be closed very soon as 250 baht for what will amount to around 1 hours worth of playtime is to expensive for Thailand.

• 3 weeks later...

Wiggle Town will be closed very soon as 250 baht for what will amount to around 1 hours worth of playtime is to expensive for Thailand.

I personally don't think they will be out of business anytime soon - I tried to get my child into one of their organised playgroups and they are almost booked out.

Sure you can pay 250 and only stay an hour (in air-conditioned comfort) you can also stay there all day for the same price - or you can go down to naklau and play in the sun on aging play gear - I guess - what price do you put on your child's safety and comfort.

There is another thing called Baby Genius near the Bangkok Pat Hospital, they charge 600 baht and they are packed too.

I personally don't think they will be out of business anytime soon - I tried to get my child into one of their organised playgroups and they are almost booked out.

Sure you can pay 250 and only stay an hour (in air-conditioned comfort) you can also stay there all day for the same price - or you can go down to naklau and play in the sun on aging play gear - I guess - what price do you put on your child's safety and comfort.

There is another thing called Baby Genius near the Bangkok Pat Hospital, they charge 600 baht and they are packed too.

The air blown clown that was on Sukumvit is already deflated, I love some of the ideas people come up with for businesses in Pattaya.

If the prices were reasonable they would be able to stay open.

The air blown clown that was on Sukumvit is already deflated, I love some of the ideas people come up with for businesses in Pattaya.

Even "Mr Wiggle" as my daughter calls him was not spared from accidents, apparently someone cut his life support that's why we don't see him wiggling these last few days. Yeah sure public parks are all over Pattaya but then we get to share w/ stray dogs, bird's poop etc. My daughter & I enjoys spending time in Wiggle Town, she gets to see her old friends, meet new ones, learns jumping safely on the trampoline & most importantly I get to chat w/ fellow mums over a nice latte. For the price 250 is reasonable for a safe, friendly & cozy atmosphere. :o

If you don't like the place, why bag it.

I feel sorry for your children (if you have them) for your kinyow approach and that you would take on a negative attitude such as the one you have taken about this place.

Do you have a business that we can come and check and and show our support.

Are you the type of person that tries to ruin christmas as well?

To answer your silly statement about the clown - apparently it was damaged by their gardener when he was cutting the grass while it was running - cheap shot from a cheap charlie